Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,890 times)

SiL

SiL

Not getting hot and bothered. All I said was that I couldn't see why someone would think AvPR was a flat-out better movie, especially considering the consensus (not that you need to conform to it) says otherwise and was hoping to see some form of justification in case there was a viewpoint I missed.

Oh well. Whatever.

schwa

schwa

I really dislike both of these movies, but if I had to choose, it'd be AVP because it actually has some originality to it, and well, because of Lance Henriksen.

The Demon

The Demon

I voted for AvP-R.

Alien vs. Predator
The lighting was alot better in this movie but I just couldn't get into the setting. It just wasn't convincing for me. The storyboard of how Predators taught humans was neat and was a great visual but I hated the concept. I didn't get into the characters at all. This movie felt like a bad Jurassic Park movie to me. I couldn't stand the big bulky retard Predators or their rediculous wrist-swords. Mostly Scar, the Predator fabio and Lex. That was horrible. The most important thing is, these creatures weren't meant for a Pg-13 rating.

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
The Predator designs were re-glorified. I love it. The Aliens weren't bad. I liked them. I liked the movie having a dark feel but they could had some lighting. I thought the Predalien was great. I didn't mind the technique of how the Aliens were created. The acting wasn't very bad, I got into the characters. I enjoyed having the forest and town setting, I liked the nasty wet sewers. One certain was the hive scene. It could have been longer. This movie to me was like the correction of Anderson's film.

XenoVC

XenoVC

After Seeing AVP Again On My network tv Last night,I can Say that no matter how Bad AVPR Is I still Like it Miles Better,The Aliens in AVP look faker to me,With All That Slow Motion Shit going on,Why is it so bright in A Pyramid,Over A thousand feet beneath the Ice?Hell,Even on my copy of 'Requiem on dvd,Its not as dark as people say it to be,As soon as the Teamup came on I changed it,

No Matter How Bad AVP Requiem was,I Just like It Better

Cellien

Cellien

I finally watched AvP-R for a second time (Blu-Ray).. I dislike it MORE than I originally thought.  I bought the movie hoping it would grow on me, but it's been the complete opposite.  The creature suits and the rip-off musical score (even though it's an unoriginal score, it's nice hearing those nostaglic notes again) is probably the best thing about the movie.  Everything else fails and fails hard.  I firmly stand by my vote for AvP being the better movie of the two.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on May 01, 2008, 11:26:04 PM
Not getting hot and bothered. All I said was that I couldn't see why someone would think AvPR was a flat-out better movie, especially considering the consensus (not that you need to conform to it) says otherwise and was hoping to see some form of justification in case there was a viewpoint I missed.

Oh well. Whatever.

Speaking for myself, I prefer AvP:R b/c it has a nostalgic feel to it. For w/e reason, I feel like I'm watching something closer to the original films when it see it. I don't get that same feeling with AvP.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 06, 2008, 02:39:17 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 01, 2008, 11:26:04 PM

Oh well. Whatever.

Speaking for myself, I prefer AvP:R b/c it has a nostalgic feel to it. For w/e reason, I feel like I'm watching something closer to the original films when it see it. I don't get that same feeling with AvP.

thats what i felt the second time i watched it..

Scarface Predator

Scarface Predator

AVP=AVPR
feces=turd

LittlemanJ95

LittlemanJ95

I actually have the movies, and I'm going for AVPR MAN!!! Here are the reasons why:

AVP:

S***ty setting
Scar sucked
Not nearly enough Alien footage
The Queen was an idiot and wouldn't die (I mean they had to drown her for f***ing god's sake!) >:(
The preds sucked >:(
Bad sound, script, acting, concept, and creature design
MORE GORE, F***ING B****ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

AVPR:

Bad human story (it's a f***ing alien war movie dips***s) ::)
Ending sucked but had a lead for a sequel
Great acting
Predalien rocks 8)
Pred handgun is sweet (RAAAAAAAAAAMBO!!!!!!!!) :)
Gore was way more than satisfying (GOREFEST! GOREFEST! GOREFEST!...)

severen76

severen76

Quote from: LittlemanJ95 on May 07, 2008, 12:55:45 AM
I actually have the movies, and I'm going for AVPR MAN!!! Here are the reasons why:

AVP:

S***ty setting
Scar sucked
The Queen was an idiot and wouldn't die (I mean they had to drown her for f***ing god's sake!) >:(

AVPR:

Great acting
Predalien rocks 8)

What!?

The acting isn't great in AvP but it's definetly better than AvP:R.

WarMachine

WarMachine

Quote from: severen76 on May 07, 2008, 01:02:20 AM
Quote from: LittlemanJ95 on May 07, 2008, 12:55:45 AM

AVP:

S***ty setting
Scar sucked

AVPR:

Great acting
Predalien rocks 8)

What!?

The acting isn't great in AvP but it's definetly better than AvP:R.

Have to agree...unfortunately it was worse

Cellien

Cellien

Agree.. AvP-R acting was BAD.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

How can you say AVP's setting was shitty? That was the best part of it, the set design was, as Paul Anderson would say "literally fantastic."

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 07, 2008, 02:52:31 AM
How can you say AVP's setting was shitty? That was the best part of it, the set design was, as Paul Anderson would say "literally fantastic."

I thought it was an idea but just didn't look great. It looked like it was filmed in a warehouse (which it probably was) trying to make it look like a pryamid.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: The Wolf on May 07, 2008, 10:21:43 AM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 07, 2008, 02:52:31 AM

I thought it was an idea but just didn't look great. It looked like it was filmed in a warehouse (which it probably was) trying to make it look like a pryamid.

Bizarre opinion.  Looked good to me.  Not mindblowing like the sets in Alien but good enough.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed