What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 599,062 times)

Huggs

Huggs

I forgot where I planted the damn potatoes.

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jul 01, 2021, 05:24:40 PM
Theft in Washington is rampant. What is not secured to anything can be expected to be carried off almost immediately. Vandalism is bad too.

Break out the Liquid @$$.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 01, 2021, 09:40:19 PMI forgot where I planted the damn potatoes.

No moonshine then?

Huggs

Huggs

Plenty of ways to get shine around here.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 01, 2021, 02:04:27 AM
I'm not a fan of biggish cities, so I feel your pain xeno.

I lived in Lexington, KY for about a year and that was WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE for me to ever want to be around. 

I don't mind journeying to them for the amenities, but I prefer cities (or towns) that border between 30,000-50,000 peoples.  I currently live close to Clarksville, TN and that is quickly becoming a town with too many people. 

I just don't like being right up on people all the time.  I find myself almost always eyeballing the low population states of the US, especially the western ones because of the lack of people, but always talk myself out of it because of the expense of living in those places.

I remember the days when Clarksville was small. I think the proximity to Nashville has made it just explode. You don't have to look that far in Tennessee to be real remote though. Especially in the eastern part. Git yerself some mountain land and dig in deep

Spoiler
like a Carolina tick  :P
[close]

I have such a low tolerance for traffic and crowds, even when visiting family in Houston or Miami, I get anxious just being a passenger. I can't imagine living there and having to endure that every single day  :o

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Jun 29, 2021, 05:56:29 AM
3-day COVID lockdown.

19 year old clerical worker at a hospital was symptomatic for 10 days before getting tested. Went to work -- at a cardiac hospital -- and travelled for a holiday. Fantastic.

Zoomers will be the death of us all.

Theft in Washington is rampant. What is not secured to anything can be expected to be carried off almost immediately. Vandalism is bad too.

Same story where I am. Anything not nailed down is gone in minutes. And even some nailed down things. Last summer holidays somebodies ENTIRE BACK DECK was stolen, piece by piece over a week as far as anyone can tell. My mail keeps getting stolen by kids, and several of them have taken to destroying the lawn on the verge out front and habitually spitting onto my driveway. I have to staunch out daylight thieves slinking around hoping I have a job to go to, at least twice a year. The night time thieves are more successful but no less common. It's also the murder capitol of the country, and the primary hobbies are smoking meth, sexually abusing under-aged girls, and animal neglect.

Xeno Killer 2179

I don't think there is anything to do but move when it is as bad as what we're describing.

Here, you cannot scare someone "intentionally" or you do a year in jail and 2 years probation, and don't unintentionally scare someone, as the prosecution treats it as the same as doing it on purpose despite it being impossible to prove that. Someone has hiccups and you say boo and the police find out, or one sibling play-jump scaring another, or cosplay mishap, or one of the infinite ways someone unintentionally causes a scare to someone else (reddit has countless stories of this), and you say goodnight to 3 years of your life. Someone only has to not like you to call the police over something that's not even criminal most places, or alternatively, fabricate something, which often gets a conviction when nothing happened. People are in jail a year without even an outcome to their case. If the police even find out about a scare incident, unintentional or intentional, it means automatic charge(s) and the person that was scared does not get the option to not press charges. No more trips to Canada, no buying cough syrup without permission, DNA entered in database, etc. Found this out through communication with incarcerated persons and a lawyer.

Also in the shadow of Portland, where violent criminal acts against people and property are ignored/tolerated if it's in alignment with the agenda of the mayor and governor, and likely others.

And f**k rationalwiki for implying clown/clown world insults have anything to do with being a neo nazi. It is an accurate description and appropriate term to use for what's going on. I see commercials on TV and other legitimate things using clown insults now.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The origin of the meme is definitely in far right circles, but broken clocks are right twice a day.

Xeno Killer 2179

Maybe "clown world" is specific enough, but clown comparison insults have been around longer and have nothing to do with that other stuff. It seemed they were implying any clown insult is now grouped together with nazism. I believe clown conduct is so prevalent that it seems to be independently emerging as a descriptor to use by those not aware this has always been the case.

Huggs

Huggs

Well f**k em. If someone acts like one, call em one. f**kin' clown ass motherf**kers.

BEEP BEEP!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 01, 2021, 11:59:57 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 01, 2021, 02:04:27 AM
I'm not a fan of biggish cities, so I feel your pain xeno.

I lived in Lexington, KY for about a year and that was WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE for me to ever want to be around. 

I don't mind journeying to them for the amenities, but I prefer cities (or towns) that border between 30,000-50,000 peoples.  I currently live close to Clarksville, TN and that is quickly becoming a town with too many people. 

I just don't like being right up on people all the time.  I find myself almost always eyeballing the low population states of the US, especially the western ones because of the lack of people, but always talk myself out of it because of the expense of living in those places.

I remember the days when Clarksville was small. I think the proximity to Nashville has made it just explode. You don't have to look that far in Tennessee to be real remote though. Especially in the eastern part. Git yerself some mountain land and dig in deep

Spoiler
like a Carolina tick  :P
[close]

I have such a low tolerance for traffic and crowds, even when visiting family in Houston or Miami, I get anxious just being a passenger. I can't imagine living there and having to endure that every single day  :o

Clarksville from when I was a teen and used to drive down from Hoptown to have something to do is crazy different to how it is now.  It grew too fast, driving on fort campbell boulevard is like driving on a main strip in a big city, it is ridiculous. 

I have no real problem with Kentucky or Tennessee.  I just want to experience some newish things and areas.  I've thought about just finally settling for real in Hoptown (it is so hard to beat the prices here for homes vs almost everywhere else) and traveling, but I've also thought about going west, renting for about a year and then going back home if I don't like it.  East Kentucky is about the same as East Tennessee, but East Kentucky can be poor poor. 

I feel that moving to a bigger city might be a necessity just because the job market is limited.  I drive 45 mins for work.  More options in a bigger city, especially with mofos not wanting to work right now. 

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 03, 2021, 05:37:54 PM
Clarksville from when I was a teen and used to drive down from Hoptown to have something to do is crazy different to how it is now.  It grew too fast, driving on fort campbell boulevard is like driving on a main strip in a big city, it is ridiculous. 

I have no real problem with Kentucky or Tennessee.  I just want to experience some newish things and areas.  I've thought about just finally settling for real in Hoptown (it is so hard to beat the prices here for homes vs almost everywhere else) and traveling, but I've also thought about going west, renting for about a year and then going back home if I don't like it.  East Kentucky is about the same as East Tennessee, but East Kentucky can be poor poor. 

I feel that moving to a bigger city might be a necessity just because the job market is limited.  I drive 45 mins for work.  More options in a bigger city, especially with mofos not wanting to work right now. 

Yeah :(  One of the downsides of living in this area of the Appalachians.  Land is a-plenty, the cost of living is low, outdoor activities abound, but the poverty out here can honestly feel like a punch to the gut.  Not everywhere of course, but enough to be a reminder that the region is still developing.  I'd love to travel to some of the western or midwestern states and scope things out, but there's such a big migration right now coming from the coasts inward (i.e. New York, California, etc.) that you can't say with confidence that whatever mid-size city you move to will stay that way  :-\ 

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 02, 2021, 09:17:00 PM

Same story where I am. Anything not nailed down is gone in minutes. And even some nailed down things. Last summer holidays somebodies ENTIRE BACK DECK was stolen, piece by piece over a week as far as anyone can tell. My mail keeps getting stolen by kids, and several of them have taken to destroying the lawn on the verge out front and habitually spitting onto my driveway. I have to staunch out daylight thieves slinking around hoping I have a job to go to, at least twice a year. The night time thieves are more successful but no less common. It's also the murder capitol of the country, and the primary hobbies are smoking meth, sexually abusing under-aged girls, and animal neglect.

What  :o  I mean, I know lumber prices are crazy right now, but stealing someone's entire deck?  Geez

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Doctors have been jerking me around for years about my blood pressure, never being able to tell me if I have high blood pressure or not, nevertheless I've been on pills for it for over a year, terrible, quality of life lowering side effects. I could not complete a 24 hour monitor test due to no possibility of sleeping with that thing on.

So the data I did get shows it is in exactly the same range as what I get when I measure my own blood pressure with my own device at home, and while not on meds, and it is comfortably in the healthy zone.

I have told them a thousand times to a thousand people two things cause it to go higher than what is considered healthy--simply standing up and walking 30 feet and sitting down to have it measured without waiting 20 minutes, and being stressed the f**k out by the two dozen factors that being at the clinic always causes.

I have had two occasions where it was very high because I was appropriately stressed out or in a great deal of pain due to circumstances, and every other occasion can be explained by anxiety at the time of it being taken. They have no clue, and someone just keeps coming along when I happen to not be on it, that just puts me back on some blood pressure med I have not been on before, and now my new doctor enters the stage "dO yOu ThInK iTs JuSt WhItE cOaT sYnDrOmE?"  Same question I got when I was a kid. It's gone full circle, and now it seems like the year of suffering was all for nothing, due to erroneous prescribing because they will not do their f**king job and be absolutely sure if something is or is not a goddamn medical necessity.

I will take the stroke or dropping dead at this point of high bp if I'm wrong. It is not worth what I go through so my bp is only a few points lower when taken under the circumstances that invalidate the measurement anyways. Different docs go from "this will kill you" to this is slighlty above where we like it to be, and it may just be a bad reading. The usable data doesn't even support high BP.

I've had to pay money out of pocket for things I'm normally covered for just so I'm not seen by a health provider that values me less than a cockroach. And even then, I get treated in a way that is immoral and should be illegal if it already isn't. I've had to make "do not contact" requests, I have been in situations where my life was endangered but they fail to act appropriately. Another issue is that I continue to get treated in ways I should not be, because things that should be in my medical record are not.

I have to hope that this med has not caused physiological changes, where I will suddenly develop high blood pressure for real, whereas I would not have it if I had never been on it. This exact scenario of being on a med I should never have been on in the first place creating a problem I've never had in my life before has happened before.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

f**king hate people today. Feeling like Bill Pardy right now.

j0nesy

j0nesy

i have those moments every day hicks haha

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So yea... I got burned bad.

Not in a physical way but rather in a $380CAD way. No returns or refunds either.

A rare collectible I bought was said to be in good condition but well the seller wasn't being honest and it has damage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed