What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 599,033 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Think my USB drive has been knackered now. Having a Disk is Protected issue that I can't resolve. Not having much luck with technology this week.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Mar 22, 2018, 09:12:47 PM
So sorry to hear man. That is depressing news.
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 23, 2018, 12:09:57 PM
Sorry to hear that dude

Thanks for the kind words, it has been a bit of a struggle.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Mar 06, 2018, 12:31:24 PM
PSA has in their possession my parcel order for three weeks now and still have not officially received it yet to get the grading process started.

http://i.imgur.com/QNYeTqv.png
Update: They finally accepted it on March 22nd, now the 65 Business days begin...

Huggs

Huggs

Due to a recent string of burglaries in my area over the last month, I thought it would be a good idea to have a small inventory of my belongings as well as serial numbers and digital copies of important paperwork and information, for personal identification and proof of ownership purposes. I even had account names and passwords written down (my avpgalaxy account was NOT included on that list) should my family need that information in the event of my passing. As someone with a passion for writing, I also had several scripts I was working on stored on that drive. Those were the only copies. I stored all that crap on a usb stick. In all that time I have never failed to lock it in the office once I arrived at work. Unfortunately, since I've been working like a dog, I forgot to do that yesterday.

I've searched my workplace, the parking lot, and my house and car top to bottom and seam to seam. I've found nothing. I'm hoping it didn't fall off my person and get stolen. I'm in full blown panic mode. I was planning on getting a safe deposit box for it this coming week, as I'll finally have a day off during the workweek. I should've known old man murphy would show up. God willing, I'll still be able to find it. I can't even begin to remember everything that was on it. Some of that stuff was irreplaceable. Learn from my ignorance.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

After reading your post Huggs my gripe is nothing.

I hope you find it.  Best of luck!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It sucks losing data like that. I remember back in college when I used to actively write scripts and I lost my USB stick with a nearly complete script on it. I just didn't have the heart to re-write it. I hope you find it, mate.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Didn't sleep well at all last night.  :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Didn't go see A Quiet Place last night. The lass wasn't up for it.  :'(

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

So having returned to the comic shop I ordered Aliens: Dead Orbit from over two weeks ago for a third time, I discovered they still hadn't even bothered to pick it up from their supplier.

So much for trying to help out struggling comic shops by ordering from them instead of Amazon lol. Ah well, it's cheaper online anyway.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 11, 2018, 01:46:45 PM
So having returned to the comic shop I ordered Aliens: Dead Orbit from over two weeks ago for a third time, I discovered they still hadn't even bothered to pick it up from their supplier.

So much for trying to help out struggling comic shops by ordering from them instead of Amazon lol. Ah well, it's cheaper online anyway.

Now if you'd been to My comic shop, they would have ordered it straight away and let you know when it arrived

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

As in one where you work?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The whole debacle going on with Channel Awesome and #ChangeTheChannel just got a whole lot more f**ked up and sad.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 12, 2018, 01:04:27 PM
As in one where you work?

Nah, although I'd love to work there.

I mean my local one. They are spot on with their ordering and if there are any problems they'll let you know

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I have gall stones in my bile duct and they hurt like hell.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 13, 2018, 11:34:22 AM
I have gall stones in my bile duct and they hurt like hell.
Both my parents had that problem. If I remember correctly they ended up requiring surgery. Hope you're gonna be okay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed