What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 599,093 times)

j0nesy

j0nesy

which part of the industry are you in?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 31, 2020, 07:41:19 AM
I am so god damn tired. We stayed up pretty late doing an Alien RPG session. 3 hours past my bedtime! Shattered this morning.

Predator Hunting Grounds has been doing that to me a few times per week!

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 31, 2020, 06:16:04 PM
which part of the industry are you in?

I work at a credit union, things have gotten tricky since we closed our lobby because of the increase in COVID cases.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 31, 2020, 06:47:25 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 31, 2020, 07:41:19 AM
I am so god damn tired. We stayed up pretty late doing an Alien RPG session. 3 hours past my bedtime! Shattered this morning.

Predator Hunting Grounds has been doing that to me a few times per week!

https://i.gifer.com/origin/5d/5d16b58e3b3b9f52941b03ed10d4561b_w200.gif

I need to finally play that game online, it got put on the back burner for me after it released. 

j0nesy

j0nesy

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 31, 2020, 07:00:51 PM
I work at a credit union, things have gotten tricky since we closed our lobby because of the increase in COVID cases.

did your location close for a period of time? i guess that's a tricky field in terms of being able to work from home. what state are you in? people are doing stupid things (as always) here in atlanta

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 31, 2020, 07:50:30 PM

did your location close for a period of time? i guess that's a tricky field in terms of being able to work from home. what state are you in? people are doing stupid things (as always) here in atlanta

We've actually remained opened throughout all of this, but we've had reduced hours for the last 3 or 4 months.
I live in Central Florida and since we became a hotspot again the company decided to not mess around and have us close the lobby to work "curbside". Since our branch doesn't have a drive through, that means no cash handling except for at the ATM or another branch with a drive through.
Some employees get to do telework at home or in the branch but it honestly sounds slightly more miserable as they barely get a 5 second break between calls.  :laugh:

Same here, plenty of people doing and saying stupid things! What part of the industry do you work?

j0nesy

j0nesy

yeah, that does sound kinda miserable :laugh: hopefully florida, and everywhere else in the states, can get their shit together

i work for a software company called calendly, doing email support and making content; i've been remote since march, and they recently announced we'll be remote indefinitely haha

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I need to finally play that game online, it got put on the back burner for me after it released.

You should! It's a lot of fun, especially when we get some AvPGalaxy dwellers together!

Nightmare Asylum

Netflix is letting people watch things faster or slower with new playback speed controls

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/7/31/21348693/netflix-playback-speed-slow-fast-mobile-android-web-tv-streaming

Wow I hate this. :-X

BlazinBlueReview

Starting to look for a different vehicle. Pain in the....

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: BlazinBlue88 on Aug 03, 2020, 08:22:21 PM
Starting to look for a different vehicle. Pain in the....

Agrees I would pay someone to shop for one for me.

Good luck with your search.

I lucked out the last time. My mechanic called me said one of his other customers was moving up. He knew the vehicles history said it was perfect for me. Still driving it.

PredBabe

PredBabe

^Thats one headache I'm glad I don't have right now as well. Good luck with the search, BlazinBlue!

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 01, 2020, 12:55:01 PM

You should! It's a lot of fun, especially when we get some AvPGalaxy dwellers together!

I can imagine!   :laugh:

The add-ons sound awesome as well so hopefully this week I'll get around to playing.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Just finding myself going in circles over and over, pushing away any friends who have ever cared about me, with no chance to make things right. Eternally crippled by physical self loathing. Tonight I was standing on the chair with cable tied up to the ceiling. I don't know why I didn't do it at this point maybe I'm just an attention seeker, but one thing's for sure, every day I feel like this I get one step closer to kicking that chair out from under me.

Nightmare Asylum

Love you Lucy. <3 PMs are always opened.

SM

SM

Sorry you're having a shitty time.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 09, 2020, 01:09:50 AM
Just finding myself going in circles over and over, pushing away any friends who have ever cared about me, with no chance to make things right. Eternally crippled by physical self loathing. Tonight I was standing on the chair with cable tied up to the ceiling. I don't know why I didn't do it at this point maybe I'm just an attention seeker, but one thing's for sure, every day I feel like this I get one step closer to kicking that chair out from under me.

Sorry to hear this...  :(

You'd be surprised how forgiving some people could be though. It may not go back to how it used to be but, if they were truly good friends, they would care if you reached out.

Quote from: j0nesy on Aug 01, 2020, 12:10:36 AM
yeah, that does sound kinda miserable :laugh: hopefully florida, and everywhere else in the states, can get their shit together

i work for a software company called calendly, doing email support and making content; i've been remote since march, and they recently announced we'll be remote indefinitely haha
Sorry, I meant to reply to this in my other post.

Here's hoping we get it together soon. But that's great that you get to work remotely throughout all of this. Little less stressful I'd imagine.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed