The Predator using human weapons (Guns)?? (SPOILERS from Script)

Started by germanator2, Jul 11, 2018, 12:57:57 AM

Author
The Predator using human weapons (Guns)?? (SPOILERS from Script) (Read 6,237 times)

germanator2

Obviously a lot has been changed from the leaked script, but figured I put spoiler for those who haven't read it.
Spoiler
But in the script when the Predator escapes the lab and killing every guard in site, he ends up taking a gun from one of the guards as seen in the latest picture. How do you feel about a Predator using human weapons? I don't particularly see why they couldn't use them and I certainly got nothing against it, as Predators do have "gun"-like shooting weapons like the spear gun. There's no reason why they couldn't operate one. I always imagine a Predator maybe having like an old Western rifle but I wouldn't make a human gun, especially a machine gun, be part of their main weaponry of the hunt.
[close]

Dannyboy

Quote from: germanator2 on Jul 11, 2018, 12:57:57 AM
Obviously a lot has been changed from the leaked script, but figured I put spoiler for those who haven't read it.
Spoiler
But in the script when the Predator escapes the lab and killing every guard in site, he ends up taking a gun from one of the guards as seen in the latest picture. How do you feel about a Predator using human weapons? I don't particularly see why they couldn't use them and I certainly got nothing against it, as Predators do have "gun"-like shooting weapons like the spear gun. There's no reason why they couldn't operate one. I always imagine a Predator maybe having like an old Western rifle but I wouldn't make a human gun, especially a machine gun, be part of their main weaponry of the hunt.
[close]
Honestly I have no problem with it, as long as it doesn't play out like some Rambo movie. They obviously know weapons, so if they "somehow" manage to oblige themselves....then so be it.

yautjapet

I don't necessarily love it, my brain goes straight to the image of a predator blowing people away in spray-n-pray rapid fire which I'm not into, but it makes complete sense he would use whatever weapon was readily available to him.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

City Hunter didn't seem too fond of our toys.

So I don't much care for the image of a Predator wielding human gear. Another reason i'm glad they cut the allied Predators.

Huggs

I'd rather not see predators shooting human weapons. Our armaments should seem like primitive toys to them. I'd assume they'd give them a quick look and just toss them away or break them.

At least they weren't going to be wearing exosuits.

whiterabbit

Yea but a full auto rifle still makes for one hell of a blunt force instrument. A predator beating someone to death with a gun would be neat.

funk_master_chunk

Not a fan, personally; but it makes sense in one respect. From a "logical" perspective at least.

He's 'naked' and gone to the base with the intention of getting his shit back. He can hadly ask for parlay while he gets his gear on.

Hoping he just launches the soldier and the gun is an afterthought.

More interested to see how he interacts with Munn in the base; as the way that was handled in the early script was the worst part of it sll, IMO.

Xerxész

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jul 11, 2018, 06:38:14 AM
More interested to see how he interacts with Munn in the base; as the way that was handled in the early script was the worst part of it sll, IMO.

Most likely it will remain the same as in the script.
He will let her 'untouched' in the decon chamber.

Corporal Hicks

I love it. Predators are intelligent beings. I think they can cope with our weapons. It's something I really loved in Big Game (and the novelization actually made a point of the Predator using an M-16 to taught those hunting it. Letting it know that it could use our technology.

YTL_Hunter_H2

Hope he just smashes the thing like ghost did in Predator 2. Space tech advanced warrior stooping to our tools is just bullshit unarmed or not.

Corporal Hicks

It really isn't. A weapon is a weapon. While I imagine there's some advancements gone into the metallurgy or construction, they're still using really simple designs and concepts with the wrist-blades or knifes. I imagine they're pretty damn strong, but they'd rather have any weapon, than just fight with their fists.

whiterabbit

The Predator is a professionally trained hunter. So anything can be used as a weapon, especially it's opponents weapons. Sure most of the time a plasma caster is better but a gun is just a step down in most situations.

Still like Black said, the moment a Predator picks up a cigarette, half the fandom will lose their minds.

PredBabe

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 11, 2018, 07:09:40 AM
Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jul 11, 2018, 06:38:14 AM

Most likely it will remain the same as in the script.
He will let her 'untouched' in the decon chamber.

Alright, Wysps or someone needs to send me the actual transcript of this scene. ;D

As for the predator using human weapons, I love it. Chewbacca uses small blasters with his big furry mits and nobody bats an eye.
They'll probably have Captured toss it away as soon as he gets ahold of his cannon.

The Old One

The Old One

I love my ridiculous OP Scarface sneaking around with no weapons, no cloak- ripping people in half.

But I'm open to this, it's all in the execution.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 11, 2018, 09:49:09 AM
Alright, Wysps or someone needs to send me the actual transcript of this scene. ;D

Not a big deal.
When Fugitive gets free he starts to rampage. Casey backs into the decon chamber where she has to get off her clothes (naked...there is a scene in the trailer, that's exactly this part). The Predator kills almost everyone, beheads Colwell (a scientist) and cuts off his hand. Then he uses the head and hand at the access scanners. He manages to get into the decon chamber when he faces Casey...naked (IIRC). Casey tries to shoot with her tranq gun but it jams and then the Predator kinda laughs and goes by, leaving Casey alive.
That's all.

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 11, 2018, 09:49:09 AM
They'll probably have Captured toss it away as soon as he gets ahold of his cannon.

Exactly that's the case.
He only needs human weapons until he finds his own equipment.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed