REQUIEM28'S Artwork

Started by Requiem28, Dec 24, 2008, 09:21:52 PM

Author
REQUIEM28'S Artwork (Read 160,091 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

RUUUN! IT'S GODZILLAAA!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

erkgdsjwrp;gk

:o

Requiem28

Requiem28

Some designs...

I personally prefer the two on the right in the first one and the one on the upper left in the 2nd.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They should've hired you as the main concept artist.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I love your Godzilla art, Requiem. Just fantastic work all around. :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 06, 2013, 02:34:34 AM
Some designs...

I personally prefer the two on the right in the first one and the one on the upper left in the 2nd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trZLaZ15-Ns#ws

Requiem28

Requiem28

Alrighty mates,

(Let me just get the mood right...I feel this track will do the trick)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQQ9GTV4eoU#ws

(please read a little slowly, lol)

So far, most of you can tell that I'm in full GHM (Godzilla.Happy.Mode) right now.

I've worked pretty hard on designing a Godzilla that I feel both I and the fans could fully appreciate to see destroying a city on the big screen in 2014.  I did my best to take all elements that I felt make a rebooted Godzilla feel both very faithful to the original Japanese trademark as well as bring a more modern- more believable animalistic quality to the character.  Something that led us to believe that this couldn't possibly be a man in a suit, but neither too "dinosaur like" as depicted in Roland Emmerich's 1998 take (which ya'll know I love)

Speaking of my love for the '98 American film, I felt that a lot of things (design-wise) worked for that take on Godzilla; specifically the rugged dorsals on the back and the absence of the overwhelming "thunder thighs".  I took the dorsal design from the '98 G and positioned them as they usually appear on the classic Japanese G, which I thought ended up looking pretty neat.

In addition, I attempted to incorporate that bulky neck and head area as seen in Gareth Edwards teaser pitch for the 2014 reboot.  in that, I also felt that having the head/face closer to the look of the Gojira from '54 is essential to paying tribute to Tanaka's original.

With a few additions of my own (the torso shape and progressive dorsal/spikes from limbs to back, just to name a few)  I arrived at my design concept that I truly hope to see on the big screen next year.

(This is the cue to pause David Arnold's magnificent opening titles for the '98 G and to play Akira Ifukube's masterpiece theme)

(Or, if you'd like, continue playing Arnold's theme)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcs0Dt5NnZw#

Ladies and gentlemen.........

I give you the radioactive titan from hell....

GODZILLA!

Shasvre

Shasvre

One of the coolest Godzilla designs I have ever seen. Well done, man. :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

MOTHER OF f**k AAAAHHHHFFFFFNNAUBWUDBDSVDGFB MRO

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

:o :o :o

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

HOLY f**kING SHIT!!!! :o :'(

It's so f**king amazing! OH MAH GAWD!!!

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

My first instinct is to smash my keyboard and let whatever letters appear on the screen be my reaction!

But holy cow ... does this deserve to go straight to the screen. It's just a damn perfect concept (and bet) given what they showed the comic con crew (and us through video stills ... has that video actually ever surfaced?)

Hats off. WAY OFF. My hat is now in orbit. Echoing Shasvre when I say it's one of the best Godzilla designs I've ever scene. A beautiful mix of 1998, and toho ... with some pitbull and dinosaur thrown in for good measure.

The muscles. The texture. Oh god I can just SEE him coming across a landscape.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Okay, I'll say it:

Best Godzilla design I've ever scene. Yes, that means over the 'shot' ones as well.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Holy shit...it...it works so f**king well. Modernized and still feels like Godzilla. It's f**king good, so damn good. Like damn...GODZILLA.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Thanks very much guys  :)

Honestly, I would love to see everyone's take on a perfect Godzilla.  A design from everyone that accents what exactly it is about Godzilla that makes us such a big fan.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed