Female Predators CONFIRMED?!

Started by RakaiThwei, Jul 19, 2018, 11:42:26 PM

Author
Female Predators CONFIRMED?! (Read 12,175 times)

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 20, 2018, 07:02:29 AM
Nick said a fan asked a question whether it was female or not. They responded in a jokey way. He's surprised CBR ran with that one given the tone.

Ah, so

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XFc7Gdd3BiY&t=0s&list=LLi0zBw1mHZJdZ6FFCfYNEtA&index=7

I'm gonna go back to believing Captured is a male until you all, who are pushing for it to be a female, get some proof then.

dave1978

dave1978

Why not?   they must exist unless they reproduce asexually.

Yautja_Warrior

In the EU stuff, weren't the females bigger than the males ? Is the Super Predator the female ? lol

skull-splitter

I only care what I see on screen. And I keep repeating: for all we know we only saw females on screen.

The Old One

The Old One

EU, E Snu-Snu, the expanded media especially where AVP is concerned is only tertiary fiction and I doubt any of the Directors or Writers for this series feel beholden to it's established lore. Hell, they don't even feel beholden to other films in the same series.

Wysps

Wysps

I don't doubt we'll eventually get one in the films.  But when we do, I'm sure the proclamation will come with trumpets and fanfare, rather than an ambiguous joke that it seems CBR went with. 

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Jul 20, 2018, 09:17:19 AM
In the EU stuff, weren't the females bigger than the males ? Is the Super Predator the female ? lol

The EU stuff is incongruent - the way they are represented is all over the place, bigger, smaller, boobage, without.  In a film, the writers could honestly go whichever path they wanted to take  :)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 20, 2018, 10:13:22 AM
I only care what I see on screen. And I keep repeating: for all we know we only saw females on screen.

No.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 20, 2018, 05:11:28 PM

No.

Why wouldn't it be ?

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: dave1978 on Jul 20, 2018, 09:00:45 AM
Why not?   they must exist unless they reproduce asexually.

I'm all for female predators (hate the asexual idea but that's just me of course ;)).

Personally I like to think that the females would at least have a more slender build. Captured's build is very similar to that of the predators in the first two films and I think it may already be established that Captured is a male.

As far as I'm concerned the books and comics are just elaborate fanfiction. I only look at the movies a the proper canon, which wasn't it established that they actually designed a female predator for P2? I know I read a post by someone on here from a while back that said there was a magazine article about it and that they would try and find it... I guess they never did.

I always wondered if the one on the right was a female after hearing about the supposed article.

Anyway, I kind of like that they're leaving it for interpretation. Fans can at least have their own theories until something is actually presented in a movie.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 20, 2018, 05:11:28 PM

No.

I feel like what the alien skull is for some Alien fans, is the same as Predator fans saying that all the past predators were females, for us. :laugh:

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 20, 2018, 05:19:01 PM
Why wouldn't it be ?

It's very clearly not what was intended. Especially when you hear what the Thomas Brothers refer to as MANHOOD RITUALS and HE this and HE that. The predators have all been dude bros.

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 20, 2018, 05:46:19 PM

I always wondered if the one on the right was a female after hearing about the supposed article.

There is no way you'd convince me that Hippie was a chick.

I feel like what the alien skull is for some Alien fans, is the same as Predator fans saying that all the past predators were females, for us. :laugh:

It would just be a stupid ass retcon done for modern nonsensical political bullshit.

If you want a female Predator, than have a sensible design that's still obviously female, and go from there. Don't try to change what came before. Make what you want to do fit.

It's like when Paul Anderson literally referred to the original two Predators as "Teeny tiny Predators." Yeah. Well. F*** off, Paul.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 20, 2018, 06:33:27 PM
Why wouldn't it be ?
It's very clearly not what was intended. Especially when you hear what the Thomas Brothers refer to as MANHOOD RITUALS and HE this and HE that. The predators have all been dude bros.

It could be argued that HE is used by default, by habit, just like we say "men" when we talk about a larger scale of people containing women too. What i meant was that nothing in the movies clearly indicates that they are males or females.

PS : i'm not fond of female preds at all, let's keep some mystery left.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 20, 2018, 06:44:59 PM
It could be argued that HE is used by default, by habit, just like we say "men" when we talk about a larger scale of people containing women too. What i meant was that nothing in the movies clearly indicates that they are males or females.

Their physiology, their behavior, the fact that Keyes himself refers to the Predator 2 creature as "he."

I don't even know why this becomes an argument. It's clearly not the intention of anyone involved with the films. It's not even vague.

They're physiologically men, right down to the extra cock'n'coping cod piece!  :D

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 20, 2018, 06:47:45 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 20, 2018, 06:44:59 PM

Their physiology, their behavior, the fact that Keyes himself refers to the Predator 2 creature as "he."

I don't even know why this becomes an argument. It's clearly not the intention of anyone involved with the films. It's not even vague.

They're physiologically men, right down to the extra cock'n'coping cod piece!  :D

Don't get me wrong, i agree, they inspire virility by every inches of their body, their behavior, no doubt about it. But them being men could be viewed as a human concept that may not be suited for an alien species too.

I'm just trying to figure how someone that thinks they are females base their reasoning on... Risky game, but i can't help it  :laugh:

yautjapet

yautjapet

Seems like many people are leery of seeing more predator culture revealed on-screen, or having one as a more prominent and fleshed out character, because it would "humanize" them, but have no problem applying human concepts of gender traits to them...?

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 20, 2018, 06:33:27 PM
Why wouldn't it be ?

There is no way you'd convince me that Hippie was a chick.

I was only trying to narrow it down on who it could have been since someone mentioned an article about how the designers said they made a female. But with no article means no proof. I think we're on the same page in terms of the male vs female arguments anyway though. The bulge between their legs says a lot... or so I thought. I just try to not squish the fantasies of some fans who think it keeps them "mysterious" and "alien". 
They're an intelligent, humanoid species. You can't help but assume that there are more similarities than not with certain aspects.
I always figured their hunts were to also prove themselves to their females as much as it is a right of passage ritual.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed