Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,275 times)

SiL

SiL

I just seems relevant ;D

ep40

ep40

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 28, 2007, 01:11:26 AM
Also, one last point... If 'Empire' magazine is correct and not making stuff up, this is taking place in 2007. If this is the same Predalien as last time, what was preventing it from transforming into a Queen, all of this time?
Maybe Chet is a child of the predalien from AVP?
When that is born at the end of AVP, than grows up, some predators have slaughtered and some cooconed to wait when became a queen. When it hapens, facehuggers facehuggerred predators who's in next step have chestburstered next predaliens (one of them is Chet).

Huol

justaguy

justaguy

Quote from: ep40 on Nov 03, 2007, 12:40:29 PM
Also, one last point... If 'Empire' magazine is correct and not making stuff up, this is taking place in 2007. If this is the same Predalien as last time, what was preventing it from transforming into a Queen, all of this time?
When that is born at the end of AVP, than grows up, some predators have slaughtered and some cooconed to wait when became a queen. When it hapens, facehuggers facehuggerred predators who's in next step have chestburstered next predaliens (one of them is Chet).

That would be okay but then wouldn't it mean all predaliens are queens and that would suck.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: justaguy on Nov 03, 2007, 02:40:07 PM
Quote from: ep40 on Nov 03, 2007, 12:40:29 PM

That would be okay but then wouldn't it mean all predaliens are queens and that would suck.
no the movie takes place in 2004 as colin has confirmed so you can strike those ideas down.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: ballzanya on Nov 03, 2007, 06:20:10 PM
no the movie takes place in 2004 as colin has confirmed so you can strike those ideas down.

really? so i guess predalien growing up from cb to adult in several seconds is true as well. f*ck.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Perhaps, though one could argue either way. Considering they seem to have adhered by the scripted cr@ppiness that is the PredAlien, who knows.

Master

Master

This is not normal predalien. It is offspring of AvP queen who was altered by hormons. It means that it can do many shitty things ( like growing up too fast and reproduceing stupidly). But I still have hope that next director of Alien/ AvP film would not copy this to his film.

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Quote from: Master on Nov 03, 2007, 10:04:43 PM
This is not normal predalien. It is offspring of AvP queen who was altered by hormons. It means that it can do many shitty things ( like growing up too fast and reproduceing stupidly). But I still have hope that next director of Alien/ AvP film would not copy this to his film.

I don't follow you, The Queen in the first AVP was not altered by hormones ??? She was placed in stasis by the Predators and used for hunts.

ep40

ep40

Quote from: Darth_Spud on Nov 03, 2007, 10:21:24 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 03, 2007, 10:04:43 PM

I don't follow you, The Queen in the first AVP was not altered by hormones ??? She was placed in stasis by the Predators and used for hunts.
Yes, i think that if queen from was altered than why her children are affected but herself aren't?
I can accept predalien from this film if there will some explamation that it is genetically modified or have a special role in hive. I hope that in next AVP movie (if it will be created) there will be nore stupid things (like next newborn-like creature or suicide aliens which don't regurgirate to hosts, they are hosts themselfs).

Master

Master

Anderson told that LC of huggers/bursters was quicker because queen was hormon pumped and therefore  her offspring was somewhat different then normal aliens should be.

Simply: this was his explanation of fu<ked up lifec cycle, and thats why I assume that Predalien from AvP-R can be also different cause queen from AvP was much bigger that the one from A2. This is only logical explanation of regurgitation and queen molting process which is not changeing canon.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

It doesn't change canon as it is. regardless of what alterations the previous queen had.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Master on Nov 03, 2007, 11:03:17 PM
Anderson told that LC of huggers/bursters was quicker because queen was hormon pumped and therefore  her offspring was somewhat different then normal aliens should be.

That's fan hearsay. There's no documented evidence that he ever intended such a thing.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 04, 2007, 12:38:16 AM
Anderson told that LC of huggers/bursters was quicker because queen was hormon pumped and therefore  her offspring was somewhat different then normal aliens should be.

That's fan hearsay. There's no documented evidence that he ever intended such a thing.

Well, regardless....when film makers screw up its up to the fan base to rationalize their mistakes for them.

Hence, just about explanation that we've come up with the explain the runner's differences from A3. (Namely, the lack of tubes)

And also the head ridges that magically appeared after the first movie.

...and also what we are going to have to do when this alternate lifecycle is implemented with no explanation of how it fits at all.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 04, 2007, 12:38:16 AM

Paul Anderson in some interview about his supposed "r-rated directors cut" which he intended but never happened, (instead we got the unrated edition, only every so slightly better), mentioned that there were sub-plots with involving the henchman of charles weyland, (the guys with guns who weren't scientists/explorers) as well as the fact that the queen was pumped full of hormones by the predators to speed up the rate in which she produces eggs. Neither of which were explained in any way in the film that was released.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed