What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 596,045 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Was about to leave for work a couple of hours ago, and the boss texted me while I was walking out the door. They asked me not to come into work for a few more hours. Normally that would be a good thing, but I'm losing 3 hours pay, I've got less time to get my work finished today and I got up early for nothing. I could've freakin' slept in.

TheSailingRabbit

I just got a message saying that the contract I have to work on a children's novel based around Fortnite has to be terminated. The guy said that a lot of people he's working with are receiving copyright infringement notices, and doesn't want this happening to this project.

This sucks. I'm well-aware other Fortnite books have already been published, and they're honest-to-God crap. I skimmed through a couple in the store over the weekend, and I was amazed at how lazy and unoriginal they were.

Huggs

Huggs

New employees acting like freakin' children. Two different spots on the chain of command and both standing up there in front of God and country throwing f-bombs at each other and acting out. I stepped in and changed the subject. I hope they both get an a** chewing and then fired. That crap was beyond ridiculous.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 03, 2019, 06:48:01 PM
I just got a message saying that the contract I have to work on a children's novel based around Fortnite has to be terminated. The guy said that a lot of people he's working with are receiving copyright infringement notices, and doesn't want this happening to this project.

This sucks. I'm well-aware other Fortnite books have already been published, and they're honest-to-God crap. I skimmed through a couple in the store over the weekend, and I was amazed at how lazy and unoriginal they were.

That really does suck. They could have at least put it on hold until he got things possibly sorted. The only good thing about it i suppose it that you could take some of the ideas you may have had an turn them into an original story

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 04, 2019, 05:24:06 AM
New employees acting like freakin' children. Two different spots on the chain of command and both standing up there in front of God and country throwing f-bombs at each other and acting out. I stepped in and changed the subject. I hope they both get an a** chewing and then fired. That crap was beyond ridiculous.

You'd be surprised how often that happens in certain lines of work

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 04, 2019, 11:45:17 AM

That really does suck. They could have at least put it on hold until he got things possibly sorted. The only good thing about it i suppose it that you could take some of the ideas you may have had an turn them into an original story.

Things could change, which is why I'm not deleting the manuscript. I've already got an original story underway that I put on hold when I got the Fortnite job. Will be a good idea to pick it up again.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 04, 2019, 12:13:02 PM

That really does suck. They could have at least put it on hold until he got things possibly sorted. The only good thing about it i suppose it that you could take some of the ideas you may have had an turn them into an original story.

Things could change, which is why I'm not deleting the manuscript. I've already got an original story underway that I put on hold when I got the Fortnite job. Will be a good idea to pick it up again.

Thats good. Least you had something on the backburner

Huggs

Huggs

You'd be surprised how often that happens in certain lines of work

Oh, believe me, I know. It's thankfully not as common at this job as it used to be. But it still ticks me off when adults act that way in a place of business. I mean seriously, this is work, nobody else wants to be here either. Act like a grown man and a professional, or go the f*ck home.

I'm getting sick. I can feel it in my lungs. I've gotta hurry and get everything that needs doin' done, before this sets in.

Damn, this is coming on fast.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 05, 2019, 05:39:55 PM
I'm getting sick. I can feel it in my lungs. I've gotta hurry and get everything that needs doin' done, before this sets in.

Do you need anything?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 06, 2019, 01:51:01 AM

Do you anything?

As often as possible.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 06, 2019, 01:58:51 AM

Do you anything?

As often as possible.

The agony of the typo. I'm gonna go hit my head on the wall.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 06, 2019, 02:00:41 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jan 06, 2019, 01:58:51 AM

Do you anything?

As often as possible.

The agony of the typo. I'm gonna go hit my head on the wall.

You okay? I hope you didn't bonk your head.

Do you need anything?

I'm doing fine Rabbit. I've got some medicine in me and I'm feeling better. Thanks for asking.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

The flu. Ugh hoping it's just a 24 hr thing. :(

TheSailingRabbit

So I broke one of my grandmother's Christmas tree ornaments today. It was an accident, but I feel really guilty over it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 06, 2019, 05:35:23 PM
So I broke one of my grandmother's Christmas tree ornaments today. It was an accident, but I feel really guilty over it.

Get rid of it quickly, and say nothing to no-one.

Deny, deny, deny.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 06, 2019, 05:38:50 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 06, 2019, 05:35:23 PM

Get rid of it quickly, and say nothing to no-one.

Deny, deny, deny.

Does she have a cat or dog? Any child aged relatives in the house at the same time?

They would be perfect scapegoats.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed