Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 851,445 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on May 07, 2024, 12:08:20 PM"The Great Escape"

Worth watching for Steve McQueen's motor cycle rides.

I'm whistling that tune in my head reading this.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

The Prophecy (1995)

Christopher Walken's Gabriel is one of the most underrated movie villains of all time.  I've loved this movie since the first time I watched in aged 12 way back in 1997

Prez

Prez

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - The family enjoyed it and whilst it's predecessor was better, I felt the criticisms were a bit too harsh.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

I would have liked a little more development for Proximus and more in general of Raka, but this was a very continuation of the reboot trilogy. It's not quite on the level of Dawn and War, but a bit above Rise.

TheDerelict

TheDerelict

Aliens 4K

The picture quality is really good. Despite having seen the film 100+ in my life, I noticed so many things I had not picked up on before.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You probably noticed new things because they did not exist before because they are newly "artificial intelligence" generated.

SiL

SiL

That's not how it works, no.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's literally how it works in this case, much of the detail's invented by that algorithm and not originally present.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=366711&page=102

TheDerelict

TheDerelict

I don't think I was looking at AI generated images. My eyes were just drawn to things because the image is clearer.
Just like it did with blu ray.
On TV, VHS and DVD, I never noticed that Ripleys harpoon gun from Alien was still wedged in the bottom of the Narcissus door. Then on blu ray I saw it for the first time.

With 4K I noticed that Vasquez has tattoos on her fingers.
There are Ron Cobb style symbols above some doors in Hadleys hope.
Frost has a sticker on his armour that says "Nuke em"
There's an upside down human skeleton stuck to wall behind Hicks when he inspects the open egg in the hive.
Things like that.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Millennium Actress

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 12, 2024, 01:45:22 PMThat's literally how it works in this case, much of the detail's invented by that algorithm and not originally present.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=366711&page=102
I'm not reading a random forum page to find the source that the image is being completely regenerated from AI.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Whatever then, it is not my job to inform you.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Mummy's Tomb

Just bad.

Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man

I dig it. More like Frankenstein Yeets the Wolf Man (because he totally does). :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 13, 2024, 11:43:36 AMWhatever then, it is not my job to inform you.
You made a claim, it's totally your job to actually support it.

Glancing through the page there's no source, just a user on a forum making a claim.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

So AI is inserting new shit like George Lucas did for the Star Wars special editions?  Is that the claim being made?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed