Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,959 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

Rules...set by each of their films...and i was more of saying think about what i said.

SM

SM

It hurts to think about anything you say.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SM on Nov 01, 2007, 11:19:31 PM
It hurts to think about anything you say.
Or just to think at all outside The box?

SM

SM

The box ain't broke and I'm all about the box.

If they wanted to have moronic looking aliens barfing moronically into peoples pie holes - fine.  Just don't try to tell us it's in anyway related to the Alien films, cos we're not that stupid..

Major Alan Schaefer

I'm not saying that the Alien films point to it or point away, i'm saying it does make it a neverending life cycle.

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 01, 2007, 11:29:29 PM
I'm not saying that the Alien films point to it or point away, i'm saying it does make it a neverending life cycle.

What kind of like, Queen, egg, hugger, burster, adult, egg morph, queen again.

Lol - Another cycle there.

But really, that has 0 to do with why we are pissed off Major.

If someone can just tell me why it was necessary to add this into the life cycle at all ?

I mean, we have had five films where regurgitating aliens don't exist in the fiction, then suddenly, whoa, where'd that come from.

Because I can tell you now, any average Joe movie goer is going to be thinking that exact same thing. Along with, <I don't remember them doing that in any of the previous films>.

Major Alan Schaefer

I know that's not was making people mad i was just saying that it was a cycle with it more than without.
Yea that's also a cycle one that wasen't used, the point is it can work as part of the cycle when you get passed automatic setting of it can't

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

My point is that I don't think the director has put himself in the shoes of the audience that will be watching the film. The average guy / gal on the street, that isn't particularly an alien fan, but that goes to watch all the latest films.

Well, these poor clueless people, are going to be completely lost when the pred-queen just starts puking over everyone. And if the question of "why is she doing that?" isn't answered, well the film will be universally slated.

The following are not good answers:-

"Because it's a young pred-alien", isn't good enough.

"Because fans wanted more gore in AvP:R", isn't good enough.

"Because I thought it would be cool", isn't good enough.

"Because I am a big fat Predator fan boy", definitely isn't good enough.

"Because I am a shitty film maker", well that one might just come to pass.

chifo

chifo

it all just seems like a  cool idea had it existed anywhere before, but it seems kinda like a ripp off of the queen from resurection that gave birth to a full grown alien, i could support the idea if it really is a predalien queen? but i don't think it is, as those f**kers are huge beyond all normal queen standards. but if it is a queen alien it could make sense, that instead of creating a face hugger to search for a host the queen can just do it directly, but then why the f**k does a queen never do it. or it could just be something unique to a predalien queen because of the attributes it has taken from a predator, but any explanation thats given just isn't gona make  much sense, unless the predalien is in fact a queen. but if thats true WHY IS SHE SOO SMALL. the only thing that would really make sense and not be completely out there is the predators were trying to create a better alien, and things went terribly wrong. but that doesn't blend with their highly ritualistic lifestyle. either way i think this explanation will give me either a laugh, or a loud shouted explative

just remembered an intresting fact, that AVP extinction fans are probably aware of. A praetorian is able to transform itself into a queen if the original queen dies so thats a clear demonstration of the species ability to be highly adaptive to its conditions, so perhaps the predalien has made a likewise evalutionary leap. since their is no praetorian around to assume the role of queen

TheAncientEnemy

Bringing anything we have seen in the games opens up a can of worms that I don't think anyone really wants to get into. The films are generally regarded as the holy grail when it comes to accurate information.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 31, 2007, 09:58:57 PM
The Predator is thriving in this film. I wouldn't be surprised if they did another Pred film after this. The Alien franchise is the one dead in the water, and this film doesn't seem to be helping that.

I think you're right, in so much as the former has a greater chance of getting a sequel after this. It's all about glorifying the Predator and Fox apparently adored the screening.

The Alien is basically being used when the directors think they need to scare some human characters. The Predator/Predalien is the one put on screen for when power and, to quote the interview, "awesomeness" need to be displayed.

I could be wrong, but going on what we've so far seen, that appears to be the visual formula they have been adhering to.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Well come on, if you want action there has to be deaths and ok maybe they could have more predators but i like the elite predator idea because hes superior and a good hunter.

And ever since ALIENS the aliens became more like just creatures rather than indestructible monsters....so don't blame AVPR for making the aliens like that, Cameron basically began that along with comics etc., which I dont mind because the aliens are such a wide spread species with the queen and all the facehuggers so I dont see any problems neccesarily.

SM

SM

QuoteBringing anything we have seen in the games opens up a can of worms that I don't think anyone really wants to get into. The films are generally regarded as the holy grail when it comes to accurate information.

And we've seen what the films are about to serve up.

Anything's fair game now.

Personally I hope we see all those delightfully coloured Aliens - ones the fly, bounce around, shoot lightning out of their heads, people as mobile chestburster factories - from the old Konami Aliens arcade game.

AWESOMENESS INCARNATE!!!!!!

Lt.EllenRipley

Lt.EllenRipley

I am pretty skeptical about posting negative thoughts, but this is pretty friggin' ridiculous. Impregnation through oral regurgitation.... yeah..... As if the egg morphing thing wasn't ridiculous itself.

Wouldn't it have been easier to say, I dunno, do something plausible?! Maybe I missed some thing important through my years of being a fan and reading the novels/comics and watching the films, but wth I was always under the impression that the Xenos were pretty scientifically practical.

If some species of amphibians can change their sex to better accommodate the lack of one sex and thus increase procreation, wouldn't it be easy enough to say that Xenos can do it to? Hello, it makes a little more sense to me, then "Hey baby, let me spit in your mouth!"

Better yet, why can't the first Queen be born ambiguous and thus able to impregnate herself as to lay the first generation of face huggers.

Our friend Colin here wants to say this shows the Aliens as complex creatures, but alas it just shows the complete stupidity of those working on the concepts of this show.

It really seems to me that no one, since Resurrection, has ever bothered to a) research any kind of simple science (because human DNA and alien DNA can so mix),  b) even TRY to follow any kind of continuity, and c) care about the integrity of the series. It seems to be becoming nothing but some big sci-fi joke. "Let's see how far fetched and unrealistic we can make it and still sell tickets!"

Next time why don't they just cast Johnny Depp as the lead and turn it into a friggin' space drama?!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

SM

SM

Bearing in my mind I don't know much about the plot or the pacing or what they want to achieve, but I would've thought it'd be easy enough for the Queen/ PredAlien/ whatever to find a nice quiet warm spot, start a nest, abduct a few people, she lays some eggs, hosts get hugged, presto!  Instant Alien army.  Like Xenomorphine has said - no need to solve a problem that never even existed in the first place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed