A l i e n I n f e c t i o n - cancelled -

Started by War Wager, Sep 22, 2007, 08:24:38 PM

Author
A l i e n I n f e c t i o n - cancelled - (Read 7,331 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Me and a few of my buddy's are making a petty long film about an Alien invading the town of Falkirk (my hometown). Most of the film will take place in the local woods so it should have a lot atmosphere. The best bit is that we don't have a suit or even a large head. We'll be shooting all the Alien scenes with McFarlane's 12-ich Alien!  :P

The basic story is that a strange pod containing an Alien egg lands in the woods. An old man and his dog stumble onto the pod and the man is facehugged. When it grows full size, the Alien wanders into the housing areas and begins to reign terror. After a group of teens (me included) call the police after finding a body, and an officer is killed, they decide to band together and go after the creature.

I should be able to post some pics soon.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Wait. You're making a movie whose title is basically "Alien Poop"?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: War Wager on Sep 22, 2007, 08:24:38 PM
Me and a few of my buddy's are making a petty long film about an Alien invading the town of Falkirk (my hometown). Most of the film will take place in the local woods so it should have a lot atmosphere. The best bit is that we don't have a suit or even a large head. We'll be shooting all the Alien scenes with McFarlane's 12-ich Alien!  :P

The basic story is that a strange pod containing an Alien egg lands in the woods. An old man and his dog stumble onto the pod and the man is facehugged. When it grows full size, the Alien wanders into the housing areas and begins to reign terror. After a group of teens (me included) call the police after finding a body, and an officer is killed, they decide to band together and go after the creature.

I should be able to post some pics soon.
I hope you have a blue-screen or something like that to compose the alien in later, otherwise it will look cheap, trust me, i tried it, more then once...

Nightmare

Nightmare

im lookin forward to this, how are you planing to add the alien? not move it in front of the camera like in average fig films i hope.....ull use greenscreen or somethin?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Nightmare on Sep 23, 2007, 12:14:49 PM
im lookin forward to this, how are you planing to add the alien? not move it in front of the camera like in average fig films i hope.....ull use greenscreen or somethin?
If you add it in via greenscreen or something like that it will look something like this: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=6049.0 , although it was a 5 minute coposite with after effects.

War Wager

War Wager

Unfortunatley we don't have green or blue screen, so it'll just be moved in front of the screen. But don't worry it won't be shot close to camera so it shouldn't look blurry and cheap, but only time will tell I guess. There'll be a scene in a house with two 10 year old girls that are having a sleep over. We'll need to shoot the Alien close to camera in those shoots so I'm a bit nervous about that.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: War Wager on Sep 23, 2007, 12:33:54 PM
Unfortunatley we don't have green or blue screen, so it'll just be moved in front of the screen. But don't worry it won't be shot close to camera so it shouldn't look blurry and cheap, but only time will tell I guess. There'll be a scene in a house with two 10 year old girls that are having a sleep over. We'll need to shoot the Alien close to camera in those shoots so I'm a bit nervous about that.
Well, i tried that too but it just didnt look good enough to actually using it, but i wish you the best with that and im looking forward to it.

War Wager

War Wager

Thanks!  ;)

I've been having second thoughts on the title. I wanted to call it something related to the plot but I couldn't think of anything.  :-\

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: War Wager on Sep 23, 2007, 12:44:43 PM
Thanks!  ;)

I've been having second thoughts on the title. I wanted to call it something related to the plot but I couldn't think of anything.  :-\
Alien virus
Alien infection
Aliens: extermination   etc etc, but alien secretion sounds like the alien has something left in the bathroom.

War Wager

War Wager

It does...  :-[

Alien Infection sounds good, ok if I can use it?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: War Wager on Sep 23, 2007, 12:57:10 PM
It does...  :-[

Alien Infection sounds good, ok if I can use it?
Sure.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Dude, just buy a green sheet. You can use that as a green screen.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 23, 2007, 04:41:07 PM
Dude, just buy a green sheet. You can use that as a green screen.
I guess its not the green screen, but the programm to key out the background that is missing.
Or i am wrong War Wager?

War Wager

War Wager

Thats right.

We'll be shooting some of the night scenes in the woods tomorrow night. Just some of the wide shots where you see the teens going through the forest with torches. A bit nervous because it's scary as hell at night!  :P

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: War Wager on Sep 23, 2007, 08:44:47 PM
Thats right.

We'll be shooting some of the night scenes in the woods tomorrow night. Just some of the wide shots where you see the teens going through the forest with torches. A bit nervous because it's scary as hell at night!  :P
Yeah, tell me about it :D
When i was 14 we were in the forest to shoot some test scenes at night, its really f**king creepy in "My" wood, we were out of there in 10 minutes ;D
I have to do that again, thats some sort of kick, and it gets you all pumped up. Love it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed