Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 798,629 times)

The Old One

The Old One

That's not evidence, it's supposition.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Even if Bishop did all that, it still doesn't explain how the egg made it on board the Sulaco itself.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Bishop could have came across some alien eggs on the trip to the communicator. The drones probably were placing eggs throughout the facility. Bishop could have already stored the eggs on the drop ship right before Ripley arrived. Bishop might have also made a run to the Sulaco to ensure the alien eggs safety after delivering Ripley to the platform before returning out of a sheer chance in hell that Ripley was alive. That's why Bishop gets stabbed in the back by the queen. Cameron's telling us Bishop is a backstabber. All the evidenced one really needs.

I mean come on, circle around my buttocks. The dropship hovers and is armored. He was either stealing alien eggs or depositing them aboard the Sulaco.

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 18, 2018, 10:51:35 PM
Dropped Ripley off on platform.
Descended ship to sub level.
Picked up eggs While Ripley was screwing with the queen and nest. 
Ascended from sub level to platform in nick of time to rescue Ripley from Queen.
Lots of time.

Or it's a dream.
Although this is exactly what happened and I think Spock would agree. It's that or a dream.

He's a company robot. There is no way Bishop is all good.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The time it would take to get to the sulaco, dock, and do his thing would  have been way too long. When Bishop drops ripley off there is only 20 minutes until explosion.

This has all been combed over multiple times in this thread alone. Bishop didnt have the time or opportunity to get the egg on the ship. Good robot or not, Bishop doing the deed isn't feasable.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 19, 2018, 12:16:18 AM
No he's not - he's owned by the USCM and was attached to the Marine squad.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I thought he was ECA property.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 19, 2018, 02:00:18 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 19, 2018, 12:16:18 AM
No he's not - he's owned by the USCM and was attached to the Marine squad.
Really? Well he sure took Burke's orders like a Champ. He was very specific.

I don't think it matters. Much like Gorman was highly likely put in place by Burke, I'm certain so was Bishops programing. Maybe something akin to Directive 4 in Robocop.

Huggs

Huggs

It was done to give credence to a third movie. The Aliens are just capable, nuff said. That's what we are expected to take on faith.

If it has to be explained any other way, it's better to say Bishop had a hand in it. It wasn't malice on his part, he was just doing what he was told to do. He had the time, the ability, and had already been told once to take care of the specimens for return.

How the egg got upside down? That's an alien 3 script issue. How they got on board? Bishop, all the way. Why even bother including footage of him being gone otherwise? Why make it a thing? He could've been waiting right there the whole time and the movie wouldn't have made less sense or anything.

SM

SM

QuoteBishop could have came across some alien eggs on the trip to the communicator. The drones probably were placing eggs throughout the facility. Bishop could have already stored the eggs on the drop ship right before Ripley arrived. Bishop might have also made a run to the Sulaco to ensure the alien eggs safety after delivering Ripley to the platform before returning out of a sheer chance in hell that Ripley was alive. That's why Bishop gets stabbed in the back by the queen. Cameron's telling us Bishop is a backstabber. All the evidenced one really needs.

So, that's a "no" then?

QuoteHe's a company robot.

He's ECA; not Company.

QuoteIf it has to be explained any other way, it's better to say Bishop had a hand in it. It wasn't malice on his part, he was just doing what he was told to do. He had the time, the ability, and had already been told once to take care of the specimens for return.

Nope.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

So if he's ECA then does that mean he could actually be Burke's lap dog?

SiL

SiL

... the ECA is one of the groups Burke is trying to get around by getting Newt and Ripley infected, dude.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Aug 19, 2018, 04:45:50 AM
Nope.

Would it bother you if Bishop did bring eggs onboard the dropship?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Better the stasis tubes than eggs.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SiL on Aug 19, 2018, 05:56:45 AM
... the ECA is one of the groups Burke is trying to get around by getting Newt and Ripley infected, dude.
Yea but this is the corporate ruled universe of Ridley Scott. I figure that's less of a problem than Bishop being owned by the USCM.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If the company had nothing to fear from the government, why smuggle the aliens through quarantine at all?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed