Will there actually be any Warrior vs Wolf 'fights'?

Started by War Wager, Nov 08, 2007, 03:07:00 PM

Author
Will there actually be any Warrior vs Wolf 'fights'? (Read 2,536 times)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 08, 2007, 03:50:52 PM
I want to see something far more intense to be true, i cant even watch the full fight anymore because its so goddamn bad done...

I completely agree. They both look and feel like the costumes they are, during that.

War Wager

I agree that they don't look that good, but thats a fight I want to see in AvPR but on a bigger scale.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: War Wager on Nov 08, 2007, 04:51:48 PM
I agree that they don't look that good, but thats a fight I want to see in AvPR but on a bigger scale.

A clash of the galaxy's most vicious titans, all the way.

Corporal Hicks

But he's meant to be a cleaner. Why risk his neck when there's plenty of other Aliens he can have fun with.

Master Chief

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 08, 2007, 04:55:39 PM
Quote from: War Wager on Nov 08, 2007, 04:51:48 PM

A clash of the galaxy's most vicious titans, all the way.

I'd like to see that too, but what exactly will a one-on-one look like.  Will we see Predator throwing some jabs followed by a right hook and the alien countering with a head butt.  I can't picture an all out brawl.  I can only picture Wolf grabbing and smashing into walls and things.  ???

OneThousandEyes

OneThousandEyes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 08, 2007, 05:23:22 PM
But he's meant to be a cleaner. Why risk his neck when there's plenty of other Aliens he can have fun with.

Correct. Wolf has no reason to go into fistfights when his mission is to destroy everything and get rid of the evidence. He is at work, he can hunt in his free time. 

Porkus Maximus

QuoteBut he's meant to be a cleaner. Why risk his neck when there's plenty of other Aliens he can have fun with.

Because he is a predator.  Predator's are sadistic, egotistical and over-confident.  Having the predator "play it safe" would be massively out of character.

Dusk

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 08, 2007, 05:49:30 PM
Because he is a predator.  Predator's are sadistic, egotistical and over-confident.  Having the predator "play it safe" would be massively out of character.

I think you're generalizing an entire race here. So, the first Predator didn't "play it safe"? Not all Predators jump willingy into a battle. We had the first Predator that stalked Dutch's entire team and then we had the blood lusting slaughter machine in Predator 2. Even AvP had Predators with different characteristics. Celtic being the guy that picks Aliens up by their feet and knocks them around, and then there was Scar that acted smarter and more composed.

Porkus Maximus

My point is that at some point in the movie the predator gets over confident and that is when he gets pwnt.  If all the previous predators hadn't felt the need to stroke their ego at one time or another, they'd have gone home with a bag full of trophies to show off to their buddies.

Corporal Hicks

No they wouldn't. If all Predators are like that, which you're suggesting, there must barely be any others left to brag too!

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 08, 2007, 05:26:37 PM
I'd like to see that too, but what exactly will a one-on-one look like.  Will we see Predator throwing some jabs followed by a right hook and the alien countering with a head butt.  I can't picture an all out brawl.  I can only picture Wolf grabbing and smashing into walls and things.  ???

Lots of thrusting, parrying, slashing and so forth. Like a swordfight with walking, multi-limbed chainsaws. No time to strike poses, no opportunity for anything but the most instinctive of vicious strikes carried out with merciless precision.

Something from which only two beings such as they could ever possibly hope to emerge from.

Master Chief

There's the image I was looking for.   8)

Xenomorphine

If it looks like humans could have done it, then it's not right, basically. :)

It might even only be possible with CGI and some tasteful shadow.

pmor087

i would like to see something similar to the Celtic/Grid ALien fight, a huge brawl and if the big bad wolf somehow grabbed the tail and started smashing the hell out of an alien...badass no doubt

Dusk

I hope the fight will be similar to the first AvP comics. Of course I don't want Wolf to take out 5-6 Aliens at once all by himself like Broken Tusk did, but it's just a good example of how an Alien vs. Predator fight should look like. Hopefully it won't be anything like the fight in AvP, with both of them just standing still and taking swings at each other.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed