Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,303 times)

Fitzley

Fitzley

It's not a terrible idea. I assume this is the method of how egg morphing begins...which doesn't contradict anything as we never see how the egg morphing process is started. It's not great, but I can live with it.

SMJ

SMJ

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 26, 2007, 07:20:21 PM
Quote from: SMJ on Oct 26, 2007, 07:13:26 PM
But like Highland said, they can do whatever they want with it. So ... :P

Of course they can...they can have Chet sing the national anthem if they want.

Doesn't mean people are gonna like it.

I didn't say people were gonna like it...Just tryin to make sense of it cause I don't wanna hate it...I'm willing to give it a chance though...

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SMJ on Oct 26, 2007, 07:30:57 PM

I didn't say people were gonna like it...Just tryin to make sense of it cause I don't wanna hate it...I'm willing to give it a chance though...

sadly i can't give it a chance. Im just going to have to try to see if there are enough redeeming factors in the film and how good the rest of it comes together cohesively to make enough sense and tell an interesting story. I remember a post I made a while ago, where I said I would walk out of the theaters if egg morphing was featured. lol, I won't do that but that really puts this in perspective. Just the fact that regular egg morphing without extra, non-canon regurgitation bullshit was enough to piss me off back then.
Now this is worse. Its just one of the reasons why I never liked the egg morphin idea. Its too iffy and there are too many ambiguities and weird directions it can take.
  The whole "we didn't see how something was done, therefore our new stuff is canon" is lame. They could have invented a dozen different bullsht ways of explaining how an alien starts the egg morphing process. What's next, squatting over the person's head and shitting slime down their throat? Hey you never saw what the alien did in the director's cut of alien, so therefore it doesn't break canon. ::)

SMJ

SMJ

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 07:21:26 PM

They can do whatever they want because they've got creative control..however they SHOULDN'T. That is disrespectful to the fans and to what ridley scott, james cameron,..etc. have taken part in creating. If they try and say its canon because you never saw how the alien in the director's cut of alien morphed brett into an egg, i will be pissed. Its quite a bitchslap to the collective fanbase from the directors/and or fox.
  We're supposed to pretend that if it is indeed related to egg morphing, that the alien puking in a hosts mouth was always part of the lifecycle? I don't think so.
 The anchorpoint essays contradict this idea, and sure they may be made up of fan speculation, but it makes more sense than this. Also whatever happened to egg morphing only used a last resort to produce a queen?
One of the other problems just featuring egg morphing in the film is going to cause, let alone add ridiculous bullshit on top it.

Rediculous bullshit...YES. Rediculous bullshit WITHOUT an expanation = MORE rediculous. ( to me, I mean  ;) )
The only explanation I fear though, is budget...Damn it. I'm trying to like this idea...  :-\ lol

Master

Master

There is no chance for disrespect in my book. And this is disrespectful for the majority on fanbase.

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 26, 2007, 06:20:45 PM
Chet is officially Not Queen.

Long live "The Great Regurgitator"!

Seriously I hope this leads to egg morphing.
Where's a Colin when you need one?

Colin is not here to avoid lots of questions and atacks addresed to him. I am not surprised. In very short time this topic gained twelve pages of mostly disapointment, and after reading this he will probably wait some time before writeing anything.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 07:41:11 PM

There is no chance for disrespect in my book. And this is disrespectful for the majority on fanbase.

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 26, 2007, 06:20:45 PM
Chet is officially Not Queen.

Long live "The Great Regurgitator"!

Seriously I hope this leads to egg morphing.
Where's a Colin when you need one?

Colin is not here to avoid lots of questions and atacks addresed to him. I am not surprised. In very short time this topic gained twelve pages of mostly disapointment, and after reading this he will probably wait some time before writeing anything.

Disrespectful? So the fans are supposed to just shut their mouths and not complain about anything, and let the alien and predator franchises they grew up on, just disintegrate at the asinine new directions taken in the latest film to feature them?
First of all let me state that I have never been negative just for the sake of it, I tried to give everything a chance. I didn't just make up my mind that this movie was going to be bad, solely based on what I saw in the first avp, even though some people might indeed have. But there are things which you can't ignore. If something makes no sense, who can you blame other than the people responsible for it?
I was rooting for the strausse brothers, I was enthusiastic about lots of shit in this film, but this turn of events is just lame. I never expected such a disapointment as this. Makes you wonder what other disapointments are in store. >:(

SiL

SiL

What's different here from most other bitching, is that a lot of the people bitching now are people who had a generally positive outlook on things.

Major Alan Schaefer

Well it sounds kinda stupid, but maybe on scren it'll be really frightening who knows?

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

I actually like the idea.
When there is no Queen the alpha alien has the ability to extend the hive this way. It doesn't f**k up the life cycle at all since we've never seen such a thing in the progress before, although this might show what happened to Lambert. And I think it's a something new and kinda terrifying. Don't think of vomiting. Think about the sexual aspect of that thing: practically it's like the Alien's forcing it's semen into the victim's mouth. Now that's really disturbing....  :o

DB

SMJ

SMJ

Thats right Sil, I just noticed that. I'm about as positive as they come, and even I'm choking whilst trying to swallow this news...

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Dragonblaster on Oct 26, 2007, 07:56:04 PM
I actually like the idea.
When there is no Queen the alpha alien has the ability to extend the hive this way. It doesn't f**k up the life cycle at all since we've never seen such a thing in the progress before, although this might show what happened to Lambert. And I think it's a something new and kinda terrifying. Don't think of vomiting. Think about the sexual aspect of that thing: practically it's like the Alien's forcing it's semen into the victim's mouth. Now that's really disturbing....  :o

DB
Yes, that is true...but who says this is offical where'd it come from?

Master

Master

QuoteDisrespectful? So the fans are supposed to just shut their mouths and not complain about anything, and let the alien and predator franchises they grew up on, just disintegrate at the asinine new directions taken in the latest film to feature them?
First of all let me state that I have never been negative just for the sake of it, I tried to give everything a chance. I didn't just make up my mind that this movie was going to be bad, solely based on what I saw in the first avp, even though some people might indeed have. But there are things which you can't ignore. If something makes no sense, who can you blame other than the people responsible for it?
I was rooting for the strausse brothers, I was enthusiastic about lots of shit in this film, but this turn of events is just lame. I never expected such a disapointment as this. Makes you wonder what other disapointments are in store.
I think that you did not understand me. Disrespectful, is what they are doing with francise now. Things for which we loved Alien are now being changed for cheaper retarded version, just to save money given for production of this film. This is sad. Just sad that we who love those films (alien series , predator serise) the most, are now being treated as mojority of kids that will buy crap anyway.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Dragonblaster on Oct 26, 2007, 07:56:04 PM
It doesn't f**k up the life cycle at all since we've never seen such a thing in the progress before,
If it don't lead to egg morphing, then the Bros can take their 'canon' comment and shove it up their collective ass. And then rotate.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

i mean the inclusion of this vomiting bullshit whether its to start the egg morphing process or not, is hard to swallow. pun intended. It seems absurd to assume that this has always been the instinctual behavior of an alien. Its not just gross, its too b-movie. More so than necessary.
 Because of this, it already demotes the film to the level of alien:resurrection. Where some stuff was cool or decent but when it got to the part with the newborn, it became weird and in a shitty direction. I guess watching avp-r will be like that. It will seem ok, with some cool stuff, most stuff not breaking canon, and even being a nod to the classic films and then..bam! puking in someone's throat. Something new just for the sake of being new.

SMJ

SMJ

Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 07:58:53 PM
I think that you did not understand me. Disrespectful, is what they are doing with francise now. Things for which we loved Alien are now being changed for cheaper retarded version, just to save money given for production of this film. This is sad. Just sad that we who love those films (alien series , predator serise) the most, are now being treated as mojority of kids that will buy crap anyway.

I'm with you I've just gone into a state of psychotic denyal...what if its a genetically modified Predalien? Like the preds made it so it'd be easyer to contain and move around than the queen for alien breeding purposes??? Hell I don't know man...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed