What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 599,020 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 30, 2019, 06:10:43 AM
"Last week my fanclub broke up... The guy died."

-Rodney Dangerfield

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 30, 2019, 02:22:24 AM
Just received word that the boss is finally leaving. Not much love lost there, but there are some other essential personnel who are going to follow boss out the door. Not good, not good.

I just realized who some of those other people are. An actual tear just rolled down my face.

Better than a fictional or delusional tear, no?

No, no idea what's going on but take care.

The boss is leaving because the company is in a mess, and they're sick of dealing with it. I can relate. We're the #1 crew in the entire company, and we've been making wine out of water while salaries were slashed, raises were eliminated, and hours were cut. Others have said they're leaving when the boss leaves, and they mean it. So we're about to be grossly understaffed, and God knows who the morons up top are going to send our way.

I've had some real sh*tty jobs and worked for some serious a**holes. I never expected to find a family at this job, which is exactly what we are. I guess those of us who are left will try to keep things on the road for as long as we can, but I expect we'll all be leaving within the next 6-12 months. From what I can figure, life and necessity will be separating most of us.

I guess over the years, this job became like a rock for me. No matter how sh*tty things were, there was always the warmth and camaraderie/friendship I could expect at work. Now I have to watch my friends sail away, and ready my own sails again too. It's strange in many ways, exciting in some, but sad in most.

TheSailingRabbit

Guess what time it is? It's quarter to three in the morning!

Huggs

Huggs

1:50 here. I gotta go to sleep. Thank goodness I go in late tomorrow.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 30, 2019, 07:47:59 AM
1:50 here. I gotta go to sleep. Thank goodness I go in late tomorrow.

I can't sleep, that's why I'm here.

How is it that I can be one of the highest ranking players for my high school trivia team, graduate with a pretty good average, and go to the National Geography Bowl three times, but not be able to figure out that I missed a number in the Wi-Fi password?

Huggs

Huggs

Well, it all imploded today.

No sooner had my boss announced they were leaving in two weeks, then half of management walked. We lost 2 regular employees today besides them, and another 4 announced their intention to leave within the month. Corporate has slashed our hours by half, and I'm now being forced onto the night shift.

Looks like I'll have to put in my notice next week and find a new job. I just lost my livelihood.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 31, 2019, 02:25:39 AM
Well, it all imploded today.

No sooner had my boss announced they were leaving in two weeks, then half of management walked. We lost 2 regular employees today besides them, and another 4 announced their intention to leave within the month. Corporate has slashed our hours by half, and I'm now being forced onto the night shift.

Looks like I'll have to put in my notice next week and find a new job. I just lost my livelihood.

I feel like "sorry" isn't good enough, nor do I know what else to say.

Huggs

Huggs

Wrapping my head around giving my 2 weeks notice at work tomorrow. It feels so strange to be leaving. This is the longest I've ever been with any employer. I have a plan, but the future still seems so uncertain for some reason. One thing "is" for certain though, there is no future at our organization anymore.

Many of us were in for the long haul, and now it's just over. It's so strange not seeing the others there, and to know my time there is coming to an end. I just feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I wouldn't change anything though. The sun is setting on a wonderful chapter of my life. It's difficult to believe it's really happening, but change is (afterall) the only constant in life, and the sun will rise again.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 03, 2019, 09:54:41 PM
Wrapping my head around giving my 2 weeks notice at work tomorrow. It feels so strange to be leaving. This is the longest I've ever been with any employer. I have a plan, but the future still seems so uncertain for some reason. One thing "is" for certain though, there is no future at our organization anymore.

Many of us were in for the long haul, and now it's just over. It's so strange not seeing the others there, and to know my time there is coming to an end. I just feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I wouldn't change anything though. The sun is setting on a wonderful chapter of my life. It's difficult to believe it's really happening, but change is (afterall) the only constant in life, and the sun will rise again.

All the best mate. I've been in your situation before and whilst it was a bit of a wilderness initially I found something even better recently. Good luck.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Prez on Feb 04, 2019, 01:16:25 AM
All the best mate. I've been in your situation before and whilst it was a bit of a wilderness initially I found something even better recently. Good luck.

Thanks man.

The thing that ticks me off the most is that this was a good day-job close to home. After investing 6 years, starting over just feels crazy. I'm just really stressed out.

The Old One

The Old One

Titanfall Franchise cancelled, replaced by Fortnite clone.

Prez

Prez

Liverpool 1 West Ham 1  :-\

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Fopp in Oxford (The only music store in the centre) and The HMV in Cribbs Causeway Bristol have closed

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 05, 2019, 02:30:30 PM
The Fopp in Oxford (The only music store in the centre) and The HMV in Cribbs Causeway Bristol have closed

I miss some of the old record stores we used to have here in my hometown of Adelaide in Australia. There are still a couple left but it's just the big franchise chain stores mostly and they rarely stock the more rare tastes I am looking for.

We used to have a store named Verandah music when I was in high school and it was pretty much all things metal, alternative music. We'd hang out there for hours pouring through all the records and talking with the owner who was such a cool dude.

I get that you can obtain most of this music online and digitally but nothing beats those days of holding and reading the liner notes, admiring the fantastic (or crappy) artwork whilst listening with your headphones on.

Yes, I'm showing my age.

SM

SM

I remember an awesome record shop in Adelaide - I think it was on North Terrace.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on Feb 06, 2019, 12:09:39 AM
I remember an awesome record shop in Adelaide - I think it was on North Terrace.

Probably Verandah Music the one I mentioned. Was originally in the old Renaissance Arcade and then moved down Rundle Street.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed