Favorite Alien?

Started by #6.0, Aug 23, 2010, 08:15:07 AM

Not taking design into account, which lead Alien, one important to the story, not cannon fodder was your favorite?

Giger, Alien
19 (50%)
Queen, Aliens
8 (21.1%)
Runner, Alien3
5 (13.2%)
Grid, AVP
2 (5.3%)
Queen, AVP
0 (0%)
Chet, AVPR
2 (5.3%)
Newborn, AR, Do not pick this one to be funny. I just have to let it in. Apperently.
2 (5.3%)
They are all the same to me.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author
Favorite Alien? (Read 18,537 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: StrangeShape on Aug 23, 2010, 10:49:14 PM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 23, 2010, 10:30:57 PM
#6.0 is right. No one Alien in Aliens was worth mentioning until the Queen rocked up. It's one of the problems with the portrayal. Cameron made them all zombies, devoid of any personality.

I don't really get what you mean. They sure werent mindless , just the opposite if thats what you mean, they acted according to the same scheme because its the same creature, if thats what you mean, other than that I dont know
He meant that there wasn't an individual that stood out, which is understandable, I think.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 23, 2010, 10:57:01 PM
#6.0 is right. No one Alien in Aliens was worth mentioning until the Queen rocked up. It's one of the problems with the portrayal. Cameron made them all zombies, devoid of any personality.

I don't really get what you mean. They sure werent mindless , just the opposite if thats what you mean, they acted according to the same scheme because its the same creature, if thats what you mean, other than that I dont know
He meant that there wasn't an individual that stood out, which is understandable, I think.

Yeah but like I said, why would there be if theyre the same thing, same creature of the same species

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: StrangeShape on Aug 23, 2010, 10:59:15 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 23, 2010, 10:57:01 PM

Yeah but like I said, why would there be if theyre the same thing, same creature of the same species
Uh huh. The whole point of Aliens was if they get close enough, you're dead. So I have no problem with them not being given individual personalities and favourite colours. The Queen was the centre piece.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 23, 2010, 01:12:11 PM
Quote from: Keg on Aug 23, 2010, 01:10:13 PM
My dislike for the predalien goes far beyond that of the newborm. at least the newborn had a genuine excuse and reasoning within the story to be the way it was. the predalien didnt.
Yeah, but at least the predalien wasn't the tipping point of the movie. It didn't really make a shitfest shittier, it kept it along the same path. The newborn was basically the end/downfall of Resurrection. At least the predalien looked somewhat alien...the newborn had no alien features at all, really. But that's just my dislike.

I would agree the Newborn was what ruined the final act of AR. but it was the way it was introduced poorly and how it suddenly became the focal point of the story out of nowhere that i hated. It doesnt look like an alien because its a genetic freak created as a result of the cloning process. It was an accident that occured as a result of the experiments they had conducted to resurrect ripley and the queen. Thats why, even if you dislike it, it still has reason to look like it does and it doesnt mess with canon or established facts about the creature, because its explained rationally in the film, why it looks that way.

With the predalien it isnt explained why suddenly it takes waaaaaaaaaaaaay more traits from the host than weve ever seen before, or why it suddenly has this new utterly riduculous breeding method. it looks utterly stupid, makes no sense with any previously established facts about the alien, including reproduction cycles and taking traits from the host.

At least the newborn made sense within the story, and was explained within the story. nothing about the predaliens random new abilities or overly predator like appearance were explained. im not saying you have to like the design of either creature, or their purpose in their retrospective stories but you cant deny that the newborn made sense in the story, but the predalien didnt. and for that reason i hate he predalien alot more than the newborn. i actually like the design of the newborn, i just hated the way it appeared out of nowhere and then shifted the plot to something else entirely for the last 30 minutes. The film completely loses its way after that. Shame.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Keg on Aug 23, 2010, 11:17:22 PM
you cant deny that the newborn made sense in the story, but the predalien didnt. and for that reason i hate he predalien alot more than the newborn.

Thats true. Even tho I hate A:R as much as you can hate a movie, and I even prefer that joke called AVP:R over it, I cant argue your point

#6.0

#6.0

I as with you until "It's"

But thank you.

Quote from: Keg on Aug 23, 2010, 11:17:22 PM
you cant deny that the newborn made sense in the story, but the predalien didnt. and for that reason i hate he predalien alot more than the newborn.

Yes, no, I don't know why.

Mus

Mus

Quote from: StrangeShape on Aug 23, 2010, 07:02:26 PM
Quote from: Mus on Aug 23, 2010, 06:49:12 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Aug 23, 2010, 06:25:47 PM
I pick the option that is not in the poll which is RIDGED ALIENS

1) They attack on sight, just like the Runner, but as oppose to the runner, theyre not confused and arent lacking in intelligence so much (Runner fell into the trap twice and in the same way, plus more)

Why can't I recall it falling into a trap twice? I watched it like two days ago and can only remember them trying to lure it into that sealed room, only to have the Alien ambush someone, killing half of their men in the process. Later they ran around in the corridors to get it into the lead works, which actually worked.

It didnt kill them, the fire did. It killed one guy and was lucky that this guy started the fire. And he was just standing above him, lucky again he didnt raise his head earlier
It gets caught into the vault and then the led pool. Both times the "food" wants to be chased and he just follows like Scooby Doo villains. So the first time not only it doesnt suspect that somethings wrong and that the guy wants it to follow him into a dead end with no airlocks or a way our, but also ignored people on the side waiting to close the door. And then later on he still follows the people that want to be followed and eventually falls into a trap AGAIN in the same exact way. By the second time I thought it would at least suspect something. Its a far cry from the intelligent creature of the first 2 movies

Did it actually get trapped? It stalked them and killed someone, which resulted in an explosion. Then it was gone. Or was it, at least that's how I remember it.

Keg

Keg

In the special edition that scene is extended and they manage to trap it behind those massive steel doors.
Spoiler
Golic who has almost disappeared by this point in the theatrical cut, gets his own subplot where hes gone insane and thinks the creature is some kind of divine being and he goes in search of it, killing a prisoner so he can open the doors to have a look. Obviously the alien kills him and it gets free again!
[close]

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

I am having a hard time deciding if it is Spike or Chet....

Keg

Keg

which one was spike?

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

The one in Alien 3.

Keg

Keg

Oh right. The Runner. Never heard anyone call it Spike before? I presume that was the dogs name.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: #6.0 on Aug 23, 2010, 11:30:27 PM
I as with you until "It's"
But it is a problem, in exactly the same way a human character with no personality is a problem.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Keg on Aug 24, 2010, 08:52:32 AM
Oh right. The Runner. Never heard anyone call it Spike before? I presume that was the dogs name.
Yeah, so the Alien's called Babe in the AC ...  ;) :D

Keg

Keg

Babe 3: Xeno In The City

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed