What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 596,087 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I am just so tired today I'm struggling to give a f**k about anything. That deep level of tired. I slept through all the Mrs' alarms too.

The Old One

The Old One

I know that feeling.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2020, 08:39:31 AM
I am just so tired today I'm struggling to give a f**k about anything. That deep level of tired. I slept through all the Mrs' alarms too.

Very sorry you're tired brother, but damn I wish I could sleep that deeply!  I can't even fathom that!

The Old One

The Old One

I do, often enough. I don't wish it on anyone.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 28, 2020, 02:16:10 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2020, 08:39:31 AM

Very sorry you're tired brother, but damn I wish I could sleep that deeply!  I can't even fathom that!

I very rarely do. It was that bad.

Proper embarrassed myself yesterday. We had a power-down yesterday and the manager decided he wasn't coming in so it was mostly left to me on site. The radios dropped off way earlier than we thought they would, but I'd kept some charged UPS' in case of anything. I went and swapped it round, run the bosses to say I'd sorted it. They're asking how I got it back up, and I just said "I had the foresight to keep some spare UPS' around in case of anything." As I was tooting my own horn - which I rarely do at work - the whole thing died again, because the radio drained the batteries in like 5 minutes, rather than the hour I was expecting. Managed to get it back up for another few hours, but they called me foresight all morning.  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

"Don't call me that."

Huggs

Huggs

About a month ago, some things started changing. I knew something was wrong, and it hasn't gotten better. What I've learned so far, hasn't been great. But I can manage, if it stops there. Other things are still uncertain. I should know for sure once I have some more tests done.

I've been in hell, for 30 days. There's no point in pretending anymore. My family is with me, and all we can do now is wait. Maybe it'll work out. I don't know. You all know how much I love and respect you, and this place. Many of you are good friends, and some are like family. So if you would, please pray for me, and God and I will do the rest.

I love you all, very much.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Damn, I'm really sorry to hear this... I hope everything will be alright! :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh man, Huggs. I'm so sorry to hear that. Hoping everything works out and it improves!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Really Hope everything turns out okay Huggs  :(

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I had an inkling something was wrong Huggsy. I'll definitely say a prayer. Right now.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 30, 2020, 01:16:17 PM
I had an inkling something was wrong Huggsy.

He said he was going to watch The Predator six more times?  ;D

Sorry. Hope things go okay, Huggs.

Huggs

Huggs

Thanks everybody.

I should know pretty soon if it's leukemia. I just want this to be over.

The Old One

The Old One

I hope not, you deserve peace.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

That's rough news Huggs. My thoughts and prayers are with you. An alkaline diet doesn't hurt either if you can manage. Stay strong.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed