Who is this guy?

Started by SuperiorIronman, Apr 18, 2021, 05:27:42 PM

Author
Who is this guy? (Read 2,123 times)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Watching a new What Happened? on Primal Rage 2 and I couldn't help but notice that in the background of a sculptor it just so happened to be a Jungle Hunter style Predator helmet in the background which can be seen at 10:02 into the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lQCd6sP7DY

Primal Rage 2 was being worked on somewhere around the early to mid 90's which of course would be after the first two films. Is this someone who happened to work on the original film and just had a helmet lying around? I'm thinking this might've been from another project possibly for promotion of the old AVP games but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know who this guy is and what that helmet was for? One of the guys working on Primal Rage did work on Terminator which would put him near Stan Winston but I can't find any credits for Predator or Predator 2 where that helmet appears. It could be fan made and the fan base certainly has no shortage of those lids but I'm not familiar with any decent quality ones before the 2000's which is why I think this would've been made for something.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

That's really interesting, and well spotted! Loved Primal Rage on SNES back in the day, despite playing like treacle.

As for what's going on there, I'm not sold on it being an official project. The environment had a decidedly "home workshop" feel to it, so it could simply be a passion project or one of the many fan sculpt/prop operations we've seen over the years.

On the other hand, it may very well relate to work on a project we know of, or perhaps one that was canned before it ever saw the light of day. Given the videogame connection it might be something to do with Rebellion's original AVP on the Jaguar. The sprites in that game were created by rotoscoping models, if I remember correctly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed