Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,955 times)

Predalienslayer

Quote from: ELDERPREDATOR on Oct 28, 2007, 03:07:20 PM
So the predalien wasn't trying to kill the predator in this image:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/hugol22/AsvP-R/normal_trailerpop67.jpg
She was trying to impragnate him.
That is clearly a headbite attack.

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

Yeah he does it with great force, but we'll have to wait and see.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Predalien warrior on Oct 28, 2007, 03:16:29 PM
True, and chet fails.
Wolf is really badass, prepared for almost everything.
And i´m glad that the predator this time arround uses his f**king hands and claws.

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 28, 2007, 03:51:22 PM
True, and chet fails.
And i´m glad that the predator this time arround uses his f**king hands and claws.
I hope wolf rips out his inner jaw.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: ELDERPREDATOR on Oct 28, 2007, 03:56:21 PM
True, and chet fails.
I doubt he will, would be a hell of a cool scene though.

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 28, 2007, 04:03:37 PM
Quote from: ELDERPREDATOR on Oct 28, 2007, 03:56:21 PM
True, and chet fails.
I doubt he will, would be a hell of a cool scene though.
Yeah he won't because then the acid blood of the predalien will kill him.

Jenga

Jenga

(Start quote:)"Anomally: "Double the canons...double the violence! Double the nastiness! its rated r like a MANS movie!"

I like the idea but wheres double the acting/dialogue/story quality? Thats what REAL men do with their action films." (End quote.)

HERE-HERE! *clinks glass in a toast*

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 28, 2007, 06:58:45 AM

Granted those movies are lesser, nowhere near as good as the first two, but the events in them are canonical. You can't ignore them. i totally agree.

I really cant understand putting A3 with A:Res like that. Theyre in different stratospheres. 3 was far more related to the first ones than not imo. But oh well.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 28, 2007, 04:28:52 PM
I really cant understand putting A3 with A:Res like that. Theyre in different stratospheres. 3 was far more related to the first ones than not imo. But oh well.

You're 100-fu<king-% right...Alien3 is a masterpiece when compared to Rez...I don't know what all the hate is about...

That Yellow Alien

I love Alien 3 just as much as the first two. Great trilogy.

Anomaly

Anomaly

I just look at the two and can identify plainly who broke the rubber band. It wasnt A3 imo.

Anyone know that feeling when youre watching something utterly crap? The speechless daze, wishing the movie was over already. I was looking at my screen with a half dead expression on my face while watching Resurrection: -_-

lol

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 27, 2007, 07:53:19 PM
Quote from: brad873 on Oct 27, 2007, 07:51:06 PM

she was a freak of nature. she may have skiped that due to human dna

And herein lies the danger of following up BS piles like A: Res...  now fans are using it to make explanations for this film? Its called the snowball effect. The next avp film should be called "Dumb and Dumber 3".

WARNING - LONG POST AHEAD...(Hey, when I left yesterday, it was 60 pages-long...now, almost 100... SO forgive me for my HUGE lateness...)

AR is canon, 10 years before AVPR...So, yeah, whether you like it or not, it is part of the canon now...

That's how things are...

Just because some dislike AR, it is more canon than an AVP will ever be, being the source matrial for the AVP franchise and, therefore, much more important and cannonical than AVP and AVPR will ever be...

So, in AR it was clearly stated, in two scenes actually, that no preliminary RC ever existed (Perez-Gediman-Wren and Gediman's monologue) so Colin should be re-checking his take on the movies because he is clearly ill-advised...

I don't liked AR too, but that has nothing to do with the canon it established, and previous ones did as well...

It introduced the artificially-mixed DNA RC, but it shows that the Alien RC has always and only been the egg-laying one, followed by a human one, courtesy of the DNA-mixing between the Queen and Ripley...

We know that Queens don't have a preliminary cycle before the Egg-laying one... She was already a full grown Queen before she 'started producing' and the coccooned Gediman clearly stated that 'she added a SECOND cycle' following the egg-laying one, meaning obviously that if the EL was the first, then no other existed before it...

Again, there is no plausibility in a creature having two very different reproductive cycles, one from the upper frontal side, the other from the lower back side... Also, there is movie evidence that no such cycle ever existed, so there is no leeway for this departure, unlike what Colin says...

This makes me regret this movie being made because where will it stop, where will it end...? If every rookie director from now on, leaves his imprint that clearly disfigures continuity and the FRANCHISE's canon, then we will end up having a complete transvesti of the franchise...It is happening right now with this new cycle and with the new Queen with Predator skin... ::)

As a side joke, I gather when the PQ hit the doctor's nose, it was aiming for the mouth, I guess...  :D ;D

All these departures are clear warning signs, together with the budget motivator and the rookie-ness imprint obsession...

Who cares about canon, right..? As long it is new, and dumb, and has lots of gore and alien fights, who cares about the originals and what they established as true...?

This AVP franchise is a sham, motivated out of pure greed and with no respect for the franchises at all...

This just proved it beyond any reasonable doubt...

This is a question as to with whom your allegiances lie..with the originals, or the latest 'thing'...?

I know where my allegiances lie...and where they always have... with the 4 Alien movies and the 2 Predator ones... AVP still managed to maintain, for the most part, it's respect for the source material, but AVPR is just a mistake, the black sheep of the whole lot...

How can a movie placing Aliens on Earth and having them overrun a small town, have the lowest budget of them all, clearly affecting the storytelling and the 30-year-old well-established canon..?

Shouldn't we be taking this as a hint to the grim future of both franchises...?

And this new RC shouldn't be interpreted as a clear direction from FOX that they want to bury the Alien franchise and start anew...?

I mean, they are already dismissing what the Alien movies have established, and Colin's excuse is proof of that... Only a non-fan would mess with the one thing tha has been carefully established ever since 1986 - The Alien Reproductive Cycle from Queen Egg-laying ...

If the budget is giving them excuses to make a mess of all that and get too creative for their own good, then maybe the movie should not have been made in the first place... Most people won't like it, fans are almost divided to the core (60-40) and we are just talking about 250 souls here, hardly a credible sample of the fanbase out there...

I often wonder myself who are the real fans here, the hardcore ones, the ones who liked the movies but have no real concern about continuity, canon and design issues, and those who just want to see Alien kick Predator butt (not gonna happen until the very end of this movie)  or the other way around...

I am a longtime fan of both Alien and Predator movies, but most of all, I value the 'Four Cs' in a franchise (Sequel stories building on the original movie's premise):

Credibility, Coherence, Continuity, Canon...[/b]

And none can be tampered with... They all need to be safeguarded...

I will never apologise studios for making rubbish departures alleging money issues... Studios like FOX have the banking to fund scripts they believe are commercially-viable entities... So, to make a story happening in a setting like this and still be cheapskates about it, giving the smallest budget ever for a movie featuring Aliens and Predators, this shows how much faith they have on this movie... They have been very wrong in recent years greeenlighting movies like FF2, Die Hard 4, and other movies who have been total letdowns, critic and BO-wise...

And the reason they are not even worrying with the marketing is because being a 60-million dollar movie, it can easily be convered quite easily on domestic territory alone, let alone the foreign one... So, they don't need to worry much about selling this turkey...

I just wonder what more 'surprises' do they have in store for us... We still have two months to go, after all :o ::)

I know, I am whining... but better that than delusional hope, or fool's hope...

Only if you fail to see Fox's recent success rate, not in terms of money, but positive critic oversight, can you believe this Fox administration knows what they're doing...

Tom Rothman clearly failed X-Men 3, clearly failed FF2, clearly failed Die Hard 4, a movie that instead of bringing back the joy of the first ones, just brought a repetitious and burned out spiceless story...

So, as far as big popocorn movies are concerned, they haven't taken a hint just yet.. :D

I blame FOX for watching the dailies and still allowing for this RC to take place instead of giving the Bros. more money to avoid this...utterly disrespectful departure from the originals...

And instead of fighting back, what fans are doing are giving them their money so that the can kep doing stuff like this until there is nothing left of the originals...

So, I hope you all know what you're doing... :o :'(

Predator-Family

ok i don't know if i should puke or say go to hell fox because thats just stupid that the predalien regurgitates into victim's mouths to make eggs eeww! I expected it to be the same as a regular alien drone but a rogue instead.

TheAncientEnemy

I'm with you, Yutani. I STILL haven't seen AVP because I never wanted to encourage Fox to take a few more dumps on Alien. I'll never see that movie. I was hoping that AVP:R would allow me to forget it completely, but unless the bros explain that this predalien was engineered by the predators and not just another part of the life cycle, then they're just commiting the same crimes as Anderson but in different ways.

Kimarhi

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed