Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 798,522 times)

The Old One

The Old One

lol! Best post.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

What if David is still around during the original trilogy era, using engineer tech to spread his creatures wherever he can.

After the events of Aliens, he gets wind of how many of his babies Ripley and co. wiped out on LV-426.  (Maybe he's somehow able to monitor the situation through Bishop.)

So he seeks revenge, boards the Sulaco, and places an egg above the cryotubes.

Imagine if Alien: Awakening managed to tastefully pull that off.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: David's Creation on Apr 07, 2019, 09:28:02 PM

I don't want to imagine it. I want to see it!

Huggs

Huggs

Ellen Ripley died in a furnace on fury 161. She never met David, nor should she.

David is a pile of debris somewhere. Torn apart by his own re-creation of an ancient species.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed, David's existence touched everything
but the A.I itself directly interfering (upon Ripley's journey) by action? No.
You can't do it tastefully, the idea's inherently unbelievable.

Leave it as is, or release a new version omitting the Ovomorph and the glimpse of Ellen Ripley before the gasket blows.
THAT is the best you can do.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Ridley could try to tie David story to Ripley somehow, it would fit his pattern. And in the worse ways the fans can imagine. He call pull another Out of Shadows, heck Fox would support milking whatever is left of the Ripley character.

There are a some days between Aliens and Alien 3 to fit that story. Surely Ripley just lost her memories of those events when she went back to cryosleep.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Maybe David was the one in Hicks' cryotube after all.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I was just considering someone else boarding the Sulaco and planting the egg there.  I haven't really seen that idea brought up.  I was wondering who would have the motivation and/or ability to do that and I think David could make sense.

The Old One

The Old One

The idea itself I just can't believe, nor narratively or thematically would the recontextualisation be appropriate or benefit the films.
(My opinion of course.)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 07, 2019, 10:22:45 PM

There are a some days between Aliens and Alien 3 to fit that story. Surely Ripley just lost her memories of those events when she went back to cryosleep.

Makes more sense than Out of the Shadows did.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: David's Creation on Apr 07, 2019, 10:52:57 PM
I was just considering someone else boarding the Sulaco and planting the egg there.  I haven't really seen that idea brought up.  I was wondering who would have the motivation and/or ability to do that and I think David could make sense.

David could be the one behind the events on ACM. Clearly he transfered his mind on all the Michael Weyland androids, using that to influence WY. Taking over the Sulaco and planting eggs there. The colonists on the USS Legato are actually the Covenant's colonists, which David kept on standby cryo all those years to be used as hosts at the right moment. Ever noticed how we never saw the face of the girl we play on Stasis Interrupted? Because they planned it to be Daniels... oh and Turk is Tennessee.

Ha Randy and Ridley have been planning this all long, the true puppet masters of the Aliens series, making all the entries fit together, everything makes sense now.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Still makes more sense than Out of the Shadows did.

The Old One

The Old One

Or ACM remains non-canon, (& The Titan Alien & AVP Novel Trilogies) the correct decision.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

What if David is still around during the original trilogy era, using engineer tech to spread his creatures wherever he can.

After the events of Aliens, he gets wind of how many of his babies Ripley and co. wiped out on LV-426.  (Maybe he's somehow able to monitor the situation through Bishop.)

That sounds almost as bad as the God-awful "Hicks is alive!" workaround they tried with ACM, which is about the worst plot beat I can ever remember seeing.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Jesus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed