Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,318 times)

Master

Master

Yep. Sacrificial chamber and hive is thesame palce. Thank you mr Anderson for this bull shit you proudly called AvP. :-\

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

The ten minute pyramid shift screwed it up. If we went by that, the people were only in the pyramid for about a half an hour.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Foundationman2 on Nov 13, 2007, 02:40:38 PM
The ten minute pyramid shift screwed it up. If we went by that, the people were only in the pyramid for about a half an hour.

And that my friend is one of the many problems that plague the film: things happen way to fast.

slipknotpredator

I cant believe most of you guys think this is "pretty cool"  :'(
The Alien life cycle was unique but now it is similar to other movies like "The Faculty", "Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday", and many more.

I dont care if its something cool to see, i so pissed about this...and sad, if they wanted to save money they could put more facehuggers inside the predators ship and thats it! you dont need eggs, you dont need a queen, and you dont need this pathetic reproduction method.

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

I'd say that they are just trying to correct the crap that Anderson started. Would you rather have him designing the Predalien's life or would you rather have the bros. do it?

slipknotpredator

I like the predalien idea (not the ADI design (that head SUCKS)) but the reproduction method is completly unnecessary and ruins the alien life cycle

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Nov 13, 2007, 03:08:49 PM
The Alien life cycle was unique but now it is similar to other movies like "The Faculty", "Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday", and many more.

I dont care if its something cool to see, i so pissed about this...and sad, if they wanted to save money they could put more facehuggers inside the predators ship and thats it! you dont need eggs, you dont need a queen, and you dont need this pathetic reproduction method.

Amen brothah'. Tell it like it is.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: Foundationman2 on Nov 13, 2007, 03:20:48 PM
I'd say that they are just trying to correct the crap that Anderson started. Would you rather have him designing the Predalien's life or would you rather have the bros. do it?

How are they fixing anything?

I don't see how the new reproduction method even addresses any of the problems raised by Anderson.

Anderson at least kept the stages of the life cycle in their proper order, albeit accelerated.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Nov 13, 2007, 03:08:49 PM

Correct and quite an understatement. The new reproduction method is a total clusterf**k of epic proportions.
A f**k you to Ridley Scott, James Cameron, David Fincher and even Pierre Jeneut(spelling could be of. lol)

Everyone after Ridley Scott all had the sense to put their own stamp on things without f**king up everything and going against what had been established regardless of things people might not have liked about their films.

So its not just a matter of saying "f**k you, paul anderson!". Even his subpar version of avp, at the very least adhered to the establlished life/reproductive cycle of the f**king aliens. (Albeit issues with  the gestation..etc.
)

megachu17

megachu17

is this thread still going?!? we're on what, 184 pages??

Major Alan Schaefer

page 185= Angry Rants

The Chibi Kiriyama

QuoteA f**k you to Ridley Scott, James Cameron, David Fincher and even Pierre Jeneut(spelling could be of. lol)

I'm glad on the last one. It was Jeunet and the geniuses at ADI who thought that the creatures should be organic and that they needed to mess around with the basics to "improve." At least we're getting some good with some crap, whereas every idea in Resurrection is appropriately covered in hues of urine and fecal matter.

SM

SM

The sound of predictability.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 14, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
QuoteA f**k you to Ridley Scott, James Cameron, David Fincher and even Pierre Jeneut(spelling could be of. lol)

I'm glad on the last one. It was Jeunet and the geniuses at ADI who thought that the creatures should be organic and that they needed to mess around with the basics to "improve." At least we're getting some good with some crap, whereas every idea in Resurrection is appropriately covered in hues of urine and fecal matter.

The newborn may have sucked, but it didn't break canon at all. It made sense in terms of the plot, it was a human/alien abomination that was supposed to look weird. Although I would agree that the directors of all three previous films were better than him, even though i don't think alien 3 is that much better than alien: resurrection. (anytime the alien ran on all fours, it was the rod puppet and looked awful, it was pre-cgi yet looks like the effects of a sci-fi channel original movie)

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 14, 2007, 01:03:58 AM
Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 14, 2007, 12:20:24 AM

The newborn may have sucked, but it didn't break canon at all. It made sense in terms of the plot, it was a human/alien abomination that was supposed to look weird. Although I would agree that the directors of all three previous films were better than him, even though i don't think alien 3 is that much better than alien: resurrection. (anytime the alien ran on all fours, it was the rod puppet and looked awful, it was pre-cgi yet looks like the effects of a sci-fi channel original movie)

I agree. I always thought the Alien 3 effects were awful especially in comparison with Aliens, you would have thought the effects would get better not worse. I hated Newborn too. I always thought that why would you make an Alien-human hybrid when Aliens themselves already take on the characteristics of their hosts. They are already somewhat hybrid creature. I also don't agree with calling the runner a hybrid and not the regular aliens because their is no difference except for host.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed