Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,776 times)

SiL

SiL

Which film carried the Alien franchise?

And what do you mean, carried? The Alien franchise was going strong until Resurrection came out. There was a constant stream of comics, novels and games, and it went through four movies.

If anything, the AvP concept, and is movies, have been carrying the Predator franchise, which bombed by its second movie and barely has half the expanded universe the Alien franchise does. Even if you argue Alien 3 and Resurrection are awful, they still made money and they still got made, which is more than can be said for Predator 3.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Mar 09, 2009, 09:48:07 PM
Which film carried the Alien franchise?

And what do you mean, carried? The Alien franchise was going strong until Resurrection came out. There was a constant stream of comics, novels and games, and it went through four movies.

If anything, the AvP concept, and is movies, have been carrying the Predator franchise, which bombed by its second movie and barely has half the expanded universe the Alien franchise does. Even if you argue Alien 3 and Resurrection are awful, they still made money and they still got made, which is more than can be said for Predator 3.

Alien Resurrection is awful.

SiL

SiL

It still made money and it still got made! :P

Aeus

Aeus

Ouch, that was low man.  :'(

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Mar 09, 2009, 10:21:10 PM
It still made money and it still got made! :P

And now, the Alien franchise is arguably where the Predator franchise landed after P2 came out.

Predboy

Predboy

I just wont ever understand what everyone's beef is with P2. It was a great sequal. :-\

Nobody

Nobody

Quote from: Predboy on Mar 10, 2009, 01:43:44 AM
I just wont ever understand what everyone's beef is with P2. It was a great sequal. :-\

There's a reason the Predator is called PussyFace

He lost a fist fight to Danny Glover

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Logan on Mar 10, 2009, 01:48:33 AM
Quote from: Predboy on Mar 10, 2009, 01:43:44 AM

There's a reason the Predator is called PussyFace

He lost a fist fight to Danny Glover

I can understand why.

-He got shot 6 times with a shotgun
-He got half of his arm cut off
-He was having trouble breathing (whether it was because of being in our atmosphere or being shot a bunch of times, either way)
- He fell off a building.

And even after getting all that punishment, he was still going to kill Glover, the only reason he lost was because he decided to walk the ring of death like some kind of macho-f**k. He took his sweet time instead of just finishing him, which is what led to him, getting killed. The reason was being overconfident, not a pussy.

dachande89

dachande89

I can understand why.

-He got shot 6 times with a shotgun
-He got half of his arm cut off
-He was having trouble breathing (whether it was because of being in our atmosphere or being shot a bunch of times, either way)
- He fell off a building.

And even after getting all that punishment, he was still going to kill Glover, the only reason he lost was because he decided to walk the ring of death like some kind of macho-f**k. He took his sweet time instead of just finishing him, which is what led to him, getting killed. The reason was being overconfident, not a pussy.
[/quote]

Well the same could be said for the first pred about the macho crap. If he didn't ditch his gun, have to fight arnold bare handed, and then let him crawl to his trap, he would have won. So the macho ego leading to the downfall of the pred seems to happen in any movie with a Pred. AVP- Celtic, AVP-R Wolf fighting Predalien bare handed.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Celtic didn't have a choice. He had to fight hand-to-hand because his only weapons were his net gun and wristblades. Wolf was just a moron. But it wasn't overconfidence that killed him, it was a poor move, i.e. not stabbing Chet repeatedly in the head with his wristblades when he had the chance.

dachande89

dachande89

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 10, 2009, 06:44:33 AM
Celtic didn't have a choice. He had to fight hand-to-hand because his only weapons were his net gun and wristblades. Wolf was just a moron. But it wasn't overconfidence that killed him, it was a poor move, i.e. not stabbing Chet repeatedly in the head with his wristblades when he had the chance.

Well no I didn't mean Celtic was stupid for fighting bare handed. I meant his ego got in the way when the alien was in the net, and he had to draw the knife slowly, and approch it slowly. A quick stab to the head would have ended that fight, and he would have lived.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No argument there. I feel the exact same way...but then again, I don't blame Celtic per se. I blame Anderson's idiocy.

dachande89

dachande89

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 10, 2009, 07:16:38 AM
No argument there. I feel the exact same way...but then again, I don't blame Celtic per se. I blame Anderson's idiocy.

Agreed

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: 2012iscoming on Mar 09, 2009, 09:45:06 PM
AVPR was by a long way the greater achievement. As a loyal predator fan, I didn't like the way Anderson portrayed the predators and by that i mean they were pretty much little girlymen compared to what Arnie had to deal with. To be frank i didn't understand the need to hasten the process of the chestbusters as it really killed that Ridley Scott suspense. To be frank the plot wasn't great, in fact it was utter shite and no one argue because it really was! This film carried the Alien franchise because, to put it lightly, the entire concept has been moribund since 86. aha

AVP R was the greater achievement, your reasons are you thought the Predators were less effective and menacing. Do you consider AvPR to be the 'greater achievement' because it had a Predator who killed masses of Aliens?

You are in the opinion that AvP's plot was shite. You consider the plot of a group of adventurers going to Antarctica and getting lured in by the Predators to be prey, to be even worse than a Predator ship crashlanding and letting monsters loose, and then high school students running around to escape in a helicopter?

And how can we forget the dialogue? With such classics as: "That's crazy. The government doesn't lie to people."And: "Eddie, people are dying. We need guns."

That was pretty damn stupid. I doubt you would pause to savor a kill when you your prey hasn't been effectively disabled yet.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Celtic-predator on Mar 10, 2009, 08:15:56 AM

That was pretty damn stupid. I doubt you would pause to savor a kill when you your prey hasn't been effectively disabled yet.

Like I said: Anderson's fault. He thought it would be cooler to have the Predator pose first.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed