Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage

Started by ikarop, Nov 26, 2011, 08:39:19 PM

Author
Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage (Read 160,517 times)

AncientPred

AncientPred

I don't know about it coming today, maybe, but if not today than I do think it will be released at some point in December. A lot of big trailers are coming out at this time of year. New JohnCarter trailer comes out tonight, new TheDarkKnightRises trailer hits on the 16th, trailer for TheHobbit comes at the end of the month.

ThisBethesdaSea

JKS1

We have a problem right from the start...you're asking us, to give you an example of something that looks as real as a matte painting and you cited the opening of Blade Runner as your end all of end all matte painted scenes.

For me, there's some GORGEOUS work done in The Phantom Menace, as there is some unbelievably beautiful work done in Avatar. I agree, the richness of the work in Blade Runner is unforgettable, but both tools (a paint brush and a piece of glass) or a piece of photo software are essentially the same thing. I've seen some horrible real paintings as much as I've seen terrible CG work. Throwing out the use of a tool because it looks bad once a while isn't fair. The people who do this craft aren't third graders, rather, they are skilled in many many different aspects before the begin to construct a sunset, a wooded landscape, or a beautiful sea. This elitism is tiresome.

Alien³

Alien³

CGI is an amazing tool if used correctly. And 99% of films use it correctly because most of the time you are unaware of it.

szkoki

szkoki

I think all the alien stuff is just the tip of the iceberg in this saga maybe this is why the say its related to alien but at the same time that we should let go the idea that is an alien movie.

rbenchley

rbenchley

Quote from: szkoki on Nov 30, 2011, 04:43:16 PM
I think all the alien stuff is just the tip of the iceberg in this saga maybe this is why the say its related to alien but at the same time that we should let go the idea that is an alien movie.
Agreed.  Prometheus can be a fantastic "Alien" movie without showing a single Xenomorph.  Ridley's original movie created such a fascinating universe that I would be eager to watch pretty much any kind of story set in it. 

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

As for the CG bitching, I don't mind if CG is used as long it does not look bad and it's not overused. I hope the CG does not over shadow the story like it does in movies like Van Helsing and 2012. From what we have seen, it looks like they are doing a mix between both similar how Lord of the Rings was.

boabwalker

boabwalker

can anybody point me in the direction to view trailer ive been a   massive alien fan since about 1985 when i was old enougth to watch Ridleys master piece for the first time( i was 5) ive been at work all week and missed the fecker! i  dont care about spoilers i just need to scratch the itch thats been burning me since i found out it was being made about what feals like about 2 years ago ,and hasnt been fullfilled since i went to pictures to see the gash that was alien resurection,stay frosty people.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 30, 2011, 07:05:22 PM
As for the CG bitching, I don't mind if CG is used as long it does not look bad and it's not overused. I hope the CG does not over shadow the story like it does in movies like Van Helsing and 2012. From what we have seen, it looks like they are doing a mix between both similar how Lord of the Rings was.

It's a 200M$ movie at least from what I heard.
100M$ minimum are spent for CGI (it's where the budget goes mostly with blockbuster) which is going to result to a movie look like:
If one of this company take care of the CGI:
WETA, ILM, DIGITAL DOMAIN.

You shouldn't worry about it, especially knowing the work of Ridley Scott and its supervisor of Visual FX in previous movie.
It is always astonishing  ;)

Remember, CGI, quality only depends on the amount of money spent for the render.
The more money, the more computer calculation you can spend on.
CGI are expansive because computer to render are.

here is the trailer for you:
http://filmwatch.com/news/894528/prometheus-trailer

EDIT: I just noticed the trailer is no more online. Sorry!
It should come within a week or two - three as all leaked trailer

profox

profox

thats the only success i've had so far :
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmllly_prometheus-trailer_shortfilms

if anyone would be kind enough to PM me a link to view the trailer in a more viewable way, thanks in advanced.

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: profox on Nov 30, 2011, 07:57:10 PM

if anyone would be kind enough to PM me a link to view the trailer in a more viewable way, thanks in advanced.
That is the most viewable trailer.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: profox on Nov 30, 2011, 07:57:10 PM

Thnx now i can watch it again ;D

tonton

tonton

AMAZING trailer.

I can't wait to watch the HQ 10 times too.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: JKS1 on Nov 30, 2011, 02:27:36 PMSo, please, some examples of scenes and movies where the CGI depicted landscapes and spaceships arent obviously CGI

District 9.

I guess what I meant was that from a film maker's perspective, building physical model spaceships is mostly impractical compared to digital model spaceships. Firstly, to give the kind of detail required for up close photography, you have to build a pretty big model, which in turn makes it far more difficult to shoot. A computer model can be lit and photographed however you like, whenever you like and as many times as you like.

CGI allows the film maker to be more impulsive, which I agree can be (and often is) a bad thing, given the wrong director. I'm not too worried about Ridley though. He himself comments on how when shooting the derelict model he thought it looked crap and resorted to filming it with a consumer camera, printing it to screen and then re-filming it off the screen (kinda like the trailer we have been watching).

Anyways, I'm not arguing for the proliferation of CGI in movies and I am pretty sure that if you and I were put in front of a reel of CGI special effects we would both groan at the same shots and scenes.

-Chris.

SM

SM

And also mistake some CG stuff as being real.

profox

profox

Quote from: arogony on Nov 30, 2011, 09:42:54 PM
AMAZING trailer.

I can't wait to watch the HQ 10 times too.

GOD I KNOW~! is this going to be the movie of the year or what ???
sorry for jumping ahead of myself, I'm a huge ALIEN fan and by the looks of where it is, I think I definitely won't be disappointed!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed