Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized

Started by OmegaZilla, Apr 04, 2010, 05:12:36 PM

Author
Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized (Read 240,598 times)

Cal427eb

Something has had em worked up these last few days.

Eva

Quote from: Vickers on Feb 08, 2014, 01:52:55 PM
I even like Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
Spoiler

Spoiler
I sorta agree with what you said. People should keep their expectations in check with Ep VII. Coming from Disney, I expect it to be similar to the Pirates Of The Caribbean trilogy in tone. For good and for worse.
[close]
[close]

BANE

Quote from: Aspie on Feb 08, 2014, 03:23:09 PM
LOL the mods are messaging each other and scoping whose online. Someone probably reported BANE for this.  :P
I don't care.

Aspie

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 08, 2014, 03:24:37 PM
Something has had em worked up these last few days.

They sense they are about to be overrun by the KLK outbreak.

Look out for the power plays, ladies and gents.

They'll be going for the leaders of this new cult, first.

Vickers

Quote from: Aspie on Feb 08, 2014, 03:23:09 PM
LOL the mods are messaging each other and scoping whose online. Someone probably reported BANE for this.  :P

Nope. The KlK cult aren't petty.

We'll let Bane go and come back stronger. :P

Quote from: Aspie on Feb 08, 2014, 03:29:16 PM
Look out for the power plays, ladies and gents.

They'll be going for the leaders of this new cult, first.

Aspie

Is it raining blood in that gif?

Vickers

Quote from: Aspie on Feb 08, 2014, 03:47:40 PM
Is it raining blood in that gif?

Yup!

Aspie

First Blood

The show everyone's getting a boner over at the moment.

Vickers

Quote from: Eva on Feb 08, 2014, 03:25:42 PM
Quote from: Vickers on Feb 08, 2014, 01:52:55 PM
I even like Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
Spoiler

Spoiler
I sorta agree with what you said. People should keep their expectations in check with Ep VII. Coming from Disney, I expect it to be similar to the Pirates Of The Caribbean trilogy in tone. For good and for worse.
[close]
[close]

:laugh:

Spoiler
Honestly, I'm expecting to like Episode VII a lot less than Episode I. So if it's on the same level or even a little better, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

And, while I loved Pirates of the Caribbean (the first 3 anyway), I am worried that you're right that it could be similar in tone. Although a full length Star Wars movie focused on Jar Jar Binks would probably feel similar in tone to one of the Pirates movies. :P Thankfully there's no solo Jar Jar film. (Their might be a "Solo/Jar Jar" film but that would probably be digging deep into the world of XXX parodies.)
[close]

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 08, 2014, 02:59:05 AM
Mint chocolate chip ice cream for the win!

Will have to give frozen yogurt a try though :P

Dairy in general is overrated. It's not actually good for you as it leeches calcium from the bones thereby promoting osteoporosis.

Aspie

but I thought milk gave you calcium

Vickers

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 08, 2014, 03:53:30 PM
The show everyone's getting a boner over at the moment.

First Blood, we're waiting.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 08, 2014, 04:03:49 PM
Dairy in general is overrated. It's not actually good for you as it leeches calcium from the bones thereby promoting osteoporosis.

Quote from: BANE on Feb 08, 2014, 03:04:19 PM
The dialogue is just... :o

The show's repetitive thus far (go away, come back, go away, come back more powerful, animated vagina squeeze aaaaaand....FIGHT!). The voices grate, the story is pretty lame, and the bad guys seem more interested in posturing and monologuing than actually killing Ryuko ('HEY, you killed one of our council members! Go ahead, leave. We'll be here if you feel like returning').
Maybe they AREN'T interested in killing Ryuko -- maybe they have more important things to deal with. Hmmm.

Yeah, the earlier eps are a bit repetitive. But that gets thrown out the window once the series mytharc kicks in.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 08, 2014, 04:08:57 PM
http://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/calcium-full-story/
http://authoritynutrition.com/is-dairy-good-for-your-bones/
So you cite one scare-mongering crackpot snake oil site, Harvard, who says don't drink milk if you're lactose intolerant (duh) or that too much calcium can be bad. Uh, no shit. Then one site that you obviously didnt read because it blatantly contradicts you:
"The truth is that observational studies often give a mixed bag of results and they can't be used to prove anything.

That being said, there are many more observational studies showing beneficial effects than there are showing no effect."

You're incredibly gullible and naive if you believe this "MILK ROTS YOUR BONES" shit.
Maybe its a feminist conspiracy though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed