OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

If a human can beat the SPs, don't see how an Alien can't. :P

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 17, 2010, 01:29:33 PM
If a human can beat the SPs, don't see how an Alien can't. :P

Spoiler
The Super Pred first had to fight the classic which obviously had to be hard on him
[close]

Anyway Zilla, we'll take this discussion up again when the movie is out  ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Spoiler
What about the others? Doesn't Falconer get owned by Hanzo with a katana? :P
[close]

You is (:P) right, it's better to not speculate on something that has yet to come.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Besides every time I have not the same opinion like you and we argue (which actually only happens when we talk about AvP funny enough) a little bit of my soul dies, since we are both club members  :(

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Argue?
No, no. That's healthy discussion.
Trust me, discussing with others is a fantastic way to sharpen  your opinion, your ways of exposing it and mainly how to shield it from other's.
In the last 2 years I've made an almost-un-attackable point about the Godzilla remake being legitimate, so... ;) :)

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: SM on Jun 17, 2010, 01:10:01 PM
QuoteA biomechanic inner jaw can't stand a chance against that kind of metal.

Why not?

Bullets sometimes bounce of Alien hides - but inner jaws can puncture them.  Don't see why it couldn't break a Predator mask at point blank.

Because the Predator helmet (and body) can resist to the blast of 2 40mm grenades in raw without being damaged
  1 pulse rifle 30mm nades kill 3 aliens at the same time  , and if it was a 40mm nades every body in the place would  have been killed (alien and marines) cause use a 40mm nade in close environnement is simple suicide

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

;DI'm not a mindless Pred fan boy , the only thing i don 't like about aliens it's that they are a bit too present in the Predator universe (i know of course about the comics and books)

I really would like to see the Predator hunting other prey than humans and xeno , it would be great to see preds hunting bigger and stronger prey ,like some kind of another world T-rex or big starship troopers size monsters  8)

I'm not saying that the xeno is a powerless ant against , of course not . But if i a was facing a Predator i would rather like to be a soldier with a huge machingun than a single xeno ( of course if we where like 10 xeno at the same time on him, i would surely choose the xenos)

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jun 17, 2010, 01:42:39 PM

Why not?

Bullets sometimes bounce of Alien hides - but inner jaws can puncture them.  Don't see why it couldn't break a Predator mask at point blank.

Because the Predator helmet (and body) can resist to the blast of 2 40mm grenades in raw without being damaged
  1 pulse rifle 30mm nades kill 3 aliens at the same time  , and if it was a 40mm nades every body in the place would  have been killed (alien and marines) cause use a 40mm nade in close environnement is simple suicide

Bullshit. This is non-cannon if anything and can be discredited here.  And FYI the inner jaw is able to puncture the Pred mask, this is basic.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Neither can face Goku so thats all that matters  ;D

But on to the helmet arguement Celtic got his head blown in by the head bite so there is no point argueing this.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: The PredBen on Jun 17, 2010, 07:10:12 PM
Neither can face Goku so thats all that matters  ;D

But on to the helmet arguement Celtic got his head blown in by the head bite so there is no point argueing this.

^The Truth

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Jun 17, 2010, 06:37:36 PM
Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jun 17, 2010, 01:42:39 PM

Why not?

1 pulse rifle 30mm nades kill 3 aliens at the same time  , and if it was a 40mm nades every body in the place would  have been killed (alien and marines) cause use a 40mm nade in close environment is simple suicide

Bullshit. This is non-cannon if anything and can be discredited here.  And FYI the inner jaw is able to puncture the Pred mask, this is basic.

:D So predator 1 movie is bullshit because that's exactly what happen in the movie. At the end  Dutch throw his 2  last 40mm nades at the Predator (no damage to the helmet or the body) , so this is completely canon .

But if you prefer to say that AvP the parody hum.... i mean the movie, is canon so the alien time gestation is about 10min and not hours ,so alien1 is bullshit if i follow your logic.
In my opinion it seems logic that a specie able build weapons that resist to plasma constrain (which is 100time more energetic than the sun heart)  can build helmet able to resist to a simple alien inner tong . I mean even a very primitive armored glass(for the predators of course) in alien4 stopped his tong

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Weren't Dutch's last to 'nades just leaves and gunpowder, though? Or am I mistaken. I haven't seen it for a while.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 17, 2010, 12:58:34 PM
So you see, in order to make the AvP movies work and make an entertaining film, the directors have to overpower one of the species.

How does that make the concept work?

wat

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 17, 2010, 09:01:44 PM
Weren't Dutch's last to 'nades just leaves and gunpowder, though? Or am I mistaken. I haven't seen it for a while.

;) Good post (that's not ironic)

the powder he empty in the leaf will be used as a lure (he will make it explode to surprise the pred when he is in the dark tunnel in order to escape)
we can the this leaf bound around his neck

But he puts his 40mm nades on the 2 spears he throws to the Pred

;) smart intervention

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Oh, I see now. I need to watch that again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed