Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,315 times)

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Well, when there is this much separation of opinion, it usually means the guys complaining, probably have a very good point. But if you are stuck in defensive mode you are not going to see it, no matter how much complaining they do.

Quote from: AlienatedPredator on Oct 31, 2007, 08:12:19 PM
If done right, this concept could be creepy and terrifying. It's likely painful and horrific for the victim :o

Oh you mean the victim watching the film. Yes I think you are right, it will be a shockingly painful and horrific experience. lol. ;D

Sorry I couldn't resist.  ;)

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Not always, sometimes the ones who are on the offensive are just being annoying.

AlienatedPredator

Quote from: Sh0dan on Oct 31, 2007, 08:51:34 PM
Well, when there is this much separation of opinion, it usually means the guys complaining, probably have a very good point. But if you are stuck in defensive mode you are not going to see it, no matter how much complaining they do.

Quote from: AlienatedPredator on Oct 31, 2007, 08:12:19 PM
If done right, this concept could be creepy and terrifying. It's likely painful and horrific for the victim :o

Oh you mean the victim watching the film. Yes I think you are right, it will be a shockingly painful and horrific experience. lol. ;D

Whatever . . . if you think it looks like fun I urge you to try it  ;) The Alien face-rape I mean.

Sorry I couldn't resist.  ;)

Xhan

Xhan

So if you had a cake that LOOKED moldy, smelled MOLDY, you'd still eat it because the person who sold it to you said it was awesome and you hadn't ATE IT yet?

hahahaha... No.

The script was already available for perusal and very little of it has changed, right down to one scene being described by a NUMERICAL SCORE of who's "winning."  The predalien facerapes people and looks like a diseased Muppet on crack; the aliens look like they're constipated to a lethal level. I haven't seen anything from the cast that says "clip of the week" much less "best supporting actor".

News Flash for those uninitiated into human culture; opinions are formulated by a combination of opinion and gut feeling from the BASIS of SELECTION. From software to cars to jobs to dating/marriage. It's how the machine works, and there gazillions of schools where people learn to become rich based on these very principles... people like Oprah Winfrey make gazillions of dollars by doing just that.

There hasn't been a single thing about this movie aside from the Wolf that makes me want to watch it.

The money shots for this movie are public knowledge. and they suck. That's really all there is to it.

All you have to do is look at the person who owns Fox, and the resumes of the people he has hired and who have come on board since his purchase, look at what his Flagship Netwroks show in the EU Australia and America to see what his philosophy is about.

Here's a hint. It has shit all to do with quality of storytelling.

Major Alan Schaefer

Then don't watch it and pretend it never happened

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Quote from: Kriszilla on Oct 31, 2007, 08:56:23 PM
Not always, sometimes the ones who are on the offensive are just being annoying.
And sometimes the ones who are defensive are just being annoying also, The annoying people cancel each other out. Your still left with a good portion of alien fans, that are unhappy about the changes.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 31, 2007, 09:15:18 PM
Then don't watch it and pretend it never happened
Thanks for the tip, I will take that advice. I also, hope fox takes that advice, and steers the alien franchise back to its roots. Wouldn't hurt for the Predator franchise either.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Predator is thriving in this film. I wouldn't be surprised if they did another Pred film after this. The Alien franchise is the one dead in the water, and this film doesn't seem to be helping that.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Well All I can say is that the inclusion of the new bullshit reproduction method is why there won't ever be another stand alone movie. All the new ideas they come up with now, blow balls, and are included just for the sake of being different. If no one can come up with new ideas that actually don't break canon, are consistent with the other films and are interesting at the same time, the Alien franchise is dead as a door nail. Instead we'll get as many AVP films as the box office sales dictate. Which is a sad state of affairs.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Kriszilla on Oct 31, 2007, 07:29:08 PM
They won't listen. Somebody, probably Gates, SiL, or UncannyAntman, will pop up and say something along the lines of: "Good idea, but no!"
I can't speak for Gates or SiL, but I can't be bothered any more.

The reasons that some people are annoyed by it are well documented.  There's only so many times you can quote precedent only to have it answered with, "I think it rules, so quit bitching, bitches!" before you start to lose interest.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Sh0dan on Oct 31, 2007, 07:45:53 PM
100 + votes for love it / pretty cool.  :o

That cant be right, is someone fiddling the system or something?

I just find it hard to believe that any strict alien fan would find the new additions acceptable into the fiction.

Good to see you bring your opinions from the gearbox forums to here sh0dan. we need a few more intelligent guys on our side. ;D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 31, 2007, 08:18:27 PM
"Except that egg transformation could have been to get a Queen, meaning it would only need to be a case of one"

Takes longer to get any hosts...we don't know how long it took AR's Queen to go it could have ben a week

What does time matter? Does the Predator or National Guard know where it is? No. It can't have been long for the colony in 'Aliens', because they would have sent out a transmission about what was going on.

Quote"Or, more likely, they'll get immediately swarmed by facehuggers, automatically doing away with that potential human threat and increasing the Aliens' numbers."
Which would be followed by the ship being destroyed...i think they'd notice signal for help in time
unless there was five humans wherever they were going to land then that'd work

Who said anything about them being on a ship? Why would nature plan for being on a spaceship? Who in their right mind would wander down into that same place, after seeing so many such traps being sprung?

All of this seems to boil down to the Aliens allegedly needing a faster, quicker method to replace the one they've already got. Play the Canon Game in my signature and you'll see why that sort of logic interferes with canon.

If the directors had made no statement about the canon, then this would never matter. They were the ones who kept saying it'll adhere to the rules and it isn't, when these same new ideas are applied to what we saw in the other films.

If the Alien could do this, then the Fury and Nostromo ones would have been implanting like crazy. The fact remains that neither of them ever did that.

Yes, I like the concept. It fits with the sort of things Aliens do. It could even look great. What it won't do is fit with what we have seen them doing in the other stories.

The directors came up with this idea because they thought Queens 'need' an advance army. They basically came up with a solution to a problem which was never there in the first place. When you do that sort of a thing, you need to start thinking, "OK, so what prevented this character from doing that in Film Number X?"

SM

SM

QuoteThey basically came up with a solution to a problem which was never there in the first place.

Exactement.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Since egg-morphing was referenced so many times in this thread, i thought i'd put up the screencaps of that.

It seems as if there is a wound on dallas's neck, so the theory of how egg morphing starts most likely could be the tail thing, and certainly no vomit of any kind.

As well as the lambert tail rape thing, it really is ambigous, but it was not literal rape, but here is a screencap of her bloody foot.

Jaz

Jaz

Some serious brown nosage in this thread...

Really dont like the idea but then again i havnt seen the idea in practice. Heres hopin you Strauses do a good job.We already have one anderson..

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Quote from: Spaghetti on Nov 01, 2007, 03:36:46 AM
Good to see you bring your opinions from the gearbox forums to here sh0dan. we need a few more intelligent guys on our side. ;D

Hey Spaghetti, who is that GRID ?

Ha ha, the second part is right, but the first is wronger than the Strause bros' AvP: Requiem.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed