Did the Facehugger save Ripleys life?

Started by AgentRed, Aug 22, 2017, 08:18:42 PM

Author
Did the Facehugger save Ripleys life? (Read 973 times)

AgentRed

I just had a random thought that Ripley probably wouldn't have survived the EEV crash because her Pod would have been completely sealed like the one Newt drowned in if not for the Facehugger, allowing it to burst open easier and Ripley being washed up on the shore. What do you think about this?

whiterabbit

Always assumed it. Also assumed that was the reason she didn't drown.

SM

SM

As far as we can tell her chamber was breached prior to EEV launched and not by a facehugger.

If it'd been sealed it likely would've remained sealed.  Newt's was compromised which would've allowed water in, but not out fast enough.

The Cruentus

Quote from: AgentRed on Aug 22, 2017, 08:18:42 PM
I just had a random thought that Ripley probably wouldn't have survived the EEV crash because her Pod would have been completely sealed like the one Newt drowned in if not for the Facehugger, allowing it to burst open easier and Ripley being washed up on the shore. What do you think about this?

It is funny you should mention that though, because one story from the old EU did mention that a Facehugger kept a pilot alive when his pod was breached. I can't remember the name of the story but the parasite kept him alive but then again, that is what they are supposed to do anyway..keep the host alive and viable so that they can instead die a more horrific death courtesy of the chestburster it "implants".

NeoXenoPred

Yeah man. Remember when Kane's facehugged? That's one example. Remember at the time there is no Atmosphere Processor, so there are no oxygen. That should explains why Ripley survived in Alien 3.

SM

SM

She survived because her tube wasn't filled with water.

Local Trouble

I was only half-serious when I suggested that the special edition super facehugger is what rescued Ripley from drowning and towed her to shore.

Since she remained in her cryotube in the theatrical edition, the facehugger that got Spike didn't need to save Ripley and thus didn't have to sprout webbed fingers so it could swim.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed