Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,315 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Why are they doing this to their reproduction system? I hope to god that it is the first stage of egg-morphing, because i can accept that. If it means that all of a sudden a chestburster pops out, then screw that crap.

tommygun

tommygun

Hooray!!!..The Strauses have found a way to inject sex and love into this franchise...The predalien is a very randy creature that thinks the chick in the hospital bed is super sexy...His seed will be implanted into her mouth...great job, Bravo, a 21 gun salute to you...I think you have reached an all time low...

A kiss is just a kiss, but a french kiss from the Predalien is a magical and life giving sexual experience

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

I don't believe it will be egg morphing, remember they are trying to cut corners here, very low budget. With this new idea they don't have to make any eggs for the movie. The only reson they put facehuggers at the beginning in the stasis tubes is because whats an Alien movie without those facehuggers, there would have been an uproaring from the fans. So with this new reproduction idea they cut some expences and make things more simple. Whether fans like it or not is a different story.     

That Yellow Alien

I don't know what to think of this idea. I'll have to wait until I see the movie to judge. Hopefully, it is egg-morphing.

Naissus

Naissus

Wasn't this idea of an alien puking out eggs into peoples mouths done in another sci fi movie.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 26, 2007, 04:28:46 PM
Yutani mate, long, but pointless.

My sci fi comment was worded wrong so i apologise. I have no problem with things being grounded in Reality. But your comments were in reference to the idea of the RC being lame and also being non cannon, then trying to give me evidence for it.

The Aliens RC aint real mate, It was picked out someones ass, just like this idea. So it has nothing to to with Science fact. Only fiction. Sure there are references in the living world, but it stops at that. You cant bring those references inside this franchise. They are for inspiration only.

If someone wants to add to that fiction, they can, as long as it doesnt break any rules that were establised, which it doesnt. Its never been establised that an Embryo infecting another Alien doesnt have this out come.

It breaks no previous evidence, because there is none. 

I'm not saying I like it or hate it, I'm saying they can do what they like with this creature, and they have.

So, the RC that has been there for four movies, AVP included, allows some leeway for this...?

And so canon disappears...like if it never existed.... ::)

Der_Meister

Der_Meister

Quote from: Naissus on Oct 26, 2007, 06:09:09 PM
Wasn't this idea of an alien puking out eggs into peoples mouths done in another sci fi movie.

reminds me of The Faculty , little parasites crawling in your ear :P

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Chet is officially Not Queen.

Long live "The Great Regurgitator"!

Seriously I hope this leads to egg morphing.
Where's a Colin when you need one?

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

This is so unnacceptable. Even if it is the new bullshit way of saying "this is how the aliens have always egg morphed people, it just wasn't shown onscreen."  ::).
I don't buy the "she's a mutant, so its okay" bullshit. Personally I would have rather had the crashed spaceship contain more facehuggers in stasis or a shitload of eggs about 30 or so. That plus the predalien would still have been enough aliens to make the movie interesting and for them to wreak havoc in the town. One alien has been known to kill dozens of people in the other films, so it would have been plausible that 30 plus a predalien could have overrun a town.

Lazy ass fox, couldn't shell out money to have ADI do all the eggs required. How can you have an alien film without eggs? So if this is the case, how can this be related to egg morphing? They need to have worked on the eggs that the people are morphed into, wouldn't that take the same amount of time and effort as sculpting the eggs not related to it?
Or maybe they made one and are going to use it over and over, so you'll only see one egg morphed victim onscreen at a time, which is also lame, since it would have more of an impact to see cocooned victims who are now eggs, lining the hive walls en masse.
Anyone who thinks that its a predator trait received by the dna reflex should just play in traffic. lol
That is retarded. Obviously i'd assume predators reproduce sexually, they are humanoid after all and even if not mammals, they have some mammalian traits.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

The 1st time i saw the pick of the PredAlien over the hospital patient i sort of thought it might involve some sort of reproduction. Yeah... i don't really know what to think about it. I guess i'm not opposed to the idea but they should have just made the Predalien a Queen if they wanted it to reproduce, at least that's my opinion.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Naissus on Oct 26, 2007, 06:09:09 PM

If so, i guarantee it was a bad one.

Rabbit2100

Rabbit2100

wow thats queeer and stoopid they should have just had a queen

SMJ

SMJ

OK guys...I'm just brainstorming this idea, cuz although it sounds scary/kinda cool, I too see it as pointless when thats the whole purpose of having a queen, so I'll have to see it before I go judging but anyway...Could it be possible that a predalien is actually what all aliens are supposed to be? I mean like the aliens evolved along with predator, with predators being the natural host, so a predalien is the "normal" alien...and having DNA from humans/dog/ox just lacks something that it takes from the pred DNA..but still, that idea still renders queen pointless, except between breeding-predaliens, a queen an all those huggers that would be a lot of multiplying...but then again, whats the point of bringing a victim to the hive when you can impregnate it yourself??? I just wanna make sense of this so badly lol...hopefully its the egg-morphing idea. But like Highland said, they can do whatever they want with it. So ... :P

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SMJ on Oct 26, 2007, 07:13:26 PM
But like Highland said, they can do whatever they want with it. So ... :P

Of course they can...they can have Chet sing the national anthem if they want.

Doesn't mean people are gonna like it.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SMJ on Oct 26, 2007, 07:13:26 PM
OK guys...I'm just brainstorming this idea, cuz although it sounds scary/kinda cool, I too see it as pointless when thats the whole purpose of having a queen, so I'll have to see it before I go judging but anyway...Could it be possible that a predalien is actually what all aliens are supposed to be? I mean like the aliens evolved along with predator, with predators being the natural host, so a predalien is the "normal" alien...and having DNA from humans/dog/ox just lacks something that it takes from the pred DNA..but still, that idea still renders queen pointless, except between breeding-predaliens, a queen an all those huggers that would be a lot of multiplying...but then again, whats the point of bringing a victim to the hive when you can impregnate it yourself??? I just wanna make sense of this so badly lol...hopefully its the egg-morphing idea. But like Highland said, they can do whatever they want with it. So ... :P

They can do whatever they want because they've got creative control..however they SHOULDN'T. That is disrespectful to the fans and to what ridley scott, james cameron,..etc. have taken part in creating. If they try and say its canon because you never saw how the alien in the director's cut of alien morphed brett into an egg, i will be pissed. Its quite a bitchslap to the collective fanbase from the directors/and or fox.
  We're supposed to pretend that if it is indeed related to egg morphing, that the alien puking in a hosts mouth was always part of the lifecycle? I don't think so.
 The anchorpoint essays contradict this idea, and sure they may be made up of fan speculation, but it makes more sense than this. Also whatever happened to egg morphing only used a last resort to produce a queen?
One of the other problems just featuring egg morphing in the film is going to cause, let alone add ridiculous bullshit on top it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed