Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 108,857 times)

PAS Spinelli

Doesn't that website only count people that log into it? Because there is no way there's only 104 players on that platform. You will find different people from PSN over the course of multiple matches, rarely finding the same people

davewesker

davewesker

Respectfully disagre. PHG will be their biggest game. If I was on charge of their social media in the lead up to Preys release I'd be advertising the game with captions such as Track down your PREY in the Jungle in PHG etc. Day of release the posted about arcadegeddon.

To this day we still talk shit about the new born, AvP2,  Aliens Colonial Marines. Why does Illfonic and their complete mishandling of this game get a pass?

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 21, 2022, 10:55:21 PMDoesn't that website only count people that log into it? Because there is no way there's only 104 players on that platform. You will find different people from PSN over the course of multiple matches, rarely finding the same people
That's how many were playing at that time.

Got to remember on PC it was on Epic for a year before released on steam. So assume a large amount of the playerbase is on epic on pc

PAS Spinelli

Nah it wouldn't surpass their Friday game

davewesker

davewesker

Tbh forgot about Friday. OK second biggest game lol

Edit.

Did I like the game. Yes loved it. The friends I made are awesome. Am I bitter and angry now about it? Hell yes. The one year anniversary showed illfonics true colours as a greedy company who's focus was squeezing as much money from the fans of a franchise that hadn't had many gaming outings and that's what's made me angry when in the lead up to release they were talking about how they are fans

Leggs.obj

Leggs.obj

Quote from: davewesker on Aug 21, 2022, 11:17:02 PMRespectfully disagre. PHG will be their biggest game. If I was on charge of their social media in the lead up to Preys release I'd be advertising the game with captions such as Track down your PREY in the Jungle in PHG etc. Day of release the posted about arcadegeddon.

To this day we still talk shit about the new born, AvP2,  Aliens Colonial Marines. Why does Illfonic and their complete mishandling of this game get a pass?

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 21, 2022, 10:55:21 PMDoesn't that website only count people that log into it? Because there is no way there's only 104 players on that platform. You will find different people from PSN over the course of multiple matches, rarely finding the same people
That's how many were playing at that time.

Got to remember on PC it was on Epic for a year before released on steam. So assume a large amount of the playerbase is on epic on pc

As I said before, they probably COULD'T LEGALLY use the new film to Advert a game released 3 years ago. Yes they HAD the rights to the previous predator films, were probably given a Lore Bible on the PREVIOUSLY released films and told THATS where they can build assets from. I'm not saying to give Illfonic a "pass" but I really do feel that fans of the game should seriously re-evaluate their expectations of this game and what Illfonic is able to accomplish with such a small staff. It was never supposed to be a HUGE game, its barely above a quickplay arcade game.

Small Studios make Small Games.

and personally I find it unhealthy to focus on the lowest points of any franchises for many many years. Let it go, your negativity isn't going to magically make Pitchford, the Strauses, or even Jeunet care or change anything about the media they released.

davewesker

Sorry but have to disagree. They could have even just advertised their game due to the increase in intrest with the franchise around Preys release but didn't. They took our money to make Arcadegeddon, a failure of a game.

Small studios make small games is no excuse. How come they were able to get Arnold back if its a small game? At the time there was 5 films, numerous comics and book characters They could use and they gave us a nfl player? The 1 year anniversary was delayed a day so the one year exclusive deal was up with epic and what they release a £20 dlc bundle where only new thing was early access to a mask. Even fortnite won't let you buy cosmetics more than once. It's a scummy company and needs to be called out on.

Wweyland

One final "hurrah" for the game could be an Ultimate Edition that contains all the DLC and is reasonably priced (not 60+).

Mr.Turok

Incoming new DLC soon:

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

God damnit that looks really dope. Not sure how it'll play but that design f**kin rules.

Hold on, this is the only OC with a new head, what just happened? None of the others are like this. Alpha being an exception due to its association with the toy but as another pointed out even the teeth are new. The Hell's going on here?

BlueMarsalis79

His arm his Predator wife?

The Shuriken

Kradan

Kenner vibes are strong with this one

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 23, 2022, 06:55:22 PMHis arm his Predator wife?

Aha someone got the reference.

Kailem

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 23, 2022, 06:55:22 PMHis arm his Predator wife?

Depends how....Rad he is.

But damn, this Pred actually looks really cool! :o Obviously this is the "Cyborg" that was datamined a while back. Surprised we're not getting Celtic, but I've always loved me some Kenner, so anything that even remotely resembles them is good in my book! ;D

I'm still riding high on Prey hype, so I'm totally going to make another financial mistake when this guy comes out!

Corporal Hicks

What madness is this???!!! That looks awesome! Definitely getting the Kenner vibes (in a good way). It also reminds me of some specific fanart which I need to find again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed