What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 599,150 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I'm sure you'll feel better soon Voodoo ! And is there a vaccine that doesn't make you feel lousy at any point ? Genuine question.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Well my last shot was over a month ago, but thanks buddy  :) , and yeah, you're right, it seems the three vaccines here in the US all have a chance of making you feel lousy to varied degrees - and seems to be dependent on the human taking it.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

If it was over a month ago then it's hard to say, because usually when talking about the vaccine with others I compare it to when I had to be vaccinated for rabies in college as a mandatory requirement, it took 3-4 shots and had a chance to make you feel lousy for a while but not like a month long.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I f**ked up I let my anger get the better of me.

Master Chief

Master Chief

I hope it didn't lead to an impulsive action.  :(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

The realization that Vancouver Washington (PNW) is becoming an unlivable place to be. 3 months out of the year, the weather goes in and out of death valley temps. For several days to several weeks (sometimes in one long stint) the air due to the multi state wide forrest fires kills the air quality and almost all visibility. You can smell it inside, so yay for black lungs and cancer. Over 25% of the time now if you can be some other place, you should be. The way it is going, that may turn to 50% of the time. People are regretting having property here now.

In the 90s, we got 2 to 3 times as much rain, and it was awesome. The population since that decade (I was also here at that time) has at least quadrupled. It was a quiet, semi rural location with decent weather. It is now stinking everywhere with car exhaust, apartments and urban type scenery, massive amounts of storage unit complexes, senior living buildings. Go for a walk and there are obnoxious screaming and peace disturbing types all over, sometimes people in their vehicles with loud mufflers gun their engine the instant they are closest to you driving by, or they shout inappropriate things at you. There was a drug house raided by the police two houses over, and another directly across the street from my old middle school got raided. Hypodermic needles are on the side walks where 11 years walk around. My home street turned in to a speedway--40mph is the limit, and everyday people do 60 mph on it, but still very often you get people doing 80-120mph on it, which is absurd. People strap bright ass lights on their houses that keeps it from ever getting naturally dark outside, people shoot guns, p.o.s. tuner cars with exhaust detonation making cracking sounds, local neighborhood trees everywhere getting cut down. Escaped mental patients, etc. What isn't affected by the ever increasing levels of clown activity is swept away in the heatwaves. 60 plus year old trees go all brown, and smaller ones that never needed watering now do, wild weeds and blackberry bushes that grow everywhere and always defied the driest part of the year are now turning into crinkled corpses, and plant crops bred for growing in this region need higher levels of care or may not be worth caring for at all.

We are 50 miles from where the nearest desert begins, but that may not matter now.

SiL

SiL

3-day COVID lockdown.

19 year old clerical worker at a hospital was symptomatic for 10 days before getting tested. Went to work -- at a cardiac hospital -- and travelled for a holiday. Fantastic.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 28, 2021, 11:58:38 PM
The realization that Vancouver Washington (PNW) is becoming an unlivable place to be. 3 months out of the year, the weather goes in and out of death valley temps. For several days to several weeks (sometimes in one long stint) the air due to the multi state wide forrest fires kills the air quality and almost all visibility. You can smell it inside, so yay for black lungs and cancer. Over 25% of the time now if you can be some other place, you should be. The way it is going, that may turn to 50% of the time. People are regretting having property here now.

In the 90s, we got 2 to 3 times as much rain, and it was awesome. The population since that decade (I was also here at that time) has at least quadrupled. It was a quiet, semi rural location with decent weather. It is now stinking everywhere with car exhaust, apartments and urban type scenery, massive amounts of storage unit complexes, senior living buildings. Go for a walk and there are obnoxious screaming and peace disturbing types all over, sometimes people in their vehicles with loud mufflers gun their engine the instant they are closest to you driving by, or they shout inappropriate things at you. There was a drug house raided by the police two houses over, and another directly across the street from my old middle school got raided. Hypodermic needles are on the side walks where 11 years walk around. My home street turned in to a speedway--40mph is the limit, and everyday people do 60 mph on it, but still very often you get people doing 80-120mph on it, which is absurd. People strap bright ass lights on their houses that keeps it from ever getting naturally dark outside, people shoot guns, p.o.s. tuner cars with exhaust detonation making cracking sounds, local neighborhood trees everywhere getting cut down. Escaped mental patients, etc. What isn't affected by the ever increasing levels of clown activity is swept away in the heatwaves. 60 plus year old trees go all brown, and smaller ones that never needed watering now do, wild weeds and blackberry bushes that grow everywhere and always defied the driest part of the year are now turning into crinkled corpses, and plant crops bred for growing in this region need higher levels of care or may not be worth caring for at all.

We are 50 miles from where the nearest desert begins, but that may not matter now.
:o

Quote from: SiL on Jun 29, 2021, 05:56:29 AM
3-day COVID lockdown.

19 year old clerical worker at a hospital was symptomatic for 10 days before getting tested. Went to work -- at a cardiac hospital -- and travelled for a holiday. Fantastic.
Which virus movies start like this?  That's right, all of them. Ugh, it's like this person did it on purpose. 🤦‍♂️

Xeno Killer 2179

I am experiencing a rare side effect (less than .1%) of a medication that is causing noticeable hair loss. Previously, I had incredibly thick hair, but it is thin everywhere now and disappearing in two spots. I was ravaged by another class of meds that I was erroneously put on and probably the reason I am on this medication in the first place, which I was told in no uncertain terms I'd be dead without. Everyday I undergo hours of malaise and nausea, and almost every time I sleep, I experience nervousness due to the bizarre dreams it causes me to have. In the tiny pockets of feeling ok, I'm struck with the thought of how much permanent damage and alteration of my body I have incurred from unnecessary medical intervention and maddeningly small butterfly-effect series of events that came to pass, and the very ordinary things that will never be possible for me.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm not a fan of biggish cities, so I feel your pain xeno.

I lived in Lexington, KY for about a year and that was WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE for me to ever want to be around. 

I don't mind journeying to them for the amenities, but I prefer cities (or towns) that border between 30,000-50,000 peoples.  I currently live close to Clarksville, TN and that is quickly becoming a town with too many people. 

I just don't like being right up on people all the time.  I find myself almost always eyeballing the low population states of the US, especially the western ones because of the lack of people, but always talk myself out of it because of the expense of living in those places. 

Immortan Jonesy

That, and the side effects of the drugs he takes. I hope you can feel better soon xeno.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I was once in some tiny little town in Montana one summer. Hot, and nothing to do. Genuinely felt bad for the people that lived there, since visiting that place could make you question if interesting things are illegal there.

Seaside, Oregon is pretty pleasant, though. Northern Washington, northern Idaho, Alaska, too. Money is the sole obstacle.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 01, 2021, 02:18:03 AM
That, and the side effects of the drugs he takes. I hope you can feel better soon xeno.
Thanks. I do not see any easy/quick steps to take to improve my quality of life. Some things don't take money but are still hard to implement, depending on circumstances.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I about talked myself I to moving to Idaho, but it was more toward the suburbs of Boise.

I know my current job ends next Feb so we will see.  Washington had my interest for a little while but every city seems to have low violent crime but ridiculous amounts of property crime.

Xeno Killer 2179

Theft in Washington is rampant. What is not secured to anything can be expected to be carried off almost immediately. Vandalism is bad too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed