What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 599,016 times)

Huggs

Huggs

10 seconds under the blanket and I'm covered in greeblies!

Where do they come from? I look like a cottonball advertisement!

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 24, 2019, 01:02:06 AM
10 seconds under the blanket and I'm covered in greeblies!

Where do they come from? I look like a cottonball advertisement!

Blame the cat.

Prez

Prez

The absolutely hellish, hottest day on record here in Adelaide, Australia today. A ridiculous 46.6 degrees celsius (that's a dry heat too - zero humidity). Mind you up north in our state it hit 48 degrees in some regional towns.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Prez on Jan 24, 2019, 09:10:13 AM
The absolutely hellish, hottest day on record here in Adelaide, Australia today. A ridiculous 46.6 degrees celsius (that's a dry heat too - zero humidity). Mind you up north in our state it hit 48 degrees in some regional towns.

Can we trade? I can't stand the cold.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Reading the first issue of Aliens Resistance lol Ok it hasn't made me unhappy per se, but it was a disappointment despite my low expectations.
Spoiler
People just keep making the company into comicbook villians, with the mustache twirling and extreme evilness. It just get old, it was stupid it when it was first down, now its stupid and old.
[close]

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 24, 2019, 11:34:54 AM
Reading the first issue of Aliens Resistance lol Ok it hasn't made me unhappy per se, but it was a disappointment despite my low expectations.
Spoiler
People just keep making the company into comicbook villians, with the mustache twirling and extreme evilness. It just get old, it was stupid it was first down, now its stupid and old.
[close]

Spoiler
No one's trying any different ideas? I hate to be that person, but I'm not surprised. Pretty sure someone's gonna come here and argue they're meant to be that way because of some philosophical bullshit, but that doesn't excuse a lazily written villain.
[close]

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 24, 2019, 11:43:45 AM
Spoiler
People just keep making the company into comicbook villians, with the mustache twirling and extreme evilness. It just get old, it was stupid it was first down, now its stupid and old.
[close]

Spoiler
No one's trying any different ideas? I hate to be that person, but I'm not surprised. Pretty sure someone's gonna come here and argue they're meant to be that way because of some philosophical bullshit, but that doesn't excuse a lazily written villain.
[close]

Spoiler
Indeed, the company in the first few films was ambigious, negligent at worse by leaving orders for an android to interprete, in the second you got Burke but he was acting on his own, the third film has them offer Ripley surgery to save her life, whether or not they are lying is ambiguous but its enough that you could consider they are being truthful, they also spared Morse despite Ripley believing they would kill everyone. Then you got games, novels and comics which turns them into megolomaniacs supervillains that would be right at home in a superhero movie. I am just getting sick of it.
[close]

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 24, 2019, 11:51:15 AM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 24, 2019, 11:43:45 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Indeed, the company in the first few films was ambigious, negligent at worse by leaving orders for an android to interprete, in the second you got Burke but he was acting on his own, the third film has them offer Ripley surgery to save her life, whether or not they are lying is ambiguous but its enough that you could consider they are being truthful, they also spared Morse despite Ripley believing they would kill everyone. Then you got games, novels and comics which turns them into megolomaniacs supervillains that would be right at home in a superhero movie. I am just getting sick of it.
[close]

Spoiler
Even in Isolation, they weren't focused on all that much. Taylor was a minor character, but she wasn't evil.

I think there's a ton of stuff the universe could explore. It's just not being explored.
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I Pledged to this campaign and to find out that the problem is across the board hitting many Artists on PledgeMusic sickens me. I cant believe that Pledge music arent giving many acts the money

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Jan 24, 2019, 09:10:13 AMThe absolutely hellish, hottest day on record here in Adelaide, Australia today. A ridiculous 46.6 degrees celsius (that's a dry heat too - zero humidity).

Small mercies - better for it to be dry than humid. When I was in Arizona about a decade ago it hit 40, but it was so dry you could just sweat a lot of the heat off. When I was a child we went to Portugal and it got close to 40, but it was like 70% humidity, and it was simply unbearable.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I think I crashed, and I crashed hard. Ten minutes ago, I was writing and using my phone when I felt like a weight landed on my head. My face is kinda warm and I feel really tired. For some reason, I can't concentrate on anything, but I want to do multiple things at one time. I also feel like crying, even though absolutely nothing has happened that would make me that upset.

Update: Never mind. Ibuprofen works miracles.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh man that sounds horrendous! Glad to hear you're feeling better now, though.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 24, 2019, 04:05:51 PM
Quote from: Prez on Jan 24, 2019, 09:10:13 AMThe absolutely hellish, hottest day on record here in Adelaide, Australia today. A ridiculous 46.6 degrees celsius (that's a dry heat too - zero humidity).

Small mercies - better for it to be dry than humid. When I was in Arizona about a decade ago it hit 40, but it was so dry you could just sweat a lot of the heat off. When I was a child we went to Portugal and it got close to 40, but it was like 70% humidity, and it was simply unbearable.

Ya see I actually prefer humid heat ... with dry heat I find the heat absolutely deadly.

windebieste

windebieste

We got your 44C weather in Melbourne today.   

Thank you very much.  You can have it back now.

-Windebieste.

SiL

SiL

I have fingers crossed those temperatures don't hit us. I remember the last time we hit 40. No thanks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed