What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 599,264 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Stroobadjoobie?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 21, 2019, 02:23:54 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 21, 2019, 04:01:15 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 21, 2019, 02:33:14 AM
Geez David.

Prove me wrong  ;D

https://pics.me.me/id-like-to-share-a-revelation-that-ive-had-during-13929958.png

You humanphobic!

Hate of one's self, gender, race, and species is a popular political ideology at the moment. It's hilarious and unnatural, and won't last forever.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Got an email today from World of Books telling me the CD I ordered from them via eBay the other day has been damaged in storage and so they can't send it to me. This is the third time they've done this, and I'm pretty sure I've only ever ordered from them five or six times total. Where the f*ck do they keep their stock, underneath a running tap? It wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact every time it's been something rare that I'll struggle to find anywhere else.

Useless c*nts.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2019, 08:35:40 AM
Got an email today from World of Books telling me the CD I ordered from them via eBay the other day has been damaged in storage and so they can't send it to me. This is the third time they've done this, and I'm pretty sure I've only ever ordered from them five or six times total. Where the f*ck do they keep their stock, underneath a running tap? It wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact every time it's been something rare that I'll struggle to find anywhere else.

Useless c*nts.

Yet I've never had an issue with them. Its pot luck with these companies i guess

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Sure.

What's really grinding my shit is the fact that this has happened three out of six times I've ordered stuff from them. A 50% hit rate really isn't acceptable.

Moreover, the previous two instances were books, which I get can be easily damaged in storage. This is a CD. I feel like you'd have to go out of your way to damage a disc in a case while its sitting in a box on a shelf somewhere.

Currently having an email row with them ;D

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2019, 02:27:13 PM

What's really grinding my shit is the fact that this has happened three out of six times I've ordered stuff from them. A 50% hit rate really isn't acceptable.

Moreover, the previous two instances were books, which I get can be easily damaged in storage. This is a CD. I feel like you'd have to go out of your way to damage a disc in a case while its sitting in a box on a shelf somewhere.

Sounds fishy to me. :-\ Most of these mega sellers have their items cross listed so its roulette when multiple orders come in for a single "scarce" title. I have never received the item damaged message. Either missing or sold not removed from listing. If you were  in the U.S. I could recommend sellers that are for the most part reliable. Though with a rare / scarce item there isn't an option. :P

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 25, 2019, 05:36:01 PM
I finally figured out the antisocial personality.

It is Sociopathy, in particular, A grade Sociopathy, otherwise it's High functioning Psychopathy.
_ ___
And...and...a healthy person can handle being told that they are not, and that they are.

I can handle the norms and extremes of either. You could drop me in the middle of 1,000 people, and I'd just come out of it with 999 new friends. At the same time, I could go live alone in the mountains for 10 - 20 years at a time, and be just fine. And I'm talking total and complete isolation.

My toe hurts!

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2019, 02:27:13 PM
Sure.

Why keep ordering stuff from them?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Because the last time was several years ago and wasn't exactly fresh in my memory as a result. Plus with eBay I confess to not always checking who the stuff is actually coming from, especially when it's a rare item and there's only one available on there. eBay's guarantees cover you against rogues, so I'm usually more interested in the condition, description and price.

Needless to say after this I will be making a concerted effort to avoid them in the future.

Anyway, the emails are at least giving me a laugh. I complained and asked why so much of their stock is damaged, and their response was, "Of course, we would be more than happy to refund you for the order," which is answering a query I never even made. So I sent them one back saying I didn't ask for my money back, I asked for an explanation (although obviously I do want a refund). Now they're ignoring me :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

They are probably huddled in a corner sacred of reading your emails

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2019, 08:35:40 AM

Useless c*nts.

That means they either don't have it in stock (and haven't updated their online database) or they have it in stock, but realised they can get much more money than the price they are selling it for. 'Damaged in storage' is 99% of the time a big fat lie.

The Old One

The Old One

Family member in Hospital for three weeks running as of today.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 26, 2019, 10:58:58 PM
Family member in Hospital for three weeks running as of today.

I'm very sorry to hear it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed