When do you think 'Alien' will be remade?

Started by War Wager, Oct 21, 2008, 01:12:03 PM

When will Alien get a 21st centuary rape?

1 (2.9%)
3 (8.6%)
5 (14.3%)
2013 +
26 (74.3%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author
When do you think 'Alien' will be remade? (Read 16,788 times)

SM

'Nice'?

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Scree on Oct 22, 2008, 12:10:11 AM
2012 would be nice.

You do know that a remake of Alien is NOT a positive thing, right? It's a despicable and heinous act so foul and evil that the Devil is cumming in his pants as we speak. It's like shooting yet another American Pie movie... It's like nominating a Uwe Boll movie in Cannes... It's like letting Britney Spears compose the music for a Werner Hertzog film... It's like using the original frames from The Battleship Potemkin as toilet paper after taking a dump on Akira Kurosawa's or Ingmar Bergman's grave...

SM

Even the Debil don't want a Alien remake.

He told me.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Oct 22, 2008, 12:12:47 AM
'Nice'?
I think he was being facetious - 2012 is when the Mayan calendar ends. Alien remake... end of the world... see the connection? :P

SM

OOh.. he was trying to make LULZ.

Keep trying methinks...

Ash 937

The film moves too slow for audiences today.  Plus, we all know what to expect when Kane gets facehugged.  One of the things that made Alien great in theaters was that there was a constant sense of surprise and no one could guess what was going to happen next.  You lose all that with a remake.

I think if anything, a prequel should be made; something that explains all of the unanswered questions of the original film. 

SM

Leave 'em unanswered.

War Wager

War Wager

When they do the remake they'll probably take ideas from the subesquent Alien movies like theFriday 13th. remake, taking stuff from 1-2-3. And I'm dieing to see the Alien design they use...

Sprout

If they remake Alien they probably will with a different kind of Alien. Otherwise it would be an identical movie though possibly without many of its qualities. So probably no facehuggers and chestburster, but some other nasty and painful revelation. In any case once you've changed the Alien design it is no longer 'Alien'.

I'm also thinking they already tried it with Pitch Black.

Carnal Calligraphy

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 21, 2008, 11:04:06 PM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Oct 21, 2008, 09:14:59 PM
Oh, it'll get remade, and with a cast of 20 somethings that look like this:

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/texaschainsawmassacre_cast.jpg

OMG teh alienz r cumming aftir uz!
Is that from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake? Because to be fair that remake was actually pretty good. I watched the original and the remake back to back, and the remake holds up pretty well.
Another good remake is John Carpenter's 'The Thing'.

That said an 'Alien' remake would still be a horrible idea.

To be fair, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre had 20 somethings that didn't quite look like that, but were the 1970's equivalent to "that".

Kel G 426

An ALIEN remake doesn't have to be horrible, people.  It all depends on who's in charge of it and how it's handled.  However, I do believe it shouldn't be made anytime soon.  Even a good remake probably wouldn't be appreciated right now.  Disappointing sequels and mediocre prequels have drained a lot of credibility from this series.  I think the franchise needs to go on a 10-15 year hiatus and then start over fresh.

Foundationman2

If ridley heads it up and decides that, "Hey, if Fox wants to cover the movie, I can use the technology we didn't have back then to expound on some concepts that I wanted to earlier, but there was no way to." Only then would I be down for an Alien remake. You have to admit, having the movie remade, retaining the same elements, only better graphics, would be pretty cool. But nothing will ever be as epic as the original.

Sabreman

Sabreman

Quote from: Foundationman2 on Oct 22, 2008, 05:30:20 PM
If ridley heads it up and decides that, "Hey, if Fox wants to cover the movie, I can use the technology we didn't have back then to expound on some concepts that I wanted to earlier, but there was no way to." Only then would I be down for an Alien remake. You have to admit, having the movie remade, retaining the same elements, only better graphics, would be pretty cool. But nothing will ever be as epic as the original.

They could make it using stereoscopic 3D, like James Cameron's 'Avatar'. Imagine feeling like you are in the derelict, or the Nostromo. Dallas in the vent sequence, suddenly the Alien tries to 'hug' you...
I'm succumbing to the dark side of remakes...  :D

stroggificated

After stop being an avp fan i'll also stop being an alien fan if FOX really prefer a remake to a sequel (Alien5).
I don't say this in anger. I'm serious. 8)

Xhan

Quote from: Carnal Calligraphy on Oct 22, 2008, 10:07:48 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 21, 2008, 11:04:06 PM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Oct 21, 2008, 09:14:59 PM
Oh, it'll get remade, and with a cast of 20 somethings that look like this:

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/texaschainsawmassacre_cast.jpg

OMG teh alienz r cumming aftir uz!
Is that from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake? Because to be fair that remake was actually pretty good. I watched the original and the remake back to back, and the remake holds up pretty well.
Another good remake is John Carpenter's 'The Thing'.

That said an 'Alien' remake would still be a horrible idea.

To be fair, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre had 20 somethings that didn't quite look like that, but were the 1970's equivalent to "that".

You're still rather likely to see a shift pertaining to perceived demographic representation and how that would affect monetary returns. It's a commercial product first and foremost, and Fox has been open and upfront that profitability comes before anything else, particularly in the last four years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed