Script in the works for PROM Seq

Started by draken161, Feb 27, 2013, 06:59:15 AM

Author
Script in the works for PROM Seq (Read 66,557 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Blacklabel on Feb 27, 2013, 09:40:43 PM
Carlos Huante Deacon, specifically.

Yup.

and Giger better be back to design the entire Engineer planet, damnit.

Hell yes! Please oh please let Paradise be covered in Giger's landscapes and biomechanical terrors.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

I can honestly say that I'm not excited at all. Feeling pretty indifferent.

As a matter of fact I'm not excited about anything concerning these franchises anymore. And the scary thing is that I don't really care what happens next. It's a lost cause. Watered down and milked dry.

The good thing though is that I still have my Alien and Alien 3, and Aliens as well, and that's more than enough. Whatever happens next I don't give a flying f**k about.

So yeah, go for it Shaw and David! Explore baby Jesus on planet X and make sure to take lots of pictures while you're at it!

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2013, 09:51:02 PM
As a matter of fact I'm not excited about anything concerning these franchises anymore. And the scary thing is that I don't really care what happens next. It's a lost case. Watered down and milked dry.

That's how I felt after AVP. Then Predators & (especially) Prometheus came along and my excitement was restored. Falling in love with the two franchises again, but for completely different reasons than before.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I just want to see more ALIENS up in this madafaka.

Carlos Huante Deacon, specifically.

also.. his Ultramorph.

and Giger better be back to design the entire Engineer planet, damnit. (And his Sphinx Alien better show up!) X)
HELL. YEAH.

So yeah, go for it Shaw and David! Explore baby Jesus on planet X and make sure take lots of pictures while you're at it!
Don't forget to post 'em to Facebook, too. Gotta make it official ya know. :laugh:

I can honestly say that I'm not excited at all. Feeling pretty indifferent.

As a matter of fact I'm not excited about anything concerning these franchises anymore. And the scary thing is that I don't really care what happens next. It's a lost case. Watered down and milked dry.

The good thing though is that I still have my Alien and Alien 3, and Aliens as well, and that's more than enough. Whatever happens next I don't give a flying f**k about.

So yeah, go for it Shaw and David! Explore baby Jesus on planet X and make sure take lots of pictures while you're at it!

Exactly @SpreadEagleBeagle!

FOX knows this is how most ALIEN fans feel right now. Remember all that BS about 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' on the 'What is 10.11.12' website that mysteriously vanished? Yeah - nobody gives a f**k.

30 years of expectation went into the hype for Prometheus box office returns. FOX will be lucky to get a fraction of that for P2.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: 180924609 on Feb 27, 2013, 10:27:29 PM
FOX will be lucky to get a fraction of that for P2.

They'll probably double it, what with the amount of attention Prometheus got, good or bad.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I tend to agree -- even haters WILL go to see it at the cinema AND some will buy the blu-ray.

All of this in absolute coherence of course.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2013, 10:30:15 PM
Quote from: 180924609 on Feb 27, 2013, 10:27:29 PM
FOX will be lucky to get a fraction of that for P2.

They'll probably double it, what with the amount of attention Prometheus got, good or bad.
Yeap. And for what it's worth, most people I know that came out of the movie thinking "what the f**k" (in relation to the questions that had arisen) actually liked it. That's a buzz generator.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Deuterium on Feb 27, 2013, 07:12:44 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2013, 07:07:09 PM
Over a movie? ::)

Relax, you'll live longer.

It's all good.  The intensive psychological therapy that I have received after seeing "Prometheus" has helped a great deal. 

You lucky bugger. They didn't have intensive psychological therapy in 1986. The scars have never healed.

Xenomorphine

They're going to have to do a lot more, marketing-wise, to secure the same reception the last one got. Even the casual film reviewers I was hearing on radio stations seemed hugely disappointed over how generic it seemed to them.

Honestly, I'd feel more optimistic about this if I had any indication that RS has at least been taking on board some of the legitimate criticism of 'Prometheus', but the only quote I've heard from him about reaction to it was in regards to it selling a lot of tickets and saying, "Well, thank f**k for that."

I'm fearing we're going to be in for a more-of-the-same approach, which makes me feel a lot more indifferent to this project than I was about 'Prometheus' in its early stages.

The one bonus I absolutely will be looking forward to are more unintentionally amusing rambling interviews on video. :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 27, 2013, 11:25:22 PM
The one bonus I absolutely will be looking forward to are more unintentionally amusing rambling interviews on video. :)
And I will be looking forward to your parodies. :laugh:

Xenomorphine

DontRelaxJustYetMarines

With every director it's always the same.  Their first few movies are good, then success which brings them cocaine and hookers turns them into big budget whore directors, who then go on to only make dumbed-down generic trash so they can continue their coke and hooker binge.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: DontRelaxJustYetMarines on Feb 28, 2013, 12:36:35 AM
With every director it's always the same.  Their first few movies are good, then success which brings them cocaine and hookers turns them into big budget whore directors, who then go on to only make dumbed-down generic trash so they can continue their coke and hooker binge.

Like?

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: DontRelaxJustYetMarines on Feb 28, 2013, 12:36:35 AM

Ridley Scott should give himself a part in Prometheus 2.  It should begin just like Alien3 and end with Ridley Scott hanging out in paradise with some Engineers where they all do coke and bang hookers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed