Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 466,161 times)

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 29, 2010, 04:23:57 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2010, 04:21:28 PM
so why the f**k did he wait???!?
It leads to 2 questions:
Why the f**k did Anytime wait to kill Arnie?
Why the f**k did Pussyface wait to kill Harrigan?
:P

People call it suspense...  graduation of suspense... It happens in movies.  ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I know and I appreciate it so much - but the point is that there's practically no difference between Pussyface waiting to kill Harrigan and Celtic waiting to kill Gridalien. The old one did it so I can't see why the new one can't.
Also, is it Suspense or Suspence? I've never taken it.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

QuoteWolf is a perfect of an Alltime (:P) stupid predator.
Yes, in a totally idiptic movie. You know that. It has the same problem in this way (no, it's much more worse) like avp. So it's not an argument for me.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Today at 04:21:28 PM

So what's the matter?

QuotePeople call it suspense...  graduation of suspense... It happens in movies.  ;)

Guess this post owns :D

QuoteI know and I appreciate it so much - but the point is that there's practically no difference between Pussyface waiting to kill Harrigan and Celtic waiting to kill Gridalien. The old one did it so I can't see why the new one can't.

Because the hunter in p2 thought he killed Harrigan, and celtic's blades were melt to their core in a second. What did he guess would grid's acid do with that tiny net? It's utmost stupidity, only Wolf's unicellular intellect can make rings around it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 29, 2010, 04:39:15 PM
Because the hunter in p2 thought he killed Harrigan, and celtic's blades were melt to their core in a second. What did he guess would grid's acid do with that tiny net? It's utmost stupidity, only Wolf's unicellular intellect can make rings around it.
Harrigan was still on his feet.
Celtic maybe thought the net was more resistent than the Wristblades.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 29, 2010, 04:31:40 PM
Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 29, 2010, 04:28:48 PM
go and watch that movie as a punishment, buddy ;)
Please, no! :o :'(
Wolf is a perfect of an Alltime (:P) stupid predator.

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 29, 2010, 04:28:48 PM
QuoteWhy the f**k did Anytime wait to kill Arnie?
Why the f**k did Pussyface wait to kill Harrigan?

Because they got overconfident for that moment, and let their guard down. Doesn't mean they are like that all the time.
Which answers to DoomRulz's question:
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2010, 04:21:28 PM

No it doesn't. In the two Predator movies, the main character has script immunity. It doesn't matter how stupid the Predator becomes, he's going to die regardless. In AvP, the fight could've gone either way.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

In AvP, Grid is sort of a main character and has a sort of script immunity seeing that he dodged 2 times Scar's blasts.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Dodged once. Grid isn't a main character either; I don't buy into that. He's just an Alien.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

He's the fookin Alpha Alien. ;D
But that remains, script immunity or not, all three waited and paid their wait.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2010, 04:54:42 PM
Dodged once. Grid isn't a main character either; I don't buy into that. He's just an Alien.

Not exactly. He's Alien main character, IMHO... ;)

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Harrigan was kneeling after several strikes he had (and a net that should have killed him). Not to mention the condition the hunter was in. He sustained serious damage, and that could cloud his logic. The two cases aren't on the same level, not near.
Why would celtic assume it? Maybe because all the gear he used was demolished by the acid, and it was only a matter of seconds. And the net was fuming. Even if he assumed it's more  resistant, he should have made his move asap he could. But he didn't. It's not simple miscalculation (based on overconfidance) like what the hunter in p2 did.

QuoteNo it doesn't. In the two Predator movies, the main character has script immunity.
As an argument I don't see its meaning. It can be said for the predator too. The script is written in the way because they want it to be. They wanted to show, the predator can be defeated  that way too.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

^Anytime also waited and he was on full energy.

keylight-di

keylight-di

QuoteNo it doesn't. In the two Predator movies, the main character has script immunity.

Yes, but the main characters in movies was Dutch and Harrigan, not Preds. And they had script immunity.
This is why humans always win. Script immunity. ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: keylight-di on Mar 29, 2010, 05:00:59 PM
This is why humans always win. Script immunity. ;)

That was my point.

Quote from: keylight-di on Mar 29, 2010, 04:56:31 PM

The difference being? He's still just an Alien. He just happens to have a funky design on his noggin.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2010, 05:21:22 PM
Quote from: keylight-di on Mar 29, 2010, 04:56:31 PM

The difference being? He's still just an Alien. He just happens to have a funky design on his noggin.
Still a main character.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 29, 2010, 03:53:46 PM
Being Stupid =/= Predator.

And he could have throwed them away and then use the caster, or use it before doing that stupid move.

I'm not saying he's a prime example of what a Predator should be (Hell, I don't even think the one from Predator 2 is), I'm just saying he was more of a Predator than the ones in AVP. He looked and acted like a Predator should. It's just a shame he did stupid things.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed