What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 599,144 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Does no-one know how to use a computer anymore?!

I think people need to take PC competency tests before they're employed.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

An upset stomach which has been bothering me all night.. Feel like I'm about to throw up but at the same time nothing's seem to want to come out.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 19, 2015, 08:47:46 AM
Does no-one know how to use a computer anymore?!

I think people need to take PC competency tests before they're employed.

"You're hired." ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sadly there are people like that...xD

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

My eyes are definitely deteriorating quite rapidly, so I guess glasses are 100% for sure in my imminent future. I actually like the way glasses look, but I'm worried about A) being able to afford them in the first place, and B) losing/breaking them constantly. 

SiL

SiL

Can't help you with the former, but for the latter: despite what movies tell us, they're surprisingly sturdy for something made out of thin metal and glass. Short of actually trying to break them, you'll generally be fine, and there are options for flexible frames that won't break if you accidentally sit or step on them.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

As for losing them, get in the habit of leaving them in the same place whenever you take them off.

SiL

SiL

Or put them down next to things you often need -- your wallet, for example.

If I don't want to forget anything before leaving on an early-morning flight for work I dump it all in one pile so I can't forget any of it. I need my phone, my wallet, my glasses, etc. so if they're all next to each other, I can't miss them.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I have glasses and have them on all day. When I have to sleep, I put them next to my bed -- nothing complex.

Glasses with a metal frame are very sturdy and resistant.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Reminded that being homeless sucks because I CAN'T have nice things like this.. because I would have no where to put it but mostly because I simply just CAN'T have nice things like... THIS!!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 21, 2015, 12:07:26 AM
I have glasses and have them on all day. When I have to sleep, I put them next to my bed -- nothing complex.

Same situation for me, though I use plastic frames. I've only ever had one pair of plastic-framed glasses break on me, but it was a long time since I had gotten them (long enough that I already had a newer pair and I was just using the pair that broke as a back up while reading before bed and whatnot).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I mistreat my glasses very much, so I don't trust myself in buying plastic frames at all. :P

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah, I have a f**king awful track record with sunglasses. Scratches, getting left behind in strange places... Hopefully if I actually need them to see I'll be more responsible.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 21, 2015, 12:07:26 AM

Same here. Only time I've ever damaged my glasses was when stumbling home wankered from the pub and they fell onto the pavement.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Now see, I do a lot of that, so...

My cat is now missing half his tail, courtesy of the dogs at the gang-affiliated house down the street.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed