Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,430 times)

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Funny, because that's pretty much my impression of Mr. Black'nBlue.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 09, 2010, 03:06:10 AM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Jul 08, 2010, 04:08:06 PM
To me the movie didn't hold much dramatic value, and it wanted you to care about the characters only as much as you do in, say, slasher films.

That's another terrible thing in this film. The Alien and Predator movies have always been about likable, realistic, memorable characters that you care about. This movie had none of that. Granted, neither did AvP.

AVP had Weyland and Miller, who were at least on the verge of having you care about them. At the very least they had good enough actors, just not a good enough script.

Basher917

Basher917

i watched AVP again and i remember that Charles Bishop Wayland was more like bishop the android in personality, not really the other bishops that are suppose to be portrayed evil

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Jul 09, 2010, 03:23:01 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 09, 2010, 03:06:10 AM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Jul 08, 2010, 04:08:06 PM
To me the movie didn't hold much dramatic value, and it wanted you to care about the characters only as much as you do in, say, slasher films.

That's another terrible thing in this film. The Alien and Predator movies have always been about likable, realistic, memorable characters that you care about. This movie had none of that. Granted, neither did AvP.

AVP had Weyland and Miller, who were at least on the verge of having you care about them. At the very least they had good enough actors, just not a good enough script.

Yeah, but that's two people, and there wasn't much development for either of them. But that is two more than that film had.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I was pissed off when Maxwell got impaled. You just don't do that to The Salmon.  :(

So that's three for me.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Wait, was Miller the Scotsman and Maxwell the security guy?

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Yar. I think.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Okay, I sorta agree with you then. Still, compare three semi-interesting characters to seven extremely interesting ones in Alien, eight in Predator, and four or five in Aliens (more if you really like the film).

Valaquen

Valaquen

Enough said.
AVP - dreadful, but the lesser of two evils.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jul 10, 2010, 01:12:08 AM
I was pissed off when Maxwell got impaled. You just don't do that to The Salmon.  :(

So that's three for me.

He always ends up getting sliced to pieces in Anderson's films anyway... ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Jul 09, 2010, 09:58:42 AM
Funny, because that's pretty much my impression of Mr. Black'nBlue.
You mean the Black Super Squid?
Spoiler
[close]

Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

I honestly really liked AvP.

What is AvPR?

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Ok are you serious?

samoht

samoht

Quote from: Mr. Self Destruct on Jul 10, 2010, 10:55:19 AM
I honestly really liked AvP.

What is AvPR?

eer...what alien and predator movies have you seen?

AVPR is Aliens vs predator Reqium. Alien vs predators sequel.  ;)

Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

Seen all Alien and Predator movies. Never heard of this "Aliens vs Predator Requiem" you guys keep bringing up and apparently saying it sucks so bad, probably best I have never heard of or seen any signs or traces of its existence.

And yes, AvP rocked my socks. The only thing I didn't really like about AvP were the Predators, but then again all Predators are gay, so... lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed