Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized

Started by OmegaZilla, Apr 04, 2010, 05:12:36 PM

Author
Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized (Read 240,551 times)

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Vulhala on Nov 13, 2010, 01:38:49 AM
Quote from: kelgaard on Nov 13, 2010, 12:55:16 AM
The Godfather movies.

Part II was really good. Not good enough to make up for the other ones, but it deserves praise.
That was really the only one i liked.

SpaceMarines

I haven't seen III, but I really liked Part I. More than II.

Keg

thing is not liking something yourself doesnt make something overrated.

SpaceMarines

Precisely.

It's like that one time that PBA said music was overrated.

TJ Doc

:D

Keg

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 13, 2010, 01:42:07 AM
Precisely.

It's like that one time that PBA said music was overrated.

Exactly. I could say, infact I will that Call of Duty is overrated. But that doesnt mean I dont like them. I just dont think they deserve the review scores they get and all the attention and sales. Same goes with games like GTAIV when they get perfect 10 scores. Sure theyre great games but 10/10? Really? GTAIV is a 9/10 at a push and id personally give it an 8/10. But a 10/10 implies its perfect.

I thought Gamespot were spot on when reviewing the latest COD. They gave it something like an 8.0 which is a great score but realistic. COD fanboys would have been up in arms because it didnt get a 10.

SpaceMarines

Yeah, there are very few games I would give a perfect 10.

Vulhala

But for me GTA IV would be one of them!

I agree with the COD thing, since they seem to be in a rut of churning the same shit out every time now, but GTA IV was an accomplishment. It took the bar off the map in terms of what's possible. Sure the missions were all the same:

Drive here, shoot him,
Drive there, shoot him,
Ooh look a motorcycle!

But it deserves its 10/10 more than any other game ever made. They created a living city on a console. Everytime you play it you'll find something you haven't seen/heard.

Keg

GTAIV was a hell of an achievement and even though i got bored of it very fast, and I still havnt completed it, i recognize how much effort was put into it. It deserves its praise, but perfect scores?

If GTAIV deserves perfect scores then what does RDR deserve because it blew it out of the f**king water and into orbit.

SpaceMarines

Yeah, GTA IV was far from a perfect game. A great game? Sure. But not perfect.

Vulhala

Quote from: Keg on Nov 13, 2010, 02:19:34 AM
GTAIV was a hell of an achievement and even though i got bored of it very fast, and I still havnt completed it, i recognize how much effort was put into it. It deserves its praise, but perfect scores?

If GTAIV deserves perfect scores then what does RDR deserve because it blew it out of the f**king water and into orbit.

That's a fair point. I look at it in the same way one would compare Definately Maybe to (What's The Story) Morning Glory. Groundbreaking in its time, and then subsequently improved upon. If that makes any sense?  :D

Keg

Not to me because nothing Oasis ever did topped Definately Maybe. For me that is.

Vulhala

You awkward bastard  :D

Ok, in the same way that ROTJ is better than TESB?

Keg

Quote from: Vulhala on Nov 13, 2010, 02:40:05 AM
You awkward bastard  :D

Ok, in the same way that ROTJ is better than TESB?

Erm....no....because it isnt..... ;D

Vulhala

Okay, in the same way that Newcastle United are better than Sunderland. Yes, I went there. Mackem twat  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed