Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,937 times)

Gremlien

Gremlien

Quote from: SiL on Oct 30, 2007, 02:09:16 AM
Wow, way to misread people.

"But it was in a cage!"

...uh, what? Yeah, it was in a cage - How does that suddenly not make it the transitional stage between burster and adult?
Wow, way to misread, Sil. Yeah, it was in a cage, but you miss the point. There was no one in there that it could regurgitate into. Considering that the Aliens of A:R are supposed to be "smarter" I doubt that it would have attempted it unless there was someone in there to impregnate.

Major Alan Schaefer

Sil said it here first Aliens can't adapt when needed...
what think adapting is following the rules? adapting is surviving anyway you can and that's what Aliens do...if you wanna see aliens do the same thing every movie that's fine put alien and Aliens on mute and mac your own scripts.

SM

SM

QuoteYou defended the other movies with your opinion, why should you stop?

Nothing I've heard so far is worth defending.

Add to that the marked lack of respect to what's gone before.  Why should I bother?

QuoteAre you totally against this regurgiation idea? If you don't want to learn about the Aliens, then just enjoy what is on screen (like the general audiences might).

A general audience hasn't devoted years of their life to studying and celebrating and generally just being a fan of this series of films.  If a general audience digs on it - good for them.  I'm not "the general audience".

QuoteWow, way to misread, Sil. Yeah, it was in a cage, but you miss the point. There was no one in there that it could regurgitate into. Considering that the Aliens of A:R are supposed to be "smarter" I doubt that it would have attempted it unless there was someone in there to impregnate.

I'm not sure if you're getting it.  The Alien Queen just sat there till it was grown and started laying.  That's the Queen's sole purpose.  Nothing about her trying to escape and create an army to defend her before she starts laying.

Major Alan Schaefer

Who says she didn't try to escape? probably did and got a cold blast like her kids did when they tried

SM

SM

QuoteWho says she didn't try to escape? probably did and got a cold blast like her kids did when they tried

So she's perfectly aware she's under constant threat - and started laying anyway.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 11:13:03 PM

I'm sure if we were in 1986 there'd be people saying the Queen as stupid to...

I haven't stopped for 21 years

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SM on Oct 30, 2007, 02:19:59 AM
QuoteWho says she didn't try to escape? probably did and got a cold blast like her kids did when they tried

So she's perfectly aware she's under constant threat - and started laying anyway.
try to lay eggs> not even trying

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 30, 2007, 02:13:05 AM
Sil said it here first Aliens can't adapt when needed...
What the hell, dude? Seriously, does this bullshit just flow from your fingertips or something?

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Once again, this regurgitation method is a survival tact for the Queen, when she is free and at the stage of when she can't produce via egg sac. If she is not free and contained, as we saw in Alien Reurrection, then yes, she sits on her ass and grows into the egg laying creature.  Just like an animal in a zoo, they are not free to roam around to do what they probably would do in the wild.

Sil, think of the situation of a young Queen, running around, with no Alien warriors around to help, what is she supposed to do, until a hive can be made and she is able to produce via egg sac? That is the situation AVP-R is bringing up.

SM, I didn't mean you were a "general audience" person, by the statement.

Major Alan Schaefer

This isen't a crazy change if they can't do this...they defantly can't adapt anything else by your standerds and be exepted

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 30, 2007, 02:24:38 AM
This isen't a crazy change if they can't do this...they defantly can't adapt anything else by your standerds and be exepted
This isn't that it's an adaptation, this is blatantly disregarding existing information. Saying they're 'adaptable' doesn't mean shit and it certainly doesn't mean we should remove any limitations as to what they can do, which is exactly what people - And the Bros - are doing.

SM

SM

QuoteSil, think of the situation of a young Queen, running around, with no Alien warriors around to help, what is she supposed to do, until a hive can be made and she is able to produce via egg sac?

Well logically she'd actually go about setting up a hive so she's ready to start laying eggs.  ie. Fulfill her primary function as soon as possible.

QuoteSM, I didn't mean you were a "general audience" person, by the statement.

I'm just telling why I can't appreciate this 'film' like the average punter might.

Major Alan Schaefer

This is not destroying what's in place...its not removing limitations bealive or not this is limited..

only Predalien is doing it...not every alien

We know that a full grown Queen lays egges we've never seen a young Queen free. so we don't know what happens then, they are feeling in the blansks with somethign that fits with aliens, granted not the best or most close to canon. but its still on open ground.

If you don't like the molting then that's no adaptiblity and leaves the Aliens to basically just sit and wait for a slow death when the Queen is killed. There should be limits but this is not that insane...it doing something that the thing it creates does..

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Well, maybe she is creating a hive, but at the same time, she is also trying to make quick drones. I thought the drones are supposed to help construct a hive for the Queen? Are we basing the info on ants/bees? Maybe the Aliens follow a different route. Who knows...

As for the comment of breaking existing information, again, this stage of the Queen, in this sitatuion, is something we have not seen before and thus, what we do know/have seen is not all hurt by this new method. It's just a stage/method in a Queen's life that has not been thought of before. So, yes, its directors introducing more ideas to the Alien moviegoers/fans, but at the same time is NOT breaking anything.

What we know of the Queen is what has been established, when she is able to born from a chestburster and is able to produce an egg sac. Is that all a Queen Alien (not Queen Bee or Queen Ant) should do? Remember, we are talking about an Alien species...one that still has alot of be explored and expanded upon.

I welcome new ideas that don't kill the ones we have known of for years. The Queen will still act the same way, when she's in the stages of her cycle we have seen in Aliens, Alien Resurrection (first cycle of course) and AVP. This is just a piece of the Queen cycle we have never seen on film. The Queen in Alien Resurrection does destroy this new idea, because:

1. The Queen was contained, until after she produced eggs (which we never got to see her actually produce the eggs on screen)

2. The Queen was not in a situation where she was free and able to use this method. Besides, we barely got to see the Queen, during the time she was producing eggs. Who the hell knows how they had her contained (we only got to see her head, behind the glass)

It's surprising that a regurgitation method, such as this, has been thought up for the Queen cycle, but it only works, because of the situation AVP-R is presenting...a free, young Queen that is in the middle of chestbursting/producing eggs via egg sac (I'm tired of repeating this).

And again, I understand why some people would be against this, because it's something unexpected, especially from the Queen, but we have to remember that we don't know ALL of the Alien's cycle. We only know from what we have seen on screen (and read in novels, etc).

It's also difficult to embrace it, because we have not seen AVP-R. So, all we have is expectations of it looking bad and the reason it doesn't work is because we have not seen it before and therefore, it should never be included.

If it makes sense to have it included, then there really shouldn't be a big problem. As long as it works and makes sense for the Queen's survival, during those stages of her development...I say go for it.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 30, 2007, 02:32:12 AM
This is not destroying what's in place...

If you don't like the molting then that's no adaptiblity

Alien 3 already established that Queens are born as Queens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed