Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A

Started by shamash, Apr 10, 2012, 10:37:23 AM

Author
Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A (Read 72,722 times)

DaveT937

szkoki

NGR01

NGR01

Well i was at the screening this morning but missed the actual footage (it was only 12 minutes from early in the movie), i attended the press conference, i recorded a bit then filmed a bit before a fox employee assaulted me telling no filming (wtf the tv cameras were for bitch?) Whatever, the question were as usual very dull,the only piece of information that really struck me is when Scott said that the Derelict did not crashed but landed on purpose, he insisted on he did not crashed.
He also said right after that the link between Prometheus and ALIEN is in the last 7/8 minutes again.
I guess that it does really have to do with the Derelict and the SJ...
The lenght is 1H59 without the ending credits.
Thea rating in France will minors under 12 not authorized.
Guess it's PG13.
Noomi insisted a lot on a scene where she went to hell, wich was very disturbing, hard to do for her, but she felts Scott present all the even when she was almost naked and bloddy...
Guess she was talking of the infection/medpod scene wich seems to be the answer to the chesburster scene from ALIEN from what she implied.
What i got from my friend who saw the footage.
Very Blade Runner feel...
3D was so so...
The aging makeup of guy pierce was meh (but not a deal breaker).
I'll upload the little video and audio i got (nothing to see really save for a giant screen with PROMETHEUS poster and 4 small figures i the horizons lol but the audio is ok).
My expectations are lowered a bit from the vibe i got after the screening but people are definitly eager to see the movie.

EDIT, just read the transcript from Flicks and Bits and god these are almost the same questions and answers i heard at the screening today. They must be bored to death to repeat themselves again and again...

bioweapon

Quote from: NGR01 on Apr 12, 2012, 12:11:14 AM
Well i was at the screening this morning but missed the actual footage (it was only 12 minutes from early in the movie), i attended the press conference, i recorded a bit then filmed a bit before a fox employee assaulted me telling no filming (wtf the tv cameras were for bitch?) Whatever, the question were as usual very dull,the only piece of information that really struck me is when Scott said that the Derelict did not crashed but landed on purpose, he insisted on he did not crashed.
He also said right after that the link between Prometheus and ALIEN is in the last 7/8 minutes again.
Guess it's PG13.

why u miss the footage  :o
2 hours of film???!!!!!! this is not epic well maybe the r version

the derelict in Alien didnt crash but landed??  :-\  it sounds like Ridley is trying to fit things.. i dunno one day im  very excited about this movie and other day is so-so... well wtf

Kol

Kol

Quote from: bioweapon on Apr 12, 2012, 12:24:20 AM
Quote from: NGR01 on Apr 12, 2012, 12:11:14 AM
Guess it's PG13.

why u miss the footage  :o
2 hours of film???!!!!!! this is not epic well maybe the r version

the derelict in Alien didnt crash but landed??  :-\  it sounds like Ridley is trying to fit things.. i dunno one day im  very excited about this movie and other day is so-so... well wtf

can't be.
would contradict from what he has said on flicksandbits.com

QuoteI don't know how the hell he got that name; there was this big boned creature who seemed to be nine feet tall sitting in this chair and I went in to Fox with four questions. Who are they? Why are they there? Why that cargo and where were they going or had they in fact had a forced landing?

NGR01

NGR01

Yep missed the footage because of bad timing.
Had to drop my kid at the nanny then took me longer than i expected to get to the theatre.
It was quite early and everytime when you get those big stars events, fox press team gets all crazy and speed.
It's almost as they diss the people they organize the screening for its crazy...
Must be a french thing coz it seems that journalists from abroad are usually very happy of their experiments in such events.
But seriously i'm not dissapointed to have missed the footage.
It was really not much. Next time it will be for the full movie and i will not miss it ^^

Yeah Kol just read this transcript and i assure you that is what he said this morning.
That the derelict did not crashed but landed (it struck me because it was a quite important piece of info to me), maybe it was a forced landing on purpose lol. Don't know what the subtilities are but he did said that it landed not crashed.

In the Morning theres the AVENGERS pres screening but i'm too f**king tired to do the same marathon as today...
Going to bed now, will upload the video bit i have tommorow ;)
Nothing much to see but just to share.

ChrisPachi

He merely speculates whether it was a forced landing. Perhaps you can read some motive/intent in that comment, but I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Cvalda

You're the best, Darkoo!

szkoki

NGR01

NGR01

Thanks Darkoo ^^
Now i will see it better lol

BTW i went to AVENGERS.
It sucks.

shamash

shamash

Ive read many people think that avengers is really good, places like slash film and even Devin Farraci liked it

Valaquen

Quote from: NGR01 on Apr 12, 2012, 09:33:45 AM
Thanks Darkoo ^^
Now i will see it better lol

BTW i went to AVENGERS.
It sucks.
Comment removed - please refrain from baiting other members.

NGR01

NGR01

Sorry Valaquen ;)

Shamash, really had a hard time staying awake this morning.
I'll go see it again.
But it didnt work for me this morning.
Sets feel to fake and some cgi too cartoony to me.
One thing i liked is the teamwork, the way all the characters are handled together.
But since Serenity i was not affraid of that aspect in Whedon's work.

incandescence

i really dont understand why people are so snobby about film around here, this is essentially a forum dedicated to the Aliens Vs Predator movies, its a really silly attitude to have.

back on topic.

Yeah that French Narration was a struggle, does anyone have a transcript of that video in english? 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed