Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 763,755 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 05, 2024, 08:38:06 AM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 30, 2024, 08:46:36 PMIf they had left the egg out, they could have had The Queen had two facehuggers attached to her like The Carrier Alien in AVP: Extinction (2003).

This is how I would rewrite the start of Alien 3. And I have thought about it but I'm too lazy to do it.
I just swapped the shot of the egg with the empty hangar in ALIENS. If I had time I'd comp in some avid and Android blood.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd envisioned close ups on the facehuggers getting out of dodge, with the action from Aliens in the background out of focus.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Leptons & quarks are behind the origin of the egg⚛️🌌

This need to be a prequel-midquel!

👀👉👈🎥🎞🎬

Eal

Eal

The TV series or movie, provided they do well enough, could have a black and white "flash forward" showing this. Maybe as part of a build up or other flash forwards.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I actually put the egg there. There you go.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 11, 2024, 07:50:12 PMI actually put the egg there. There you go.
Lies

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Thatguy2068

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I'm obsessed with Alien 3's opening lately (always have been). I'm also wondering what's the deal with:

* the shrieking sound (when the Hicks's wound is opening) - is it the facehugger or is it something metallic?
* the liquid filling up in some kind of a tube
* the computer that's showing up some neural activity in a very weird way
* some kind of spherical object that explodes

and also it seems that the only way for a facehugger to enter the EEV would be if it actually stuck to someone's face in a cryotube (and this wasn't the case if we go by what was shown on the screen)...I'm basing this on the fact that every cryotube slid and slotted into its place on the EEV...So how could the facehugger end up being stowed away on the EEV?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Apr 12, 2024, 06:06:17 PMand also it seems that the only way for a facehugger to enter the EEV would be if it actually stuck to someone's face in a cryotube (and this wasn't the case if we go by what was shown on the screen)...I'm basing this on the fact that every cryotube slid and slotted into its place on the EEV...So how could the facehugger end up being stowed away on the EEV?

That's why SM said it can only be on Hicks.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 12, 2024, 06:10:23 PM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Apr 12, 2024, 06:06:17 PMand also it seems that the only way for a facehugger to enter the EEV would be if it actually stuck to someone's face in a cryotube (and this wasn't the case if we go by what was shown on the screen)...I'm basing this on the fact that every cryotube slid and slotted into its place on the EEV...So how could the facehugger end up being stowed away on the EEV?

That's why SM said it can only be on Hicks.
Is it true that the intro was shot much later on and by a different crew? I've heard such a theory somewhere.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Apr 12, 2024, 06:06:17 PMI'm obsessed with Alien 3's opening lately (always have been). I'm also wondering what's the deal with:

* the shrieking sound (when the Hicks's wound is opening) - is it the facehugger or is it something metallic?

and also it seems that the only way for a facehugger to enter the EEV would be if it actually stuck to someone's face in a cryotube (and this wasn't the case if we go by what was shown on the screen)...I'm basing this on the fact that every cryotube slid and slotted into its place on the EEV...So how could the facehugger end up being stowed away on the EEV?

Quote from: Rankles75 on Apr 13, 2022, 02:23:40 PMBecause details often get mixed up in dreams.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Apr 12, 2024, 06:06:17 PMI'm obsessed with Alien 3's opening lately (always have been). I'm also wondering what's the deal with:

That is the sound of a million fans crying out and then silence.. :D

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

On the production side of things yes the intro got made very much after the fact.

As for how the Facehugger got into the emergency escape vehicle?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

First time I've ever seen that pic of the cryotube prop.  Nice.  Looks like the cracks in the glass are there too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed