Started by 0321recon, Apr 26, 2024, 08:35:01 PM

Author
Alien3 Legacy Cut (Read 3,692 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Haha, lol, I noticed that too. Still a great speech

SiL

SiL

Because they're questions for different things.

SM

SM

The Spanish Inquisition bursts in 'The only question is when and how. The TWO only questions are when and how!'

It's dumb and thankfully improved for the TC by cutting it back to one only question.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 05, 2024, 01:20:04 AMYou do not "escape" such violation, you just overcome it.

But awful people can do good, I can root for awful people doing good, whilst not seeing them as absolved.
I can vibe with that.

Quote from: SM on May 05, 2024, 04:23:03 AM
Quote from: razeak on May 05, 2024, 12:55:30 AMI can't completely root for Dillon based on his rehabilitation. That label doesn't absolve one of such a barbaric crime. Using violence and forcibly entering another human is such a horrific act.

The victim can never escape such a violation.

Crimes plural.

But part of justice involves rehabilitation.
yes. That effort should be made.

Project A34K

Project A34K

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 04, 2024, 04:18:10 PM@Project A34K

Confused on how both of said philosophies intersect:

"The EEV hurls toward prison colony Fiorina 161 and breaks atmosphere, crashing into the ocean, causing catastrophic damage. A hole is torn in the side of the shuttle and it is flooded instantly. Hicks and Newt's cryotubes are damaged with the impact. Newt's floods in seconds and Hicks is crushed in the impact. Neither wake up or suffer for a moment."

Which I absolutely agree with given what Clemens tells Ripley, I prefer to think he tells the truth.

"The reveal shot of Hick's body is from the Assembly Cut, while the shots of Bishop and Newt are from the Theatrical Cut, although the information card that appears on screen for these shots has been removed. The audio has been reworked to fit the new cut and the sequence still ends with the shot of the oxen and the prisoners on the beach to suggest that's how they got the shuttle out of the water."

https://i.imgur.com/nguhtMM.jpeg
So... ?

Regarding Hicks, I think his death would have been instantaneous. The gore aside I don't think it's much of a stretch that he was killed before his mind could process a conscious thought. Regarding Newt it's a horrific image, but the human body contorts in pretty awful ways after death. It's a leap, but I prefer to think she just never woke up.

SiL

SiL

She very clearly did in the theatrical cut image. Drowned people don't look like that.

If you want her to go out peacefully, use the AC's text screen.

SM

SM

And you'd need to use the same SE screens for the others too to make it fit.

Newt was clearly conscious and beating on the cryotube in the TC.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I strongly prefer the Special Edition in this instance.

Kradan

Kradan

Newt dying unconscious gives viewers at least some reconciliation while her drowning in her tube fully awake, screaming and kicking seems more fitting for Alien 3's brutal tone

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I'm not saying I'm a fan of her TC death, but I was never really bothered by it either.

Project A34K

Project A34K

Undecided... I'll mull it over a while. I'm fairly open to making tweaks until the last minute.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If Alien 3 is so great for being edgy and grimdark, I say commit to that and keep the TC version.  I'd even suggest finding the uncut autopsy scene and putting that back into it.  No half measures.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Newt died drowning, awake and frantically banging on the cryotube.. Clemens was just trying to console Ripley. Alien 3 works best when it's at its most brutal.

Project A34K

Project A34K

I finally got a copy of the workprint, just going through it now. It's awful quality so none of the video will be viable, but there might be a nugget of audio I can pull out of it. The opening credit has no score so I might be able to reincorporate some of the original sound effects I had to replace.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The irony here is that Newt would have died more peacefully if Ripley had left her on LV-426 to get vaporized in the explosion.  Ripley and Hicks would have lived too, since the queen would have never made it aboard the Sulaco to ooze out an egg.

Great job, Ripley.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed