Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien

Started by Darkoo, Dec 17, 2011, 02:26:48 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien (Read 106,551 times)

scarhunter92

Ridley's statement on the aliens could mean no xenomorphs at all or just no xenomorphs in the way we know them. Maybe we get to see an earlier version of them or what happens when a facehugger impregnates a space jockey.
Anyway, this is the space jockeys' show. And I'm glad to know that.

nendo

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 18, 2011, 04:18:22 PM
I'm confused if Ridley was talking about Giger's 11 month inclusion on Prometheus or the original ALIEN as well?

11 months is in relation to alien

SHREK

No aliens, then theres not much point this movie being put on an alien/predator site... no? regardles.. not very interested to see the movie now, so cya guys.

m138jewski

Quote from: SHREK on Dec 18, 2011, 06:35:42 PM
No aliens, then theres not much point this movie being put on an alien/predator site... no? regardles.. not very interested to see the movie now, so cya guys.
lol                  

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Dec 18, 2011, 03:48:32 PM
I haven't read that Giger actually was in Iceland with Ridley. when was that mentioned?

I thought that I read that Ridley said he was coming over to work on the film while it was shooting there. I really don't know how long ago. I'm going to have to hunt for that comment to see how real it was

stroggificated

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 17, 2011, 11:34:29 PM
This is the most prestigious franchise in Sci-Fi but after 30 years it needs to evolve radically and to a really brand new direction. Otherwise it's the end of the Alien and his mythology.

Imo Sir Scott already buried the Alien with his words. And soon the mythology will end by the Jockeys. He's on a good way to finish both.  -.-

Mr. Clemens

Man, posts like this make me happy. If enough of these types stop going to the movies, Hollywood may be forced to start making intelligent films for the rest of us!

ThisBethesdaSea

Amen Clemens. If you want to go to movie just to see a creature, you're going for the wrong reasons. Rent both AvP films, and Alien Resurrection and call it a day.

Gunflyer

Is it possible the horror in Prometheus will be from a slightly different angle? Obviously it needs actual horror elements and tension and scary scenes, but I am thinking maybe somehow the horror needs to be on a more... psychological angle if that makes any sense? Then again, horror is all in the mind, making it 100% psychological anyway. Thoughts on this possibly bizarre interpretation?

Scree

They sell Alien-stuff at Disneyland? Hahaha, that is so lame.

MrSpaceJockey

The ALIEN film makes an appearance on the Great Movie Ride.  I don't think its too lame though, I mean, its a Disney Ride and ALIEN's a horror film, but its an important part of cinema history.  :)

I doubt there are too many toys, though.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 18, 2011, 09:41:07 PM

Man, posts like this make me happy. If enough of these types stop going to the movies, Hollywood may be forced to start making intelligent films for the rest of us!

I suppose we'll just have to count the days before Prometheus vs Predator

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 18, 2011, 09:41:07 PM

What? So a movie that is promoting the ideas of 'Intelligent Design' is an intelligent film is it? I bet you love Tom Cruise.

I.D. is an insult to all science, mathematics, and intelligent thought beyond common sense. Ridley might as well have made a movie about Tinkerbell and the Xenomorphs. 

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

So, I've been pondering...as I like to do ;) ......Is Prometheus just a creature film dressed in a grand science fiction mythos? As we near ever closer to an official trailer release I realize that I'm in this for a couple of different reasons, the first, which is the biggest....WHAT THE FU€K kind of creature will I be seeing, and will it terrify me??......and Two, it's a film directed by Ridley Scott, who's first two science fiction efforts defined a generation and the genre (and still do) and it's very possible, Prometheus will continue the precedent.

That's why I'm in this. Not for the traditional Xenos, not to see another Ripley, etc...

Addendum....intelligent design is as plausible a theory as anything, and this gets back to a larger and confirmed and agreed upon truth that life had a jump start by something, NASA, and the Vatican agree upon this. Furthermore, it's highly possible that the beginnings of man and life on this planet was started by some greater entity/force/creator/comet/whatever. Believing that doesn't negate evolution whatsoever.

Intelligent Design has been dismissed by science - in court! Its essentially Creationism in sheep's clothing.

And by the way, Evolution does not place Mankind at the center - Intelligent Design does.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed