The Predator Full Trailer

Started by Gazz, Jun 26, 2018, 12:52:23 PM

Author
The Predator Full Trailer (Read 62,929 times)

KikReask

KikReask

That is a BIG improvement. I didn't hate the other trailers but they were too generic and just made the film look boring. This one had some spirit about it, and it was nice to see some new things like a Predator actually being captured by humans, before it breaks free. I want this film to deliver on its biggest promise, make all of the action scenes look like a massacre ala Predator 2. And I love the poster, its like something you'd see on the cover of a Predator comic. :)

I'm looking forward to it, although aside from a few TV spots they should stop with this trailer. We all now know the villain from Logan will survive this, best not to spoil anything else or they'll kill the suspense.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Well... I'm pretty much alone here but I uh...

...I don't like it. the trailer is really awfully edited. Stuttery, jerky, uneven pacing, and it doesn't really build to anything in the end, Just like the first one. That TV spot is still superior.

Beans

Beans

Trailer is great, love the idea of an anti-hero pred

But it's another super predator  :-[

azamultic

azamultic

I just got an idea, it would be sooo cool if the friendly preds will damage their helmets, and instead put on the Jungle Hunter helmet, and City Hunter helmet, it would be soooo epic to see this helmets again and fighting the Super Predator, of course I am 90 % sure it wouldn't happen, but just a fan dream to see these helmets in action as a duet cooperating  ;D

Quote from: KikReask on Jun 26, 2018, 05:40:05 PM
I want this film to deliver on its biggest promise, make all of the action scenes look like a massacre ala Predator 2. And I love the poster, its like something you'd see on the cover of a Predator comic. :)

Totally agree on that!   ;)

Darkness

Darkness

I did cringe a little when I heard the joke on the bus but I guess it's in the same vein as the pussy echo in the first one.

Not a bad trailer. I'm liking the design of the Upgrade Predators a lot more than the Berserkers.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

There's good stuff in the trailer, I just think the trailer itself is ultimately forgettable.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 26, 2018, 05:25:45 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 26, 2018, 03:35:10 PMLemme guessss... Another fan of the comics who thinks it'll be cool to adapt it on film ?  :laugh:
Never read any Predator comics or novels.
You're missing out on quite a few entertaining stories and most of them comply really well with P1/P2. The comics that is. Just entertaining, standalone stories about Predator encounters.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Xerxész on Jun 26, 2018, 05:09:05 PM
Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Jun 26, 2018, 04:18:52 PM
Question, are the 2 other Predators still in the movie ? I'm just surprised they haven't shown them, with how trailers love to spoil the whole movie these days.

Yes, they are.
You can see one of them in the trailer: on the top of the APC shooting at the exploded jeep.

Yeah although nobody would know from that tiny 1 second clip. :)

Just surprised they haven't spoiled it like so many trailers do these days, although there's still time in another trailer before it comes out.

I kinda hope they don't show them though, so it's a surprise for a lot of people.

ace3g

ace3g

Awesome trailer!!

Didn't have any issues with the delivery of the joke in the bus.  Although I'm pretty sure in the movie they will replace "V" with "P". 

Overall the Pred face looks 10x better but damn why is it so difficult to have the mandibles close properly... It is like Winston took some secret ingredient with him.

Poster is great as well.

TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger

Quote from: ace3g on Jun 26, 2018, 07:04:55 PM
Awesome trailer!!

Didn't have any issues with the delivery of the joke in the bus.  Although I'm pretty sure in the movie they will replace "V" with "P". 

Overall the Pred face looks 10x better but damn why is it so difficult to have the mandibles clothes properly... It is like Winston took some secret ingredient with him.

Poster is great as well.
Seriously, even 28 years later, his work on Predator 2 is so vastly superior to the efforts from 2004, 2007, 2010, and now even 2018 LOL. The face on his creatures, and their movements just looks so much more natural, believable, and ultimately menacing.  These other ones very clearly look like animatronics.

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

I kinda love how the poster looks like a old school Predator comic book cover  ;D

azamultic

azamultic

TheLoneRanger I was debating a while ago with somebody, but we came to conclusion that even Winston didn't pull of the Predator face in second movie. I love the second movie with all my heart, and would never want to change anything(except seeing the original NC 17 version). But animatronics in the second movie were rougher and less natural in compare to the first movie. I would say this face in 2018 is closest or same to the second movie regarding the animatronics and mandibles. So now we have only the first movie having "Perfect" face animatronics(even so I getting tired from prase for the Jungle Hunter). But Jungle Hunters animatronics felt the most natural. So even Stan Winston with his team couldn't pull of the same feel in the second movie as he did in the first. 

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: TheLoneRanger on Jun 26, 2018, 07:08:17 PM
Quote from: ace3g on Jun 26, 2018, 07:04:55 PM
Awesome trailer!!

Overall the Pred face looks 10x better but damn why is it so difficult to have the mandibles clothes properly... It is like Winston took some secret ingredient with him.

Poster is great as well.
Seriously, even 28 years later, his work on Predator 2 is so vastly superior to the efforts from 2004, 2007, 2010, and now even 2018 LOL. The face on his creatures, and their movements just looks so much more natural, believable, and ultimately menacing.  These other ones very clearly look like animatronics.

Honestly, city hunter's face close-ups in P2 looked as f**k like animatronics without a doubt, i think it was weaker than the first one in this department.

yautjapet

yautjapet

Question, are the 2 other Predators still in the movie ? I'm just surprised they haven't shown them, with how trailers love to spoil the whole movie these days.

Yes, they are.
You can see one of them in the trailer: on the top of the APC shooting at the exploded jeep.

I'm seeing some frustration about the trailer showing too much, but there's not a single hint of these two preds (aside from that shot, but you have to be looking for it.) If you think about it from the perspective of the average movie goer, the revelation of two predators working with the government will be a big surprise!

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: yautjapet on Jun 26, 2018, 07:44:43 PM

Yes, they are.

I'm seeing some frustration about the trailer showing too much, but there's not a single hint of these two preds (aside from that shot, but you have to be looking for it.) If you think about it from the perspective of the average movie goer, the revelation of two predators working with the government will be a big surprise!
They already gave away their biggest twist though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed