Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 08:15:41 PM
Quote from: cucuchu on Today at 03:35:52 PMI suffered through AVP: R in cinema

I made that mistake.  :laugh:

My fault though. I saw the reviews as well but I thought I needed to make my own mind up.  Wish I actually listened to them.
Granted sometimes reviewers are not always right. The thing, predator and a few other films regarded well today weren't given a warm reception upon release.

Last post by Kradan - Today at 08:05:29 PM
As you wish
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 07:59:25 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Today at 04:50:40 PMMaybe, it's just me, but complaining about not wanting to waste time (by watching the movie) while lurking and commenting for months on forums about said movie that you brag about not going to see seems like a waste of time.

It probably is just you, especially if sure you want to be calling anyone who has being reading/commentating on here wasting their time.
Simply being logged on and occasionally reading/commenting is hardly a waste of time if we can actually be doing something with our time at the same time. This is just a site, it doesn't take all our attention or 24 hours of our day. It takes only minutes to read and respond. :laugh:

QuoteI mean, spending months commenting on a movie forum while bragging about being too good to watch the movie when it comes out, what do you want, a prize or something?

No one is bragging. Bragging = boasting. Considering not going to the cinema is not bragging. :P 

Quote from: Kradan on Today at 07:44:25 PMWell said

Not really.
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 07:57:34 PM
Let's talk about bonus situation
Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2024, 02:09:55 AM
Quote from: Darkness on May 13, 2024, 06:24:15 PMI definitely want a big hardback that contains all his work.
That would be amazing, but also ridiculously thick. I've got about six of his books and couldn't imagine them so condensed.
I have Giger's diary and it's a huge book. Well, the dimensions of the book are smaller than I'd like, but it feels like it's like 900 pages.

I would have absolutely loved it if Giger had survived long enough to see the videogame Scorn.

Edit— this is the book I have, it's 500 pages
https://a.co/d/hAIyjyR
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 07:49:45 PM
I ain't here to be your friend, I'm here to make money...you got that.
Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 07:47:40 PM
Drake Apone and Hudson would like to have a word with you.
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by Xenomrph - Today at 07:44:27 PM
Quote from: Neila on Yesterday at 08:11:36 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 15, 2024, 03:24:02 PM
Quote from: Neila on May 15, 2024, 06:15:30 AMI wasn't completely up to date on the matter.
I thought all along that you could pre-order it for the prices listed if you wanted to be mentioned in the credits, etc.

I assumed that at some point it would be available for everyone to purchase without being credited and at a normal price.
That's how their other documentaries played out, I know because I own several.

According to the CEO that's not the case with this one. Unless he's a liar preying on false FOMO, of course.

I wonder what the motivation is for this. I mean, wouldn't it be more lucrative from a financial point of view to sell it officially instead of just catering to exclusive buyers?

Maybe they've already made enough money from the pre-orders to finance everything, I don't know.

The alien documentary memory was also available for everyone to buy.
However, I don't know whether there were exclusive versions beforehand.
They're trying to have their cake and eat it too. Prey on (false) FOMO to get people to buy in at the high price point, and then snag the people who don't buy in with a lower price point later and hope they don't have a long enough memory to remember (or care about) the FOMO claims.

Don't fall for it.

Also they absolutely made enough money from the initial financing 18 months ago, otherwise the project would never have happened in the first place. That's how crowdfunding (allegedly) works, you need the capital from backers to make the project happen. If they made the documentary, it stands to reason they got the capital on the first go-around. Everything after that is pure profit.
Last post by Kradan - Today at 07:44:25 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Today at 04:50:40 PMMaybe, it's just me, but complaining about not wanting to waste time (by watching the movie) while lurking and commenting for months on forums about said movie that you brag about not going to see seems like a waste of time.

Also, sue me, if a fan of the movie franchise is excited about a new movie after 7 years of content drought, but i guess, apparently that means i'm a fanatic shill, drone or lack critical thinking.

I guess this is what people back in the 80s and 90s were caled, before going to watch Aliens and Alien 3.

I don't really have a problem if people won't watch the movie, simply because they can't (financially or kids) or because they are not interested/excited/hopeful, but to go around and acting all high and mighty towards those that are excited for the movie (in said movie's forum lmao) only makes you look like an asshole, contrarians and attention/negativity seekers.

I mean, spending months commenting on a movie forum while bragging about being too good to watch the movie when it comes out, what do you want, a prize or something?

Well said
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed