What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 599,164 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 16, 2022, 09:40:26 AMBut what will you be rioting for? A return to lockdown so that petrol demand and prices can drop again?
I was being facetious tbf.

But Hicks is right, f**k the morons who went out panic buying when they didn't need to.

Same for all the dipshits who went out and bought up all the perishable food during lockdown even though it wouldn't keep more than a few days. Meanwhile nurses coming off shifts couldn't buy anything to eat.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 16, 2022, 09:44:18 AMSee previous comment about foolish panic buying before any of this that drove prices up and never dropped back down. I think it was September time last year. The prices wouldn't be as high currently if not for that.

That was due to a shortage of HGV drivers not supply though. Possibly due to Covid or Brexit. What compounded that was a second panic spree buying in February due to the war and sanctions. If it wasn't for that, the September spike should have dropped down by now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It was one or two specific chains of garages (and the pricey ones in the first place if I remember rightly) that were going to be effected. Cue nation-wide panic. The point is it shouldn't have happened in the first place, that spike didn't need to happen. It was nothing more than the usual headline reactions and people not reading the actual details and going out panic buying and the usual business owners raising the prices to take advantage of the stupidity.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 16, 2022, 08:19:35 AMFilled up my car the other day, and despite already having a third of a tank it cost me almost £60.

Not that long ago it would've cost me £40 to brim it from empty.

Yeah, I haven't filled my car up since May of last year. I could have done it in January when it was about £1.40. I thought, no, I'll wait until it goes down. How wrong I was. I'm going to have to do it in the next couple of months.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 16, 2022, 09:55:12 AMIt was one or two specific chains of garages (and the pricey ones in the first place if I remember rightly) that were going to be effected. Cue nation-wide panic. The point is it shouldn't have happened in the first place, that spike didn't need to happen. It was nothing more than the usual headline reactions and people not reading the actual details and going out panic buying and the usual business owners raising the prices to take advantage of the stupidity.

Fair enough. Just pointing out that rioting/protests won't really help in this case, fools will be fools, nothing one can do about that. But I guess you were just being facetious anyway.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I was.  :laugh:  Can't imagine I'd last long in the middle of a riot. I'm a delicate flower.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Blighty hasn't had a good riot since 2011.

@Kradan, do you have any good Molotov Cocktail recipes*?  ;D

*one that doesn't require petrol...  :-\

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Jun 16, 2022, 06:52:57 AMHow y'all doing with this inflation we're enjoying...

Cheese is $20 here. Like, not even the good cheese, the really basic bitch stuff.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 16, 2022, 08:51:51 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 16, 2022, 06:52:57 AMHow y'all doing with this inflation we're enjoying...

How are your in-laws doing? I've seen some really crazy inflation stories coming from Russia.
Before all the bullshit they sold their apartment and moved into a giant house with a large yard and are now getting very, very good at growing their own food.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 16, 2022, 09:40:26 AMBut what will you be rioting for? A return to lockdown so that petrol demand and prices can drop again? Demand that parliament make friends with Russia again in order to import Russian oil?
I'd settle for some kind of less preventing companies from jacking up fuel prices 40c/l overnight.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 16, 2022, 07:04:51 PM

Cheese is $20 here. Like, not even the good cheese, the really basic bitch stuff.
I'll trade you a $10 head of lettuce.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Jun 16, 2022, 09:46:41 PMI'll trade you a $10 head of lettuce.

Shit that's right, those storms f**ked all your lettuce. But like for like is probably better, would you settle for a $12 cauliflower?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SiL on Jun 16, 2022, 09:46:41 PM

How are your in-laws doing? I've seen some really crazy inflation stories coming from Russia.
Before all the bullshit they sold their apartment and moved into a giant house with a large yard and are now getting very, very good at growing their own food.

What do they make of the war? Do they know what's really going on and do they believe it?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 16, 2022, 09:49:12 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 16, 2022, 09:46:41 PMI'll trade you a $10 head of lettuce.

Shit that's right, those storms f**ked all your lettuce. But like for like is probably better, would you settle for a $12 cauliflower?

I myself noticed cauliflower going from like $2 to $8 CAD here.  :-\

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

TFW Blue can buy the lamb grown down the road from me cheaper than I can. Thanks capitalism!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 16, 2022, 10:57:07 PMTFW Blue can buy the lamb grown down the road from me cheaper than I can. Thanks capitalism!
We have that same issue with our natural gas. Only one state in the country made it so some has to be kept at cost price for local consumption, everyone else said it can all be sold internationally.

Next minute, energy crises all week.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 16, 2022, 10:15:11 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 16, 2022, 09:46:41 PM

What do they make of the war? Do they know what's really going on and do they believe it?
It's complicated.

[cancerblack]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed