Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 469,813 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 28, 2013, 05:44:06 PM
Fair enough. I haven't met anyone before who thought that but there ya go :)

The comics made the Aliens look like weak mindless freaks swarming these noble demi-god space samurai warriors, with humans in the sidelines blasting away, joining the bug hunt. Blergh!

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 28, 2013, 05:53:17 PM
The comics made the Aliens look like weak mindless freaks swarming these noble demi-god space samurai warriors, with humans in the sidelines blasting away, joining the bug hunt. Blergh!
But they are. *runs

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 28, 2013, 05:53:17 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 28, 2013, 05:44:06 PM
Fair enough. I haven't met anyone before who thought that but there ya go :)

This is true, and why I was dissapointed by the first AvP comic.

TheRaven

TheRaven

The xenomorphs all the way.

Mostly cause they are my favourite and have the coolest designs. Plus I like reading all about them and the theories of where they came from etc etc.

Plus they ARE constantly referred to as the 'perfect organism'.

Plus with the way Ripley represents them in the movies:

"God damn it, that's not all! Because if one of those things gets down here then that will be all! Then all this - this bullshit that you think is so important, you can just kiss all that goodbye!" - quote from aliens c:

They are the deadliest lifeform, as is said on many occasions.

But that's just my opinion c:

zasz

zasz

Aliens definitely have the better design. But it seems most people's criteria for  "preferred species" is who will win in a fight.

blood.

blood.

Aliens are a lot more gruesome and horrifying but Predators are a lot more interesting to me. There's only so much you can appreciate a creature that only kills and breeds. Predators have a whole lot more interesting things going on. There's an entire history of predators we've never heard any details about. The story of the aliens is nearly complete.

DontRelaxJustYetMarines

DontRelaxJustYetMarines

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Mar 10, 2013, 01:40:28 PM
Aliens are a lot more gruesome and horrifying but Predators are a lot more interesting to me. There's only so much you can appreciate a creature that only kills and breeds. Predators have a whole lot more interesting things going on. There's an entire history of predators we've never heard any details about. The story of the aliens is nearly complete.

Aliens kill and breed.

Predators?............ kill.

We don't know the history of both species.  Except for some half-assed, lame explanation in Prometheus, which doesn't really tell us anything.

You just like Predators more.  Don't try to justify it.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: DontRelaxJustYetMarines on Mar 10, 2013, 01:45:09 PM

Aliens kill and breed.

We don't know the history of both species.  Except for some half-assed, lame explanation in Prometheus, which doesn't really tell us anything.

Predators have an entire structured society that we've only seen glimpses of, Aliens are the engineers bio weapons.

But yes I do prefer predators more :P

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Mar 10, 2013, 01:51:55 PM
Aliens are the engineers bio weapons.

That has only been established in the comics, which doesn't really mean much because of other content in the comics.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It almost seems like it's hinted at though in Prometheus, if you believe the Engineers used the black goo to create aliens.

underbound

underbound

I like the predators because of its awesomness. i like the aliens too alot and the original is always my favorite design.
but predators have something that attracts me to it like the alien.
oh yeah, so can anyone tell me what is an ORIGINAL xeno if we see human,predator,bull,dog spawned one?
and what would an alien look like if a facehugger jumped on a:
predator hound
river ghost
Thas all i got so there

zasz

zasz

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Mar 10, 2013, 01:51:55 PM
Quote from: DontRelaxJustYetMarines on Mar 10, 2013, 01:45:09 PM

Aliens kill and breed.

Predators have an entire structured society that we've only seen glimpses of, Aliens are the engineers bio weapons.

But yes I do prefer predators more :P

We've already seen a large variety of societies in reality, in humans, like hunters, hunter-gatherers, nomads, monarchy, democracy, etc etc. Not to mention the different kinds of animal societies. What could they think of that could actually, really surprise us?

Besides that, Predators are already too human-like. And they fall squarely into the proud warrior race trope.

On the other hand, we've never seen a bio weapon in reality that's also a (society of sentient) complex organisms. Think of the potential there.

Dark Blade Hunter

Dark Blade Hunter

I saw Predator back in theatres and ever scence then I've liked those awsome alien hunters.  When Dark Horse started makeing the comics I just had to read them. Also I went to see Predator 2 when it came out 3 years later.  Ever sence then I've liked those things.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 10, 2013, 08:28:44 PM
It almost seems like it's hinted at though in Prometheus, if you believe the Engineers used the black goo to create aliens.
Most probably what they're going to estabilish for certain in the next movie.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Aliens by far. The Predator if the first movie was great, but I must say I wasnt crazy about the others

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed