Let`s talk about Predator design shell we?

Started by Master, Jun 17, 2018, 08:10:00 PM

Do you like new Predator design?

Hell Yeah, thats da change we need! Everything super cool, bla bla bla... (groupies)
3 (3.6%)
Yes, I like those deigns. (positive)
31 (37.3%)
Yes, I like some of those designs. (mostly positive)
22 (26.5%)
I don`t love them, nor hate them. (indifferent)
15 (18.1%)
I don`t like some of those designs. (mostly negative)
2 (2.4%)
I don`t like those designs. (negative)
8 (9.6%)
That`s bullshit, worst designs ever made! My childhood is ruined, bla bla bla... (haters)
2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author
Let`s talk about Predator design shell we? (Read 30,433 times)

D88M

Meh, it looks decent but i cannot judge them until i see them within the movie, they cannot be worse than the ones in Predators and both AVP movies, i guess

Actual Hybrid

Love the new mask.  Has Edvard Munch "scream" quality.  Though the armor, it's practically Bejewelled.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Actual Hybrid on Jun 25, 2018, 10:29:08 PM
Love the new mask.  Has Edvard Munch "scream" quality.  Though the armor, it's practically Bejewelled.
Whut?

TheLoneRanger

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 17, 2018, 08:19:46 PM
I like them all to be honest, I don't want to see classic Predator show up again, give us something new.  Best overall design is Predator 2, IMO, but I like seeing new takes on the design.
Easily ... first movie overall is best, but the second design / mask of City Hunter is the best Pred aesthetic, honestly.

I think captured and upgrade look pretty legit to be honest.  Easily better than the ass designs from Predators.

Master

We have some more material, after new trailer. Lots to discuss. What pinned my interest is Upgrade`s forehead. It looks allot like BSP`s forehead, albeit not as detiled (or the picture is crappy).

The Old One

The Old One

You're totally right.

BigDaddyJohn

It's just the red tone, that's it.

426Buddy

It would be interesting if they are both upgrading themselves illegally though.

The Old One

The Old One

They both have one wristblade and the same red marking down the center of their head- there's an influence there whether it's acknowledged or not.

TheLoneRanger

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 26, 2018, 03:39:35 PM
They both have one wristblade and the same red marking down the center of their head- there's an influence there whether it's acknowledged or not.
I agree, however the new one, "upgrade", looks way better in my opinion.

And more imposing / intimidating.

Honestly Mr. Black looks pretty stupid with his mask off.  His head is comically large, with an odd expression.

As for "captured", I think looks awesome, and I'm absolutely loving the new helmet and armor. Black, with slight gold accents.

Nice change of pace instead of just regurgitating a silver, or copper colored mask.  Gives the Predator individuality I don't feel it's had since P1 / P2 / Wolf

Master

Oh, so the masks in Predators weren`t individual enough? How come?

Wysps

I think they could definitely be "related".  The markings on the chest of the Super Pred are also similar to the markings on Captured's body (the skin doesn't have a smooth color/tone).  It seems that all the hybrids share similar features - starting with that funky skin variegation.  And then the red markings on the Upgrade have similarities to the red on the Super Pred.  There's definitely physical elements from the Super Preds that are (like Old One said) being acknowledged at least in this new film.

426Buddy

Necas captured figure.

Looks awesome

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 26, 2018, 03:39:35 PM

Where did you see the upgrade has one wristblade ?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Its on the new poster

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed