The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 66,452 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I feel like there was never going to be more than a token appearance of any Marines in the first outing anyway.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

They'll probably cocktease us all season.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

You can guarantee it.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 22, 2024, 09:13:56 PMAnd at least their recent activities are acknowledged as a new thing, rather than an "always have been" thing.

Didn't see this edit. What about the time there were suddenly female Cadians everywhere and always had been? Or the time Marines had always had Centurion suits, Hunter tanks etc. Or how the imperium had lost Grav-gun tech, then suddenly when a new kit dropped, marines had always still had Grav weapons?

"They've always been there, you just didn't see one til now" has been how GW has handled retcons since forever.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

But I didn't know about those things because I'm a filthy casual who didn't really start following the lore until a few years ago.

So they don't count.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

At least it's an honest answer.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I can only get livid about things that happened after I became a fan.  And I don't even buy the minis, so I don't know if I'm allowed to be called a fan anyway.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I think there's a $5,000 minimum spend before you're an Official Fan™.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What does $5,000 USD get me at current prices?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

One box of troops and a couple of paints.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I bet you used to be a wealthy man before you discovered the plastic crack.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Honestly, I'm just sort of mad of them for not getting things consistent. If they wanted to have female troops, just say that they were recruited recently Since more units is Usually better and not they were there the whole time.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Oh, they have plenty of female "troops" in 40k.  Sisters of Battle, Sisters of Silence, Inquisitors, Imperial Knights, guardsmen, naval officers, assassins, commissars, etc.  We've also had female High Lords, rogue traders, tech priests, navigators, saints, etc.  I've seen them all at some point.  And they're awesome.

Just no Custodians until now, because we were always told they were a "brotherhood" of "sons."

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Pfff I'm less than a filthy casual :P I only played Dawn of War (rts PC game) Dark Crusade & Soulstorm eons ago.😂👎

My favorite factions were the Necrons and the Tau 😎🤘 oh and that Necron monolith turned into a mobile fortress in advanced stages of the game was beyond insane!

😍👉👈

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I have never played Dawn of War.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 22, 2024, 11:13:02 PMOh, they have plenty of female "troops" in 40k.  Sisters of Battle, Sisters of Silence, Inquisitors, Imperial Knights, guardsmen, naval officers, assassins, commissars, etc.  We've also had female High Lords, rogue traders, tech priests, navigators, saints, etc.  I've seen them all at some point.  And they're awesome.

Just no Custodians until now, because we were always told they were a "brotherhood" of "sons."
Yeah, I was referring Custodiansas troops for. I didn't know how to spell Custodians. Sorry for the Misleading

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed